Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tattoos after weight loss

I'm pretty heavily tattooed and I'm curious if anyone out there who has lost a bunch of weight is as well and what affect the loss had on your body art.... I've seen tats on folks who have gained but not the other way around.

Thanks!

I don't have any tattoos but I'm a nurse and see lots of them. They are going to look kind of sad after major weight loss due to saggy, excess skin. Everything kind of deflates on them. I don't know if that makes sense.

I have a lot of tattoos, and the ones I had before weight loss generally just shrunk along with me, especially the ones on my arms and legs. I did have a couple that were on my tummy (over a lot of stretch marks from pregnancy, not just weight loss) that kinda looked saggy and weird once I lost the weight, but I blame that more on the fact that the skin was all stretched out. When I had my body lift they were cut away with the excess skin anyway.

I have pics in my gallery if you want to have a look at some of my tattoos before and after.

I don't have tatoos and don't get the whole idea of them but I have a friend who had one and then with time it got really sad looking.. I suspect the weight loss would affect them as well.

Thanks, lellow - I will check them out. I don't have any on my tummy. Do have on both arms, legs and one on my upper back. I'm hoping their placement will help - they didn't get distorted as I gained so hopefully they hold up as I lose.

I have a lot of tattoos, and the ones I had before weight loss generally just shrunk along with me, especially the ones on my arms and legs. I did have a couple that were on my tummy (over a lot of stretch marks from pregnancy, not just weight loss) that kinda looked saggy and weird once I lost the weight, but I blame that more on the fact that the skin was all stretched out. When I had my body lift they were cut away with the excess skin anyway.

I have pics in my gallery if you want to have a look at some of my tattoos before and after.

just checked your gallery - love 'em! that phoenix is gorg!

Hey! A while back I decided to get a tattoo on my upper thigh, closer to the hip. It was a moment of weakness as something had happened in my family. When I told my artist I was going to be losing weight he told me that the skin would lose most of the Elastin and the tattoo would look different, but depending on the placement it may not change at all. I love my tattoo and I'm hoping it doesn't change much. If it does I've already spoke to him about changing it up some or doing a cover-up of something similar. I hope everything stays looking good!! :D

This really has nothing to do with weight loss by reminds me of a funny story. At Disney World one time I saw this older lady (maybe 65 ) and she had a tattoo of Elvis on her left upper arm. As age does to us all, the skin it that area was not very giving. It had stretched out and become rather flabby. Elvis looked like one of those Tiki Gods with the 'one stretched out faces! I will never forget that lady.