Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

I had my surgery on 8/14. Feeling much better but still sore around the port site which kinda burns most of the time. After I eat or when I'm close to being done it seems to hurt a little more. I feel like that area bulges out a little more too. Is that a sign of fullness? I'm just trying to figure everything out. Don't think it's anything stuck. Not drinking liquid with meals either. Any ideas for mushie foods? Also having trouble getting enough Protein in. For those recently banded it does get better a little bit each day. Remember to rest and take your pain meds!

I bulge out after I have eaten and it feels kind of tight too. I've been told its normal :)

Hello to all from Joe in NYC. I was banded two weeks ago today' date=' and had my first esophogram and first follow-up appointment. Things are going well, down 25 pounds in a month - I did 2 weeks of Protein Drinks pre- op. I'm scheduled for 1st fill in two weeks. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.[/quote']

Hi joe :) welcome!

It really does get better. You're in the worst of it now but each day you will feel better' date=' I promise :)[/quote']

I feel a little better than right after surgery. I do have a tight sensation in the middle of my upper chest right between my breasts....gas?....heartburn?

Also which side of your abdomen is your surgery on??....mine on left. Good luck to us all. It is good to hear the process does work.

I feel the same. I'm on 10 days Post Op & still don't feel up to par. One incision is very sore. I don't know if that is the stitches healing or if I pulled something? I know' date=' I'm not drinking enough & not getting all my Protein in. I'm so over the liquids also. I had a meltdown today, (while my family was having McDONALD'S), & I had my pureed Soup. I just wanted a drink of Coke so bad & a bite of a McChicken. I just walked away. I'm very weak too. Also, the temperature where I live is very hot. So walking is out of the question for now. Even when I walk, I get weak very fast. I just know, things will get better in time for both of us. Hang in there![/quote']

Thanks Jama11. Yesterday was my Day 10 postop and the first day I felt even remotely normal. Still pain at incisions, I hate having clothes on right now because its like everything rubs right there. I had a yogurt from McDs yesterday while my friends all ate real food and although I wanted one of those fries soooo had, the yogurt as delicious. And since i didn't have the fruit or anything, just the yogurt, i actually didn't get that horrible feeling afterward. Today is my last day off until I go back to work, I'm so scared of gong back. I'm worried about feeling so weak from still not really eating or drinking that people will start to ask questions. I most certainly don't want my employees to find out about the surgery. Fingers crossed. I know eventually we'll all be so pleased with what we did but right now I still am questioning myself.

I feel a little better than right after surgery. I do have a tight sensation in the middle of my upper chest right between my breasts....gas?....heartburn?

Also which side of your abdomen is your surgery on??....mine on left. Good luck to us all. It is good to hear the process does work.

Good to hear you are feeling a little better. Sound like you could have some gas pains. Mine were wicked! Aghhhh! My large incision is to the left too. I am three weeks post surgery and feel great physically. Looking forward to getting some restriction this Thursday because I have none!!

Good to hear you are feeling a little better. Sound like you could have some gas pains. Mine were wicked! Aghhhh! My large incision is to the left too. I am three weeks post surgery and feel great physically. Looking forward to getting some restriction this Thursday because I have none!!

Ange

How is your energy these days? Have you started exercising yet? I haven't but I'm going to tomorrow. I have to go back to work on the 9th so need to start building up some endurance. Today is my last 'rest' day so I'm going to enjoy.

How is everyone doing? I hope things are improving each day. To those of you still anticipating surgery I wish you the best! I am today officially 2 weeks post op! Every day is a little better than the next. I still struggle some with pulling and pain at my port site, but each day is a little better. Tomorrow I get to move to soft foods diet, I am excited to be able to expand my food choices. I returned to work last week, it went okay, I was pretty tired when I would get home though! Hoping this week will be better. I have so far been very fortunate not to have any issues with eating or with nausea, hoping this trend will continue as my diet advances. I am just taking each day as it comes, knowing it will get better, keeping my eye on the prize!

I had my surgery on 8/14. Feeling much better but still sore around the port site which kinda burns most of the time. After I eat or when I'm close to being done it seems to hurt a little more. I feel like that area bulges out a little more too. Is that a sign of fullness? I'm just trying to figure everything out. Don't think it's anything stuck. Not drinking liquid with meals either. Any ideas for mushie foods? Also having trouble getting enough Protein in. For those recently banded it does get better a little bit each day. Remember to rest and take your pain meds!

