Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

Hi everyone' date=' I'm Amy. I start my 3 day Clear Liquids diet today and will have surgery on Monday. It's been really helpful to read everyone's experiences so far.[/quote']

Welcome Amy! This is a pretty great group you can share your good you bad and your success what works for you etc welcome to the bandster club

Hi everyone' date=' I'm Amy. I start my 3 day clear liquids diet today and will have surgery on Monday. It's been really helpful to read everyone's experiences so far.[/quote']

Welcome Amy! Let us know if you need any support during this process!

I take the flintstones and dissolving B12.< /p>

On my way to hospital. Say a prayer for me. I didn't cheat but only lost 10 lbs in two wks preop.....medications!! I'll soon join most of you as a bander. Ya rah!

Good luck!! I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts :)

Hi everyone, I'm Amy. I start my 3 day clear liquids diet today and will have surgery on Monday. It's been really helpful to read everyone's experiences so far.

Hi Amy! Welcome :)

Hi everyone' date=' I'm Amy. I start my 3 day clear liquids diet today and will have surgery on Monday. It's been really helpful to read everyone's experiences so far.[/quote']

Welcome Amy! Sending well wishes on your surgery Monday!!

Good luck!! I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts :)

Thankyou. I've been home since about one. It's now 520p. The doc said it was normal as normal can be. Not alot ofvpain justvdiscomfort. Having alot of burning in my throat. They said they stuck an airway in my throat feels raw from taking my liquid meds now looking for pepsid to help this pain. I slept abour2-3 hrs at home now just trying to get something down that doesn't increase heartburn. But otherwise fine. Will be taking it easy dd comingbin sat to clean house. Dgd will be coming also. She was really worried she kept taking pictures of me. I am so proud. She's a good girl. Take care everyone and thx for being here.

Hello to all from Joe in NYC. I was banded two weeks ago today, and had my first esophogram and first follow-up appointment. Things are going well, down 25 pounds in a month - I did 2 weeks of Protein Drinks pre- op. I'm scheduled for 1st fill in two weeks. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hello to all from Joe in NYC. I was banded two weeks ago today' date=' and had my first esophogram and first follow-up appointment. Things are going well, down 25 pounds in a month - I did 2 weeks of Protein drinks pre- op. I'm scheduled for 1st fill in two weeks. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.[/quote']

Hi Joe and welcome. Congrats on your weight loss and band.

How's everyone doing? I'm 8 days post-op and im still having a hard time. Need to know if anyone else has felt like this. I feel really weak from not eating but then if I have something I get nausea and just feel horrible for hours afterward. I had my first follow up today and the Doc said everything looks great but I don't feel great. Is this just me?

How's everyone doing? I'm 8 days post-op and im still having a hard time. Need to know if anyone else has felt like this. I feel really weak from not eating but then if I have something I get nausea and just feel horrible for hours afterward. I had my first follow up today and the Doc said everything looks great but I don't feel great. Is this just me?

It's not just you. It took me 2 weeks to feel better. The first week I really questioned if I did the right thing. Are you still on liquids? Did they give you any nausea medication?

It's not just you. It took me 2 weeks to feel better. The first week I really questioned if I did the right thing. Are you still on liquids? Did they give you any nausea medication?

I agree it took me some time to feel well. Like my first week after surgery I had a follow up appointment then afterwards went to the store and I just got worn out so easy. Then bout two days later my aunt took me out to walk at a store just to build my strength up. And the more I walked the better I felt. My doctor gave me phenagran for my nausea

Thank you Healthydnp & Brittani87. Yeah, I just started full liquids after a week of clear liquids. And I've really been wondering if I did the right thing or if I'll ever be able to eat again. My diet said I could have really really soupy oatmeal so I had some this morning, thinking it would be good for my body to get something like real food, and that made me soooo sick. I was so nausea that I couldn't get out of bed for hours. I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday and I'm scared to death because of how horrible I feel. Am I just expecting too much too soon?

Thank you Healthydnp & Brittani87. Yeah' date=' I just started full liquids after a week of clear liquids. And I've really been wondering if I did the right thing or if I'll ever be able to eat again. My diet said I could have really really soupy oatmeal so I had some this morning, thinking it would be good for my body to get something like real food, and that made me soooo sick. I was so nausea that I couldn't get out of bed for hours. I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday and I'm scared to death because of how horrible I feel. Am I just expecting too much too soon?[/quote']

I really needed 2 weeks to feel good. I had a lot of 'what did I do?' Moments but as you feel better they will be less. Take the phenergan an hour before you try to eat. So you won't be nauseated when you do eat. Give it a try.

Hi everyone, I'm Amy. I start my 3 day clear liquids diet today and will have surgery on Monday. It's been really helpful to read everyone's experiences so far.

Welcome Amy and GOOD LUCK with your journey to a new you!

It also took me a good week and a half to feel ok. I barely ate anything the first week and I'm still not eating much but at least I can look at food now without feeling nauseous. Doctor gave me Zofran for nausea. I was also really weak and tired the first week and a half but my energy level is up now and I can accomplish my daily functions (work, errands etc.).