Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on June 24th. I lost 6lbs and have started exercising 4 days a week. I have been using "my fitness pal" and eating no more than 1000 calories per day, however I have not lost anymore weight. I don't understand why with the low calorie and exercise I'm not losing. Any ideas?

When did you stall? In my own experience I will hit weeks at a time the scale doesn't move at all and the one day it's like I birthed a phantom baby and will be way down. My food and exercise will be consistent thru that time. I'm not sure why one day it just falls off.

Solanoam

I was banded on June 28. I lost 5 pounds the first week and absolutely nothing ever since. I had my second fill today. Can't wait to see what happens.

I lost 12 lbs the first two weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. Once my band was adjusted properly I started losing weight. But it doesn't just fall off by a lb a day. You can go 2-4 weeks without losing any weight and then like Aviva said, it just disappears one day. Watch this video, it can explain a lot:

I was banded on June 24th. I lost 6lbs and have started exercising 4 days a week. I have been using "my fitness pal" and eating no more than 1000 calories per day' date=' however I have not lost anymore weight. I don't understand why with the low calorie and exercise I'm not losing. Any ideas?[/quote']

I hit a few plateaus, but if you keep at it, you will start losing again. You can always check with your doc or nutritionist for additional ideas.

I was banded on June 24th. I lost 6lbs and have started exercising 4 days a week. I have been using "my fitness pal" and eating no more than 1000 calories per day, however I have not lost anymore weight. I don't understand why with the low calorie and exercise I'm not losing. Any ideas?

ok, so the scale isnt moving,,but are you losing weight? judge by your clothes..area they getting roomier? are you needing to go down a size? if you are losing inches, you are losing weight......(good job).....keep doing what you are doing even if you think its not working......because it is..

My surgeon told me the first 30-45 days are more about healing than losing weight, and any weight lost is a bonus. Make sure to check with your doc to specify the proper amount of calories you are to eat, if it's too low then you may not lose weight due to starvation mode. Try not to pay as much attention to the scale at first. Just come up with routines that incorporate exercise, plenty of Water, and learning how to eat properly. One day you'll wake up and your clothes will fit MUCH different. Hang in there!!

When did you stall? In my own experience I will hit weeks at a time the scale doesn't move at all and the one day it's like I birthed a phantom baby and will be way down. My food and exercise will be consistent thru that time. I'm not sure why one day it just falls off.

I get phantom baby births too! Well put ;).

I feel your frustration! I was banded 27 june 2013. I've lost 21lbs to date. In the begining weight drops everyday. Now I've picked up 4lbs and don't know why. It frustrates me because before the band I use to eat a lot and stay at same weight, now I actually eat a quater of that and still no loss. I feel like I'm destined to be chunky!

My surgeon told me the first 30-45 days are more about healing than losing weight' date=' and any weight lost is a bonus. Make sure to check with your doc to specify the proper amount of calories you are to eat, if it's too low then you may not lose weight due to starvation mode. Try not to pay as much attention to the scale at first. Just come up with routines that incorporate exercise, plenty of Water, and learning how to eat properly. One day you'll wake up and your clothes will fit MUCH different. Hang in there!![/quote']

I really needed to hear this today. Thank u!