Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

My friend who is a nurse does transcribing from home because she is a single parent and finds it much easier with her kids than when she was working at the hospital! Was today a better day at work?? Hope so :)

My boss freaked out when hr told him I was applying for other jobs. He thinks he can fix the issues but I'm going to keep looking. God will get me to where I will be fruitful in every aspect of my life. Thank you all for your kindness.

My boss freaked out when hr told him I was applying for other jobs. He thinks he can fix the issues but I'm going to keep looking. God will get me to where I will be fruitful in every aspect of my life. Thank you all for your kindness.

If your boss was freaked out maybe you're worth more than you realize and getting a better job might be easier way of getting what you want. Could you specialize in a different field of work using your expertize to further you into something that is easier on the body and not so stressful?

Good luck

I haven't posted for a while but thought I would check in to see how everyone is. How is everyone's progress post op? Tomorrow I Celebrate my 1 month bandiverversary! I went for my 1 month check up today. I am very happy with my progress so and so is my doc. I am down 7 lbs in 3 weeks - 33 total. My energy level is increasing and I am now on my normal post op diet. My doctor is saying I am doing very well and he is not recommending that we fill the band at this time. I am feel I have made a great decision, seeing it all work the way it should. Thanks to all my fellow bandsters for your support! Keeping onward and upward!

It was awful today. I realized I need a new job so I started filling out apps tonight. I haven't had a headache or heartburn since surgery. Went back to work and in 1 day I had headache and heartburn in 2 hours. Ugh. I feel terrible.

So sorry to hear that! Stress will take it's toll on the body! I can vouge for that! Good Luck on the job search! I'm sure you won't have an issue in the medical field.

I haven't posted for a while but thought I would check in to see how everyone is. How is everyone's progress post op? Tomorrow I Celebrate my 1 month bandiverversary! I went for my 1 month check up today. I am very happy with my progress so and so is my doc. I am down 7 lbs in 3 weeks - 33 total. My energy level is increasing and I am now on my normal post op diet. My doctor is saying I am doing very well and he is not recommending that we fill the band at this time. I am feel I have made a great decision' date=' seeing it all work the way it should. Thanks to all my fellow bandsters for your support! Keeping onward and upward![/quote']

Great job, musica! Even better news, that you don't need a fill. You have made a great decision! Yes, onward & upward!

I will have my 1 month bandanniversary, this Sunday. When I went in 2 weeks ago (for my post-op), I had lost 17pounds, in 15 days. I weighed myself at work (not familiar with the electronic scale) (had to ask a nurse), & it was the same exact weight from 2 weeks ago. I was discouraged. I believe my swelling from the surgery has went down (I had hernia surgery too), I don't get full as fast, as I did 2 weeks ago. I go back in 2 weeks for my first fill. I'm staying focused. I have got a few comments from people who have no idea, I had surgery. This is a journey & I want to succeed. Thanks for all the advice & support!

I will have my 1 month bandanniversary' date=' this Sunday. When I went in 2 weeks ago (for my post-op), I had lost 17pounds, in 15 days. I weighed myself at work (not familiar with the electronic scale) (had to ask a nurse), & it was the same exact weight from 2 weeks ago. I was discouraged. I believe my swelling from the surgery has went down (I had hernia surgery too), I don't get full as fast, as I did 2 weeks ago. I go back in 2 weeks for my first fill. I'm staying focused. I have got a few comments from people who have no idea, I had surgery. This is a journey & I want to succeed. Thanks for all the advice & support![/quote']

Hi Jama11, I'm in the same boat. I haven't lost a pound since like Day 12 postop. It really has been discouraging. I didn't have surgery just to lose 21lbs so what's the issue here? I'm trying to stay positive but its hard when I step on the scale every day and see the same numbers. Ugh!!,

Hi Jama11' date=' I'm in the same boat. I haven't lost a pound since like Day 12 postop. It really has been discouraging. I didn't have surgery just to lose 21lbs so what's the issue here? I'm trying to stay positive but its hard when I step on the scale every day and see the same numbers. Ugh!!,[/quote']

Hey girls just thought I'd let u know don't get discouraged. Because you're going to lose Water weight first. I had my surgery July 30th and I eventually kept seeing the same number. Just keep your head up because once u get your first fill you will start losing again. I gained six pounds but my doctor was ok with it bc he said ur gonna lose it now. My first fill was yesterday

Sounds like your boss appreciates you! I'm sure everything will work out for the best. :)

Bandsters my weight still hasn't shifted either! It seems to be really common amongst most of the banded at this time. I'm hoping the fill I'm having next week will turn it around. I don't have any real restriction yet at 4cc's so hopefully if I keep getting fills I will be seeing that sweet spot soon! I've had a couple of bad days but have been trying hard to eat well and exercise. It's hard to keep the motivation up when the scales keep showing the same number but I keep taking it a day at a time.

Bandsters my weight still hasn't shifted either! It seems to be really common amongst most of the banded at this time. I'm hoping the fill I'm having next week will turn it around. I don't have any real restriction yet at 4cc's so hopefully if I keep getting fills I will be seeing that sweet spot soon! I've had a couple of bad days but have been trying hard to eat well and exercise. It's hard to keep the motivation up when the scales keep showing the same number but I keep taking it a day at a time.

Once you hit your sweet spot. You will be dropping again like crazy. I wanted to just keep losing at the rate I was but it has obviously slowed down. I get a fill tomorrow. I hope it helps.

Thank you all for comforting comments ; ) It is very reassuring, when others can understand what your talking about.

Thank you all for comforting comments ; ) It is very reassuring' date=' when others can understand what your talking about.[/quote']

My date for first fill is 10-2. I started my mushies today. It tastes so good. Good luck to us all finding that sweet spot.

Finally eating foods! I'm a few days early eating salad, but, I needed to for other reasons......I'm feeling so much better! I hope my fellow bandsters are doing well!! Been thinking about you all!

Finally eating foods! I'm a few days early eating salad' date=' but, I needed to for other reasons......I'm feeling so much better! I hope my fellow bandsters are doing well!! Been thinking about you all![/quote']

Congratulations! I started food two days early too! Your energy levels will start to feel better now you're eating!