Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded July 24th ... and have not my first fill yet. I hope that it helps with my hunger. I'm still hungry a lot. New to this site

Welcome!!!!

So glad I'm not the only hungry one. Banded on July 24th and first fill on Wednesday. I have been starving for about 4 days now.

Feeling like a failure right now because weight loss has stalled and I'm hungry all the time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using LapBandTalk

My surgery was 7/29. Three weeks ago' date=' today. I'm in phase 4 and I'm suppose to have my first fill this week. I told the nurse that I'm still not hungry and have restriction. I only eat about 600 calories a day. I was told to wait a couple of weeks. What are your thoughts on this?[/quote']

I was supposed to get my second fill yesterday but since I'm not starving at 1000 calories a day and lost 10 lbs from my first fill 3 weeks ago he suggested not to do a fill. If I feel hungrier before my next appointment he told me to come in earlier for a fill. Well I was super excited about no fill maybe I'm closer to green I'm kinda a yellowish green according to the chart so far so good. I have read on here about people who never needed a fill after the surgery and did just fine. We are all different. As long as I keep losing and am not starving all the time in ok with that!!!

Went today for my 4 week post op. Down 16 lbs since surgery. My dr was pleased. I told him I felt hungry a lot so he did an x ray after I swallowed some barium. He said everything looked fine an to my surprise he said he would give me a fill. So I had 2 cc in my band already so he just bumped it up to 3 cc. liquids for the next 24 hours ???”

Hopefully I won't feel hungry

Down 24.6 lbs since my pre-op started on 7/12. 12 lbs since surgery on 7/24. Got my first fill today. I was at 2.7 & got 2cc added. Go back in 2 weeks for a check in.

Adjustment was not fun! 3 pokes and then to the xray room for the fill. Very sore tonight.

Crystal

OK.....I was banded 7/8 (6 weeks ago)...had an appt for a fill yesterday...I was losing still....NO FILL YET! Can't believe it.....nothing at all in my band! I will see her again in 5 weeks...we shall see!

Had my first fill today, 1cc. So far I'm doing really well. Lost 11lbs in 4 weeks bring my total weight loss so far to 36lbs. I'm so excited and proud if myself! Definitely the best decision I have ever made!! Love coming on this site! Everyone is always so supportive and it helpful when you read that someone else is going thru the same thing as you.....you don't feel so alone or like your doing something wrong! Hope everyone is doing well all g their journey!! :-)

post-211098-13813135371822_thumb.jpg

post-353711-13813142276532_thumb.jpg

First fill today. No Fluid in band and got 2cc's. I must wait another 6 weeks before my next fill as this one has been 6 weeks since surgery. Since July 18th I gained 0.2 ounces and my doctor said that was fine since weight loss was not important the first 6 weeks as healing is. I don't feel any difference in liquids going down. Next fill will probably only be 1cc.

I got my first fill today as well. Surgery was 7/24. I am down 30 lbs since pre-op diet, 14 since surgery. I have been having a lot of hunger struggles. She gave me 4 cc's and there was .2 cc's in there for a total of 4.2 cc. I am on soft foods today and tomorrow. I have an appointment next week if I need another one, which i am pretty sure i will need as I got hungry later in the day. I guess we will see how solids go. She did find a large keloid in my port incision which I thought was my port. Gross! All in all, I finally feel like I am getting somewhere. :)

Hi everyone just found the site and registered . Was banded july 16 and doing well so far down 23 lbs . No issues except the port site is still bothering me and still learning to pace myself when eating

So today was a bad day. For the first time I got way ahead of myself in eating. Now super sick. Lesson learned! Never again!

So today was a bad day. For the first time I got way ahead of myself in eating. Now super sick. Lesson learned! Never again!

As did the other day. Foolishly tried to eat a hot dog before a concert. Was miserable all night and into the next day. Will chew like crazy. Never want that feeling again!

I'm with you two on that. I will never eat popcorn again. It got stuck and I had to call and wake my doctor up at like 140am and when he called me back u could tell he had been on a deep sleep. And he called me the next morning and I thought u was fine got up to take my medicine and it was like it just sat there so back to calling him again and he admitted me to the hospital....popcorn was my favorite and now ill never be able to eat it again :-(

But I learner my lesson. Because once that happened I was on liquids then soft then regular food.

I feel like km on a roller coaster ride

Got stuck this morning my bro came over with some Bagels and loxs from my favorite deli in manhattan. I stayed away from the bagel but the lox got me .i chewed the heck out of it but it still didnt go down . I guess no more lox for me gonna try not to let that happen again