Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey b... remember what happened to Mrs. Shirley... 54shirley I know her's was due to a slip. So i think what this young lady is trying to say is.... We should all listen to our bodies and if we feel something is not right... don't stop till you get an answer.

Maybe the topic should have been more like..... complication from Surgery, almost killed me. just saying

Oops...in reply to bayoufirlmrsc. Although I appreciate the suggestion, this my story and I get to title it anyway I see fit. That is why it includes "with" instead of "because of". I am fully aware of the fact that a complication of my lap-band surgery almost killed me.

I'm a Healthcare Pro, conduct clinics in various hospitals and treatment centers....she explained the symptoms, the onset....I'm curious what the findings were...nothing to do with the band, but infection control which is a major concern for all, especially in a surgical suite...or was it post op wound care....

Things like that perk my ears from being around it all day...again nothing to do with weight loss or the band...

When these things happen, people are interrogated so it does not happen again...i's a bad mark on someone..

A few posts back I answered what bacteria were found. Nobody could give me answers.

So i went on line and looked up your dr. and yes you were correct. Plenty of reviews saying what a wonderful dr. he is/was. All the way to recently in 2013. What i didn't see was a review from you telling "your story". It seems to me that at some point in the past 5 years you could have taken time to do so. And WARN others not to use this doctor. But instead you come here and rant about and imply how the Lapband almost killed you. No matter how you think your "wording" of the title of your post did not indicate as such.... IT DID and that was your intent. To tell your story, get your "im sorries" and try and stop others from have LB surgery because if it weren't you would have be compelled to write a review, sue the doctor, and come here 5 years ago and rant. If you were that concerned with others safety and health... why wait 5 years?

Your right not all LB surgery are successful... but there are tons of successes to every NON success. NOT all surgeries period are successful ... that's why we all sign the papers saying we understand the risks involved in going under the knife.

Be

So i went on line and looked up your dr. and yes you were correct. Plenty of reviews saying what a wonderful dr. he is/was. All the way to recently in 2013. What i didn't see was a review from you telling "your story". It seems to me that at some point in the past 5 years you could have taken time to do so. And WARN others not to use this doctor. But instead you come here and rant about and imply how the Lapband almost killed you. No matter how you think your "wording" of the title of your post did not indicate as such.... IT DID and that was your intent. To tell your story, get your "im sorries" and try and stop others from have LB surgery because if it weren't you would have be compelled to write a review, sue the doctor, and come here 5 years ago and rant. If you were that concerned with others safety and health... why wait 5 years?

Your right not all LB surgery are successful... but there are tons of successes to every NON success. NOT all surgeries period are successful ... that's why we all sign the papers saying we understand the risks involved in going under the knife.

Wow! Angry much? Let me touch on some "points" you made.

Please quote where I am implying that you shouldn't get a lapband. NOWHERE in what I've said or implied has been to stop someone from getting the lapband.

If you had done your research on my story (to get my I'm sorries like you say) or my doctor you would have noticed that he retired a few months later. So, yes, I felt that posting a terrible review about someone who was no longer practicing wasn't in my nature.

Whether or not I have contacted an attorney regarding a lawsuit is my business and not yours.

Maybe you should go back and read my story again. It's been three years since my surgery and less than three years since all this happened but however you want to do the math is fine.

Have a happy day!

First, sorry for getting the date wrong... so replace the 5... with a 3ish. There.. better?

I was Angry at the way you disrespected the other people here. People that were just asking questions and trying to understand where you were coming from. You said you never told anyone to not get the LB... NO you didn't but, naming a post..... I almost died with the lapband..... does imply just that. What happen to you was terrible, but you got it removed and im guessing your doing ok.... So move on.

Your doctor did retire.... at the end of 2011... because he was still doing LB's at least till sept of 2011 according to this site. You got banded in July of 2010, 8 weeks later started having trouble... so, give or take.. all this happened sept-oct of 2010..... but he was still doing bands a year later and you did feel the need to write a review because it's not in your nature... but its in your nature to come here 3ish years later.... ok

Did you just wake up 3 years later and think..... Hummmm even though my doctor no longer practices, i no longer have the band.... I'm going to tell my story today. What were you trying to get out of posting "your story"? Why come here and scare other people?

