Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you work out?

How often do you work out? What are you doing? I would love to hear what everyone else is doing. I seem to have no time for the gym being a mom with 2 little ones while working.

Due to my disability about the only thing I can do is walk with my cane. I do notice however that there's more pep in my step than there was before. I'm hoping when I get to ONEderland that I'll hopefully be less dependent on my cane. Since my brain surgery back in 1981 I've had a problem with equilibrium. So, other than me walking with my cane or pushing a grocery cart I don't do much of anything. I do leg lifts in bed everyday so I guess I could consider that exercise.

5 days a week, before 6am....run 5-6 miles, and do weights, core strengthening 2-3 days a week.....

Has not always been so...when I was fat I could not walk up the stairs without getting short of breath....but you have to start....it goes hand in hand with loosing weight, burning off that fat.

Everyday. I have several of the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD's, a step aerobics DVD, Wii Zumba and Wii Fit Plus. Whatever it is you decide to do, make it something you enjoy otherwise you won't stick with it. I do the majority of my workout/exercise first thing in the morning before "life" gets in the way. I have also started doing more at night when I get home from work. Best Wishes, you CAN do it!

I work out at 5 -6 days a week, sometimes twice a day. I've been waking up by 5 most days so I get up and go walk/run for about an hour before it gets too hot.(I'm in week 4 of C25K). I sometimes do the wii zumba and if it's too hot and I didn't get my early walk/run in, I will do the elliptical for about 45 minutes (but my feet go numb) and then do some kettle bell workouts. I like to mix things up so I don't get bored! I'm to the point now, that if I miss a day of exercising, it stresses me out!

When I was losing, I was working full time, studied at university at night and had a 2 year old and 2 teenagers at home. So I bought a spin bike cheap off an online shop for $250 and at 11pm every Monday, Wed and Friday I'd get on the spin bike and peddle hell for leather for 30 mins. Just doing that and eating band sized portions, I lost 100% of my excess weight in 7 months (about 70lbs).

Now I do more informal, unstructured exercise like walking and roller-skating, but am going to get a home gym in the next couple of weeks to start doing some lifting. Still work long hours but 30 mins 3 times a week is only 90mins in a week of 10080 minutes, I reckon anyone can find that!

E V E R Y D A Y !! If I miss a day, I really feel it physically (like a slug) and emotionally. Working out is my therapy. :) I go on long day hikes on the weekend when possible or long bike rides (around 15 miles). During the week, I'm often doing a 2-hour hike and then some P90x or on the home gym for about 30 minutes. I also use an elliptical when I can't get outside. I telecommute with a super early shift and grown kidlet, though, so I have a lot of freedom. I understand the challenges of scheduling. Been there, done that.

Everyday. Anything inside or out just to burn some calories. I try to ride 5 miles a day depending on the weather or swim, lift weights, bands or elyptical.

Every day....in gym 4 days a wk on bike, elliptical and rowing machine for combo time no less than an hour and a half.. the other 3 days a wk I run w a running group outside

If anyone is looking for a heart rate monitor, Groupon has one for a great price today. 90% off so it is only $12.95!

I workout 7 days a week. I mix it up a bit depending on how I feel. I either go for a 5-6mile walk or walk/run or I go to the gym for an hour and a half. I always burn over 500cal whatever exercise I pick.

I've been doing 4 days a week, but you've all motivated me to do 7!!

5 days a week' date=' before 6am....run 5-6 miles, and do weights, core strengthening 2-3 days a week.....

Has not always been so...when I was fat I could not walk up the stairs without getting short of breath....but you have to start....it goes hand in hand with loosing weight, burning off that fat.[/quote']

I broke both legs at the knees in January 2009. I had previously joined the Y and walked 5-10 miles every day. I was in great shape. I gained the weight after getting hurt & can hardly walk now. Even stairs or anything I get out of breath & My knees start hurting me, sure it is an extra LBS.

I am down 28 LBS and not had my first fill yet, after being banded June 4th.

I have gotten out of the habit but have recently started the couch to 5K program. I only do it every other day but try to do something like exercise ball or bands the other days until I get built up on running. Someone once told me you have to schedule it to get it done and commit to doing something everyday. Because if you say I'm going to exercise 3 days a week, it's easy to push it off a day. If you exercise all 7 days, you are more apt to stay committed. But, I have been terrible at it the last few months...so I need to practice what I preach ;)