Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PISSED nothing but sliders

It's SO irritating..

Slimed twice today..

And the second time all I was eating was a chicken breast tender(baked not breaded) and

Potato salad I take 2 bites and I start with chest pain.

I recently got a fill two days ago and right before that iEVERYTHING was going through so that's why I thought It was a fill. I got a half a CC and I can't eat anything what the hecks going on!!!

To right maybe only a half of half would of been ok. My office is closed till Monday..

Advice would be much appreciated..

Back to my soggy Cereal for dinner.

-BriannaXOXO

What is "slimed" I am new to the band and have had one filler done 2 weeks ago, but my struggle is that I'm still hungry.

I went for my 1at fill two weeks ago and was starved and gained a lb but went to dr today for another fill. This one seems to b working better. I was told to stay on liquid till sun... Then soft food and so on. I'm soooo afraid to feel sick so I will stick to it.

Ok because I've heard of people loosing up?

I took a bite of chicken that was about 1 inch long 1 cm wide and less then a cm thick that's why I'm so ugh about it. It was nothing... and im a really good chewer. 2 maybe 3 bites isn't enough for 3 or 4 hours.

Thinking to tight

-BriannaXOXO

Slimed is when your body produces saliva to help get down the stuck food and when you burp it up it feels like your throwing up a jelly fish.. Super weird/gross

-BriannaXOXO

I have been this way for a while now. I thought I could deal with it but I am going in next week to see if I need a tiny un-fill.

I don't know what your doc recommends but mine says two days of full liquids after a fill then back to basics , but talk to yur doc just to make sure and remember not to drink while you eat ,

I really unable to eat chicken. And a one inch long piece may be to big. Try very tiny bits. And sometimes I do only eat a couple bites then I'm done. It does say on the original material this could be normal. As long as your not hungry go with it. I do think the harder part is to wrap your mind around not eating so much. (Since we're all so use to eating way touch) good luck!

bites are supposed to be about the size of your littlefinger nail... also after my fills I have had to be on liquids for two days afterwards...

Agree with lots of above, my physican also requires 2 days of liquids post fill and than I usually had to progress back to solids, so all in all in usually took me about a week to be able to eat my cup of solids. chicken has always been tricky for me and also potatos of any kind. Try some fish baked, grilled or broiled and some green Beans. The band is is very fickel and some are more sensitive to fills then others, as long as you can get down liguids, are not having reflux I personally would not have an unfill. My personal opinion is that sometimes it takes the body a few days to adjust to the fill, my doctor always said to have patience and keep trying to work at it and find what I could eat. Good luck and make sure you stay well hydrated.

Well, since you asked, I have been told, and have advised others that you should stay on liquids for at least a day after fills. My own surgeon says 2 days clear 2 days full liquids to let the swelling in the band go down. Now, since you have already done the deed, I would advise you to go back to liquids for a day or so. Back to the food choices, baked chicken breast is very dry, you probably should have put a sauce on it to eat it. I stick to either dark meat or eating it with a sauce of sorts. Potato salad, while good, is very tough to digest unless you chew forever. It has a lot of chunky potatoes, celery, etc. Be careful, probably if you had waited a day or two, you could have eaten them okay. Best wishes, have a nice weekend. Karen

Debbie3sons or whoever can help me on this....I have followed the plan w/ no drinking 30 mins prior and 30 mins after eating but why is it that we are not supposed to drink w/ our meals? What does it do to the pouch? Always learning as I'm a month in.

Thank you!

Drinking liquids when eating solids can turn your solids into a "slurry"(thank you, Jean McMillan!) Then that slurry passes through your little pouch stomach and into your larger lower stomach.

The food doesn't stay in the pouch long enough and you feel hungry faster.

My dr says liquids for 24 hours which I did. It wasn't dry at all but I did have BBQ Sauce on it.

I just can't imagine having 2 bites and it be ok for the rest of my life that's not healthy right? And with those very few bites I took I waited my minute and was having chest pain.. So it wasn't like I wasn't waiting and shoving my face with food so maybe in still swollen and only sliders can go down.. Hmm.

Never thought of being super sensitive to fill but now that I think about it I've gotten a fill drank the Water they make you drink and I was gurgling and the was only a half of a half a CC.

-BriannaXOXO