Yes it is clear that the lap band did not cause the problem, however the liver was lacerated thus causing an infection. This can happen in any abdominal surgery not just with the lap band.. Yes the title leads one to believe that the problem resulted from the lap band when in fact it did not, it was something that happened during the placement of the lap band. With that being said a title of maybe almost died from complications during lap band surgery might have been better. But that easily could have been almost died from complications during gall bladder surgery, do you see where I'm going with this. I am so sorry you had this happen to you. The fact is lap band surgery is very safe, safer than many other types. I am sorry this has become a big debate again I feel it was miss wording as in fact the lap band itself did not cause the problem that happened however it happened during your lap band surgery again it could happen during any abdominal surgery.

Not really Guy.... according to this website he has 70 something patients and NONE of them has ever said a bad word about him. Also looked him up and EVERY review was great.

What happen to her could have happen to anyone during any surgery around the liver. It was an accident.

You guys win! I'm done

First, sorry for getting the date wrong... so replace the 5... with a 3ish. There.. better?

I was Angry at the way you disrespected the other people here. People that were just asking questions and trying to understand where you were coming from. You said you never told anyone to not get the LB... NO you didn't but, naming a post..... I almost died with the lapband..... does imply just that. What happen to you was terrible, but you got it removed and im guessing your doing ok.... So move on.

Your doctor did retire.... at the end of 2011... because he was still doing LB's at least till sept of 2011 according to this site. You got banded in July of 2010, 8 weeks later started having trouble... so, give or take.. all this happened sept-oct of 2010..... but he was still doing bands a year later and you did feel the need to write a review because it's not in your nature... but its in your nature to come here 3ish years later.... ok

Did you just wake up 3 years later and think..... Hummmm even though my doctor no longer practices, i no longer have the band.... I'm going to tell my story today. What were you trying to get out of posting "your story"? Why come here and scare other people?

Wow, you are one RUDE lady!

Unlike you, I have not disrespected one person or poster on here, including the surgeon.

The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

Not to comment on the Original Post, but every time I see this Heading /Title, the biggest thought that runs across my mind is:

Without the Lap Band, I surely Would have Died...!

Just saying....

My father nearly died from a hip replacement a number of years back. He contracted MRSA had to get it surgically cleaned out a number of times, that didn't work, he then had to have the prosthesis removed and wait a couple of months . Luckily they eventually cleared the infection and were able to put another prosthesis in. The downside is that he now has 1 leg shorter than the other and has to have specially built up shoes.

Hip replacement surgery is common and relatively safe but my Dad was one of the unlucky ones that ended up with a major problem. We all know that there are risks to surgery but we all hope that we won't be the one that is affected.

Sorry that you were unlucky.

First' date=' sorry for getting the date wrong... so replace the 5... with a 3ish. There.. better?

Did you just wake up 3 years later and think..... Hummmm even though my doctor no longer practices, i no longer have the band.... I'm going to tell my story today. What were you trying to get out of posting "your story"? Why come here and scare other people?[/quote']

You certainly did your research didn't you... I have no idea why you are getting so angry and defensive. This poor lady almost lost her life due to Having this surgery ( yes I said surgery and not Lapland). She told her story. Let her tell it. I reread her post and nowhere in there does it trash the lb. the title of her thread may be misleading but anyone curious enough to know what her thread was about would read it and see that she almost died from this surgery. I sympathize for this lady and not once felt as though she was trying to scare people from having the Lapland. It's a wake up reminder that anyone can have complications from any surgery, including lb surgery. Not trying to stir the pot, just saying, cut the lady some slack. I'm sure this was a very scary experience for her. Grilling her on how she worded something, or criticizing her for why she did or didn't right a review is fruitless. Who cares why she didn't. Thank god she survived this ordeal.