Not sure what all you are allowed but here are some things I did. Scrambled eggs (keep them pretty moist), cottage cheese, yogurt, pudding, applesauce, mashed bananas, mashed potatoes. Some other things I did, I took canned chicken and minced it up very fine as much as you can, then mixed it with a little chicken gravy. This worked well for me having it with some mashed potatoes. Other things I could have was cream of wheat Cereal, cream Soup and a way to add extra protein to things like that is to mix dry milk powder to them. Hopefully you can get some ideas from these.

How is everyone doing? I hope things are improving each day. To those of you still anticipating surgery I wish you the best! I am today officially 2 weeks post op! Every day is a little better than the next. I still struggle some with pulling and pain at my port site' date=' but each day is a little better. Tomorrow I get to move to soft foods diet, I am excited to be able to expand my food choices. I returned to work last week, it went okay, I was pretty tired when I would get home though! Hoping this week will be better. I have so far been very fortunate not to have any issues with eating or with nausea, hoping this trend will continue as my diet advances. I am just taking each day as it comes, knowing it will get better, keeping my eye on the prize![/quote']

Great to hear, musica73!!!

Not sure what all you are allowed but here are some things I did. Scrambled eggs (keep them pretty moist)' date=' cottage cheese, yogurt, pudding, applesauce, mashed bananas, mashed potatoes. Some other things I did, I took canned chicken and minced it up very fine as much as you can, then mixed it with a little chicken gravy. This worked well for me having it with some mashed potatoes. Other things I could have was cream of wheat cereal, cream Soup and a way to add extra Protein to things like that is to mix dry milk powder to them. Hopefully you can get some ideas from these.[/quote']

Thanks for the tips! I'm moving to these foods this week. I'm excited!

What is your weight loss 3 wks out?

With preop and 2 day postop am 14 lbs gone. With some of my weight gaining meds this will be a slow go if all else goes well. Good to hear u are feeling good physically. Having any reservations? Or problems? Hope it goes every bit as well.

If people only knew....well like the old saying...walk a mile in my shoes. No one will understand unless they have experienced it.

Ange

How is your energy these days? Have you started exercising yet? I haven't but I'm going to tomorrow. I have to go back to work on the 9th so need to start building up some endurance. Today is my last 'rest' day so I'm going to enjoy.

My energy has been a lot better! I have been a good girl and taking my Vitamins everyday. And it has made a huge difference! I started walking on my treadmill about two weeks ago, but just very gently and only for about 10 minutes. The last week I've upped it to twice a day for 15 minutes. I suppose I should be doing different types of exercise but its just easy to use the treadmill. It sits in the corner of our family room and I can jump on at any time of the day. What exercise are you planning?

My energy has been a lot better! I have been a good girl and taking my Vitamins everyday. And it has made a huge difference! I started walking on my treadmill about two weeks ago' date=' but just very gently and only for about 10 minutes. The last week I've upped it to twice a day for 15 minutes. I suppose I should be doing different types of exercise but its just easy to use the treadmill. It sits in the corner of our family room and I can jump on at any time of the day. What exercise are you planning?[/quote']

I am going to start walking tomorrow because I have to go back to work in 2 weeks and need the endurance. I want to swim but need to wait another week. I hope my energy will get better soon.

I will be four weeks out as of Tuesday. Haven't started exercising yet bc I want to go to the gym and right at the moment I am without a car and I have to rely on other people. However I do have the biggest loser game for the wii so until then that will be my workout and trust me I tried that workout a long time ago before lap band even crossed my mind and it about killed me lol.

I'm just curious does anyone else have the problem of people who know you have had lap band do you feel like they are constantly watching you while you eat and when you're done and judge you for how much u ate. and like right now I am eating more but it's bc I need my first fill tonight I did have pizza it was thin crust and I ate four pieces and my mom was like how much have you ate? I mean obviously I'm doing something right bc I keep losing weight. Just was wanting to know if anyone else had this problem.

And for lunch at work I have my bread that is low calorie and I have turkey bologna with mustard a string cheese sugar free pudding and apple sauce so I don't think that's to bad

Hi, I'm Laura and starting pre op for two weeks tnis morning. Surgery on the 9th. While I do need to loose weight I am mostly doing this to improve my diabetic control. Bmi is 36- hope to loose 10 before surgery which means I will be down to my pre stroke weight. How bloated were you after surgery from gas? I heard it is so bad clothes don't fit. Any takers on this? Exited to get going and enjoy the friendships and support on this site.