Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

Hi' date=' I'm Laura and starting pre op for two weeks tnis morning. Surgery on the 9th. While I do need to loose weight I am mostly doing this to improve my diabetic control. Bmi is 36- hope to loose 10 before surgery which means I will be down to my pre stroke weight. How bloated were you after surgery from gas? I heard it is so bad clothes don't fit. Any takers on this? Exited to get going and enjoy the friendships and support on this site.[/quote']

I mean you will be swollen but it wasn't to the point where it's so bad you can't wear clothes.

Yes probably for awhile you want to wear your comfy clothes because of the incisions. You'll do great welcome to the club we all have been there so that's why we're here for one another. I will suggest getting the gas-x chewable because it will be your friend for the gas pain. Or they have the kind that dissolves on your tongue.

What is your weight loss 3 wks out?

With preop and 2 day postop am 14 lbs gone. With some of my weight gaining meds this will be a slow go if all else goes well. Good to hear u are feeling good physically. Having any reservations? Or problems? Hope it goes every bit as well.

If people only knew....well like the old saying...walk a mile in my shoes. No one will understand unless they have experienced it.

My weight loss was nothing this week. I lost 23 pre-op and 12 pounds in weeks 1 and 2 after the surgery, but this week I stayed the same. Bit disappointing when I have been using the treadmill twice a day but I have also been eating more than I did in the first two weeks. I am having my first fill on Thursday and I'm looking forward to getting the restriction back I had on the first week, but I'm scared at the same time. I'm worried it will hurt and I'll feel horrible afterwards. I'm also not looking forward to going back to liquids and mushies for a few days. I feel like I've just got back on normal food and come thursday afternoon I'll be back to baby food!! How are you doing?

I am going to start walking tomorrow because I have to go back to work in 2 weeks and need the endurance. I want to swim but need to wait another week. I hope my energy will get better soon.

Sounds like a great plan! I'm probably not doing enough but I want to take it slow and build myself up to working out hard.

My weight loss was nothing this week. I lost 23 pre-op and 12 pounds in weeks 1 and 2 after the surgery' date=' but this week I stayed the same. Bit disappointing when I have been using the treadmill twice a day but I have also been eating more than I did in the first two weeks. I am having my first fill on Thursday and I'm looking forward to getting the restriction back I had on the first week, but I'm scared at the same time. I'm worried it will hurt and I'll feel horrible afterwards. I'm also not looking forward to going back to liquids and mushies for a few days. I feel like I've just got back on normal food and come thursday afternoon I'll be back to baby food!! How are you doing?[/quote']

Alot of lbs gone forever. That means alot since you've been doing so well on liquid diets. You will succeed after the fill and it will be dissapointing taking a step back but maybe u won't. After the fill you should be able to start eating a little more normal and remember it doesn't fall off all at once. The band is a tool....you still have to do the work. Gosh how much I've learned being on this site. And you're among them. So don't worry too much. How are u feeling physically? I'm on my 3rd day of the week of Clear Liquids. Most everything hurts going down because of gas except Water. But will persevere. Good luck on upcoming fill.

Alot of lbs gone forever. That means alot since you've been doing so well on liquid diets. You will succeed after the fill and it will be dissapointing taking a step back but maybe u won't. After the fill you should be able to start eating a little more normal and remember it doesn't fall off all at once. The band is a tool....you still have to do the work. Gosh how much I've learned being on this site. And you're among them. So don't worry too much. How are u feeling physically? I'm on my 3rd day of the week of Clear Liquids. Most everything hurts going down because of gas except Water. But will persevere. Good luck on upcoming fill.

We all have to keep our eyes on the prize don't we? My wind pains lasted that first week then were gone thankfully! You will be amazed at how much better you will feel this time next week. I am so grateful to all of you wonderful people for the support and encouragement :)

I will be four weeks out as of Tuesday. Haven't started exercising yet bc I want to go to the gym and right at the moment I am without a car and I have to rely on other people. However I do have the biggest loser game for the wii so until then that will be my workout and trust me I tried that workout a long time ago before lap band even crossed my mind and it about killed me lol.

I'm just curious does anyone else have the problem of people who know you have had lap band do you feel like they are constantly watching you while you eat and when you're done and judge you for how much u ate. and like right now I am eating more but it's bc I need my first fill tonight I did have pizza it was thin crust and I ate four pieces and my mom was like how much have you ate? I mean obviously I'm doing something right bc I keep losing weight. Just was wanting to know if anyone else had this problem.

And for lunch at work I have my bread that is low calorie and I have turkey bologna with mustard a string cheese sugar free pudding and apple sauce so I don't think that's to bad

I could easily eat four pieces of pizza!! My girls are always asking "is that on your diet?" Lol. I am trying to teach them that I can eat anything in moderation and balance. But I have had people comment that they thought I wouldn't be able to eat that much. And I have to explain that I haven't had any fills yet etc. It's so frustrating to have to explain yourself!!! I would love to go to the gym but its a bit hard for me because of the girls. My hub is leaving on Friday to work in another state for 4-6 weeks. His boss asked him and we didn't want to say no because its great $ but ill be on my own so it makes it hard to get out of the house child free. I am planning to go to the gym later though because I want to tone my body as I lose weight and hopefully I won't have to have surgery to remove loose skin when I've lost my weight (although I'm sure a TT will be on the cards after carrying twins to full term). Until then the treadmill will be my friend :)

