Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More than a cup or 4oz

So i realized since the beginning i could always eat more than a cup or 4oz whatever i try not to but if i dont weigh my food im sure im eating more than recommended i just want to know if this is something normal? Will i gradually be able to only eat that amount or i just strictly always need to eat that amount I know i need to call my dr or nutrionist. I dont think i slipped i have no signs ( i know you dont need symptoms to actually have slipped) still losing weight slowly but surely but just wondering. I have a 14cc band with i believe 6 cc in the band

Hope someone answers this for you, I feel the same . I ate about an hour ago, went for a bike ride, and my stomach is growling !

Most people can eat more than a cup of food if they really want to or aren't careful. This is why it's so important to measure your food so you don't accidentally over eat.

You have to realize the band's job isn't to physically stop you from eating- that's your job. The band's job is to allow you to be satisfied on much less food for much longer periods of time.

Have a look at this link, it explains it very well: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

8oz = 1 cup

4oz = 1/2 cup

So if you are eating between 4-8oz you are doing fine

Thanks!!!

Most people can eat more than a cup of food if they really want to or aren't careful. This is why it's so important to measure your food so you don't accidentally over eat.

You have to realize the band's job isn't to physically stop you from eating- that's your job. The band's job is to allow you to be satisfied on much less food for much longer periods of time.

Have a look at this link, it explains it very well: http://drsimpson.net...estriction.html

Thanks for posting the link. It explains so much. It is all about self control, even with the lapband. I am getting myself mentally ready. I am getting baned on the 25th of this month.

I often eat a bowl of Soup for dinner. Early in the beginning I couldn't finish the soup, but now I can.

"Portion control" That was my previous downfall....always, with every diet I ever tried. I'd read that I could only have a certain amount of this or that. Some diets even pre-portion meals for you. Lots of folks on here talk about trying those same diets....we do good for a while. Then reality sets in....are you really going to eat preportioned meals the rest of your life? Some people may, (if it works for them, GREAT! ) but it's not for me.

I didn't understand a healthy portion...i always thought eat till you're full! Oh how wrong I was. Since I have my band correctly adjusted for me, I now eat until I'm satisfied...and stop! I THEN....AFTER I'm done, keep track of how much I ate...because it's interesting, and I think beneficial for me to know. If I see a trend of not feeling SATISFIED after a small amount, somethings gotta change. What that change is, depends on each person. To be certain, I still sometimes know I COULD eat more. But my band helps me stop at a "normal" portion. I wish you the best of luck in getting to that same level of satisfaction....NEVER, EVER give up! You can do this! :)