Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my head is killing my progress*

I'm 4 weeks post op. First 2 weeks I lost 21lbs which was amazing, last 2 weeks I have been gaining and losing, I don't want to get on the scale anymore.

I've got 50lbs to go, and that big loss was a huge motivation. Now I look in the mirror and think 'same old story, try so hard, lose some weight, pick it up again' - what the heck, I might as well eat what I want.

A further problem is portions. I'm unfilled and don't need big portions but whilst having my last bite, my head can't believe that that small portion is all I need to be full and eventually I take one more bite, and another and..

How can I get my head around this? I spent soo much money and time making this decision and can't fail in this!

You're in bandster hell. It'll get easier as you get fills, you get some restriction, and your band starts working for you.

i was just banded on the 10th and i haven't lost any pounds in like three to four days i had to tighten my bra strap to the first hook this morning. I will take that any day!!!! hang in there. Last night my husband went to take my plate and turned around and said did you eat any of it? It amazes me also now what we can eat and be full. Just enjoy.

I'm 4 weeks post op. First 2 weeks I lost 21lbs which was amazing, last 2 weeks I have been gaining and losing, I don't want to get on the scale anymore.

I've got 50lbs to go, and that big loss was a huge motivation. Now I look in the mirror and think 'same old story, try so hard, lose some weight, pick it up again' - what the heck, I might as well eat what I want.

A further problem is portions. I'm unfilled and don't need big portions but whilst having my last bite, my head can't believe that that small portion is all I need to be full and eventually I take one more bite, and another and..

How can I get my head around this? I spent soo much money and time making this decision and can't fail in this!

weight and measure your food and when you are done, you are done. walk away from the plate, the kitchen, whatever you need to do. just because you can eat it doesn't mean you should.

Banded almost 6 months ago and now at a stand still. Bounce back and forth with 2 pounds for a few weeks, then lose 4 or so and start the bounce again. Gets a little tiring, but don't give up. Put on my "big boy" pants, which aren't as big as they were 64 pounds ago, and buck up. Have 2 fills will get 3rd next week and hope to see a darker green. Sort of Lime right now, looking for Forest!

Don't be discouraged, I'm sure it will get better. Press on my dear, I am sure the results will follow. Blessing and best wishes to you!