Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bad weekend!

Hi all,

I weighed myself on friday and the scale said +3lbs.. I felt so disappointed that until now I have not stopped eating. Ferror roches, ice cream, juice, cocktails, chocolate, chicken wings... And surprise another +1lbs.. Total in 7 days I have put on 4lbs and today I had a word with myself..that I can't just go back to my old ways (eating when I feel that I have failed) because I have lost 34lbs so far... But it is so hard because in my head I feel like I can eat these things!

Sorry, had to get that out my head!

Today I had 3 eggs with 1 slice of bread and for dinner I am going to have grilled chicken breast in bbq seasoning and salad with some fat free diluted juice.< /p>

What do you do when you have "down days"?! How do you stop yourself from eating "bad things"?!

Thanks,

Elisa

The first time I heard about want power, I think it was from Carolina Girl here on LBT. Want power means you want to lose weight MORE than you want bad food. There no one who's going to stop you from eating badly, only you can do it, but to do it, you have to WANT to lose weight. And then saying no becomes easier to do.

Work on your want power if you want to lose. Or accept that if you're eating badly, that maybe you just don't want it enough. You are the only one who can decide.

U are right!

Thank u!

I do WANT IT more than I want the bad food, I realised that today xx

I feel you, I have been having crazy food cravings for about 3 weeks. It is like it is controlling me, I am picking all day, I can't get that full feeling. This is worse than quitting drinking !!!!!! Going to talk to Dr. tomorrow and maybe a lil fill.

If you have already eaten the food there is only one thing you can do. Go and burn it!!! Exercise!

I feel you, I have been having crazy food cravings for about 3 weeks. It is like it is controlling me, I am picking all day, I can't get that full feeling. This is worse than quitting drinking !!!!!! Going to talk to Dr. tomorrow and maybe a lil fill.

It IS worse than quitting drinking... You don't need alcohol for survival, but you do need to eat. We ALWAYS have to practice our addiction, but we have to control it. It's a curse!

The best thing you can do is try not to dwell on the few days of bad eating. Just move forward. 4 pounds doesn't need to become 14 pounds.

I've had a handful of days since being banded, that weren't great. I didn't go out & have cheesecake, a big Mac, pizza and anything else I could put my hands on. But I did overeat. About once a week there will be a day where I just NEED to eat more. Whether it's chemical or emotional, I just feel like I will flip out completely if I don't have that extra whatever. So, I have it. And after a day of 1400-1500 calories, I'm over it. The next day I'm right back on track with my usual 1000-1100 calories. The way I see it, is that I'm doing this for life. What happens one or two days is nothing in the big scheme of things.

Rangle this in before it takes control of you ;)

When I go up a pound or two I ask my myself, " Do you want to see the scale move back down 1-2 measly lbs and work at getting it off ? Or do you want to work at getting 10 big lbs off ? Either way you're going to have to work hard !" I always choose the smaller amount of weight to work at, and since it comes off fairly quickly I don't feel like my work has been for nothing. I like to see a little progress fairly quick.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D

Hi all,

I weighed myself on friday and the scale said +3lbs.. I felt so disappointed that until now I have not stopped eating. Ferror roches, ice cream, juice, cocktails, chocolate, chicken wings... And surprise another +1lbs.. Total in 7 days I have put on 4lbs and today I had a word with myself..that I can't just go back to my old ways (eating when I feel that I have failed) because I have lost 34lbs so far... But it is so hard because in my head I feel like I can eat these things!

Sorry, had to get that out my head!

Today I had 3 eggs with 1 slice of bread and for dinner I am going to have grilled chicken breast in bbq seasoning and salad with some fat free diluted juice.< /p>

What do you do when you have "down days"?! How do you stop yourself from eating "bad things"?!

Thanks,

Elisa

I know how you feel. We all do. Let me tell you something: even when you do everything right, you are going to get an occasional day when you, inexplicably, weight more than you did the day before. It happens; doesn't always make sense, but it does. Who knows, it may just be a matter of Water retention dues to some salty stuff you had the day before.

A couple of weeks ago, I was feeling real good about my progress. So I went to Jack in the Box for a couple of their tacos (which I love) for lunch. 4.4oz, including the little bags they come in. Yes, I weighed them.

The next day, the scale said I had gained 1.2 pounds.

"How the hell?"

You just gotta roll with the punches darlin'. Don't let some temporary bad news set you back further by eating bad stuff. Don't beat yourself up over it.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much everyone, for being so encouraging. I weight myself this morning and -2lbs.

Today I am going to make a mood board with goals, hopefully when i have down days i can just have that to remind me of my goal. Thanks again everyone :D