Hi' date=' I'm Laura and starting pre op for two weeks tnis morning. Surgery on the 9th. While I do need to loose weight I am mostly doing this to improve my diabetic control. Bmi is 36- hope to loose 10 before surgery which means I will be down to my pre stroke weight. How bloated were you after surgery from gas? I heard it is so bad clothes don't fit. Any takers on this? Exited to get going and enjoy the friendships and support on this site.[/quote']

Hi Laura! I had bad gas pains the first week after surgery. Oh my did they hurt!!! But I didn't notice it in the mirror. My clothes still fitted me fine. The first week is pretty hard but it really does get better day by day. And we will all be here for support. The bandsters in this group are pretty great :)

I will be four weeks out as of Tuesday. Haven't started exercising yet bc I want to go to the gym and right at the moment I am without a car and I have to rely on other people. However I do have the biggest loser game for the wii so until then that will be my workout and trust me I tried that workout a long time ago before lap band even crossed my mind and it about killed me lol.

I'm just curious does anyone else have the problem of people who know you have had lap band do you feel like they are constantly watching you while you eat and when you're done and judge you for how much u ate. and like right now I am eating more but it's bc I need my first fill tonight I did have pizza it was thin crust and I ate four pieces and my mom was like how much have you ate? I mean obviously I'm doing something right bc I keep losing weight. Just was wanting to know if anyone else had this problem.

And for lunch at work I have my bread that is low calorie and I have turkey bologna with mustard a string cheese sugar free pudding and apple sauce so I don't think that's to bad

I sent think you are doing anything wrong either. If you are hungry you are eating, If you aren't then you aren't. I think it is easy for people that are not in our shoes to judge but they don't know when you are full and what you are fans aren't tolerating. Keep doing what you are if you are losing weight.

Laura

I had some gas pain but my pain was in my back and shoulders. If you stay on top of your pain meds and use a heating pad it goes away within a couple days. My clothes fit fine when I left in fact even better! My port is sore at times and I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow. I'm not diabetic but am insulin resistant and my blood sugars have stabilized. This is a great group.

Laura

I had some gas pain but my pain was in my back and shoulders. If you stay on top of your pain meds and use a heating pad it goes away within a couple days. My clothes fit fine when I left in fact even better! My port is sore at times and I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow. I'm not diabetic but am insulin resistant and my blood sugars have stabilized. This is a great group.

?...how would one get a tt if the port is midsection left? I found some relief this am and chewed some sf bubble gum. Tasty! Nothing to eat yet 4 more days. Can't wait to have a glass of milk. I think I need a Protein drink....weak & tired. That'll even taste great. My sugar this am was 238. I am on Clear liquids. So it has to do with my meds. But I don't take my metformin or amaryl just insulin but it's terrible to be so dependant upon this. Will it never go away? I have been a monster amount of pills not just cause of diabetes but other chronic dieases since 1980. I am so sick of taking pills that I could just cry which I've done on many occasions but I realize I am not physically disabled. Still have most of my brain wonderful family and my God. That makes it all worth it but I do feel sorry for myself at times. Anyone else live near Tampa?

?...how would one get a tt if the port is midsection left? I found some relief this am and chewed some sf bubble gum. Tasty! Nothing to eat yet 4 more days. Can't wait to have a glass of milk. I think I need a Protein drink....weak & tired. That'll even taste great. My sugar this am was 238. I am on clear liquids. So it has to do with my meds. But I don't take my metformin or amaryl just insulin but it's terrible to be so dependant upon this. Will it never go away? I have been a monster amount of pills not just cause of diabetes but other chronic dieases since 1980. I am so sick of taking pills that I could just cry which I've done on many occasions but I realize I am not physically disabled. Still have most of my brain wonderful family and my God. That makes it all worth it but I do feel sorry for myself at times. Anyone else live near Tampa?

Donna

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. It is okay sometimes to have a pity party. I have them too. One of my favorite ministers Joyce Meyer always says you can be pitiful or powerful but you cannot be both. That has become the motto of my life. I am a nurse practitioner and most of my patients who have been banded need less medication as the weight comes off. They were an inspiration for me to get banded. I will pray for you.

Donna

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. It is okay sometimes to have a pity party. I have them too. One of my favorite ministers Joyce Meyer always says you can be pitiful or powerful but you cannot be both. That has become the motto of my life. I am a nurse practitioner and most of my patients who have been banded need less medication as the weight comes off. They were an inspiration for me to get banded. I will pray for you.

Thank you. Prayer is powerful and does get results. I missed sunday service yesterday still feeling quiessy. But I do thankyou for your kindness. It does go a long way in combatting combat fatigue.

I say prayers most days and try to get in the habit but miss alot of times but kindnesses are always rewarded and rewarding to the person giving them. At least I feel that way. But I am just having a pity party. Usually strong and self reliant. My dh is quite the helper at times and does give his love unconditionally so that helps keep me going too. Have a great day...you deserve it.

I've been thinking if I join a gym I would like to get a trainer as long as he takes it easy on me until my endurance can build up just don't want him to kill me and plus if I have a trainer they would help me tone up

I can honestly say, day by day, I feel better. I'm at 12 days Post Op & finally feeling good. I actually got dressed up & put make up on today. I had a terrible day this past Saturday. Advice for everyone. Take it day by day. This is a major change in our lives. I have my first post op visit, tomorrow. I'm curious, about how much weight I have lost the past 2 weeks. I know, life can only get EASIER ; ) I'm going back to work this Wednesday. Looking forward to my usual routine. Thank You, to ALL my bandster buddies. I love reading all you posts. Anyone from the St. Louis area? Just throwing this out there again. Take Care!