Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At the time of surgery I had 1cc in my band. My first fill he added 2cc totaling 3cc.I am 1 month post op. Down 24 lbs. It didn't hurt, just a little pinch of the needle. It felt weird bc he had to feel around & press down on my port.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using LapBandTalk

Lap band w/plication 7-18-13 2 week post op down 14 pounds 4 week post op visit down a total of 36 pounds down, I did get a fill of 4.4 total 5.4 in band.

I got the fill because after 1-2 hours after a meal I was hungry again. Had the fill drank Water to make sure I was comfy and I was done probably will not need another fill, no problems whatsoever feeling GREAT and my clothes are baggy!!!!

Lap band w/plication 7-18-13 2 week post op down 14 pounds 4 week post op visit down a total of 36 pounds down, I did get a fill of 4.4 total 5.4 in band.

I got the fill because after 1-2 hours after a meal I was hungry again. Had the fill drank Water to make sure I was comfy and I was done probably will not need another fill, no problems whatsoever feeling GREAT and my clothes are baggy!!!!

That's awesome mpmtz! 36 pounds!! I had my surgery with plication on 7/19, but I'm only down about 24 pounds so far. Can't wait for my first fill on Monday!

I'm on soft foods right now and I feel like I could eat every couple hours I am starving. So today I had a break down and don't know if I could do this and maybe I shouldn't of done it I had my cry but people keep reassuring me that once I can introduce food back into my life I will get full and once I get the band filled it will help even more.

My fill isn't until September 10. But my doctor gets a visit from me tomorrow even though I seem him last week...I think one of my incisions is infected and for some reason I'm having really bad stomach pain so guess we shall see what happens

Keep going strong.....you are correct, once you can eat food it doesn't seem so bad. Plus you actually start looking at new ways to cook......definite plus. I promise

Keep going strong.....you are correct' date=' once you can eat food it doesn't seem so bad. Plus you actually start looking at new ways to cook......definite plus. I promise[/quote']

That's weired I got banded July 31 and my first fill is not until Sept 10th

My doc tried to do my first fill last week but couldn't find my port so I have to have flourosocopy. I have top wait until the 30th now. I'm ready for my first fill. I really feel I need it. My appetite has definitely increased but I am still able to stick to smaller portions.

First fill on Wednesday......can't wait

I get my first fill on Friday 8/23. I'm excited and curious to see how it all goes!

I am 6 weeks post op....down 33 lbs. Have NOT had a fill yet, but have an appt on Tuesday. Kinda scared! The weight is still coming off but is slower now (without a fill)....! Wish me luck! Over this past weekend I ate a little more than I wanted....perhaps I do need a fill! Lisa

My surgery was on 7/18 and I have my first fill this afternoon at 2:30! I'm kind of excited, but also a little nervous. I've kind of learned how to manage with it like it is now, but I have had some hunger for sure. Would be nice not to be hungry, but not looking forward to liquids again! I'll let y'all know how how it goes. :)

I went in for my first fill post-Op (07/17) today and much to my (and the PA's) surprise, the surgeon put 4 cc's in my Band during surgery. Apparently, that's a lot! The PA was surprised that he went that aggressive with my fill during surgery since I have about 40-45 pounds to lose in order to reach my goal weight. This info was not only surprising, but also disappointing in that I should've lost so much more weight if it really is almost half way filled with saline! I have been hungry the last couple of weeks but was still satisfied with less food - but not the 1/2 cup they propose we should be full on, satisfied with every 4 hours. I also haven't been counting my calories (because I thought that the first 6 weeks were for healing and not weight loss since the Band wasn't full - or so I thought) but apparently that was a dumb train of thought. Where I go (True Results) for my fills, they do the fluoroscope to determine how my Band is doing - which I'm grateful for them doing this extra step - and she said my Band was doing well and that the swelling was down enough that the Band was now in a good place but did let too much through for weight loss.

Well, after learning this disappointing news, she put in 1 cc (she was going to put in 1/2 cc to 1 cc in, but I told her I didn't want to wait a month to see if I can start to loose weight now) and that is now followed by 2-3 days of a liquid diet and then I see how (or if) the new restriction is where it needs to be. I go back in a month for another adjustment. :(

My surgery was 7/29. Three weeks ago, today. I'm in phase 4 and I'm suppose to have my first fill this week. I told the nurse that I'm still not hungry and have restriction. I only eat about 600 calories a day. I was told to wait a couple of weeks. What are your thoughts on this?

I had my first fill today - and was pleasantly surprised that it was really no big deal at all. Just felt a little pinch when the needle went in. Otherwise felt nothing at all in the band, and it was really quick! He only put in 1 cc. I had to drink a cup of Water to see how it went down. I had a little gurgling, but not a problem. I'm glad he didn't put in more though, or I think it would be too much maybe. He said most people there do well working up to 4 cc's (in a 10 cc band) in about a year. He had me kind of do a crunch so he could find the port more easily, and then stuck the needle in. I was surprised at where the port is - not as close to the incision as I thought it was! I go back in a month. Good luck to everyone else on their first fills this week! :)

I was banded July 24th ... and have not my first fill yet. I hope that it helps with my hunger. I'm still hungry a lot. New to this site