Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today is officially post op day 7. One week in and yesterday I had a complete melt down. Crying and wondering why I did this to myself. I'm on the liquid/full diet. I can have creamed Soup, yogurt, Protein Shakes, broth, and Water to sum it up. The problem is everything is upsetting my stomach. I can do Jello and the shakes but that's about it. I asked my nutritionist if I can do applesauce and puréed sweet potatoes but she's not responding quick enough. I don't want to hurt my band but I need to know if these two things are ok. They have been the only thing I can get down without upsetting my stomach. I also wanted to know if anybody has any other food ideas for this stage. I know things will get better over time but this first seven days specifically the last four have been tough. I'm very hungry and not even reaching 600 calories a day. I feel week and dizzy at times and getting headaches. Please someone offer me some advice.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Have u tried runny cream of wheat or oatmeal or grits? In my book from my class it lists those items for the stage your at. Good luck sweetie. We are here for u. I am banded tomorrow so I will be where u r next week.

It's okay, cry it out then take a deep breath. You CAN do this! Ask your doctor if you can take something for the upset stomach and stick with your post-op diet. You got this girl!

Best wishes, stay way from TV food commercials, everything looks more appetizing after lapband surgery!

If you are taking Vitamins currently, stop them. Many recently-banded post-ops (that's redundant, I know) experience stomach irritation from their vitamins--they just aren't taking in enough food to counteract the vitamin's irritative effects. (Once you progress to a "normal" post op style of eating, this won't be an issue and you can take your vitamins as you did before the band.)

If you aren't taking vitamins, then I have no other suggestions...but I hope you feel better soon.

Hang in there, bbagley. You're going through a big change, so an emotional reaction is okay. But don't let it get you down, you will get through the tough times and look back with pride on what you accomplished. Talk to your dr + nutritionist asap for advice on your upset stomach- it could be as simple as taking something for gas or Constipation. They will steer you right. Runny cream of wheat helped settle my stomach, and Unjury Protein works best for me, but everyone is a little different. If the bvrand you have upsets your tummy, try a different one.

I would tell you to call the dr office for advice before changing anything in your diet.

However the what-did-I-do phenomena is pretty common. Mine came on day one. What you are experiencing is pretty normal. Once you start seeing results you will be so thrilled.

Relax, breath, trust the process! Big hugs!

Hi Bbagley. Just checking in w/you, hope you are feeling better!

Best wishes' date=' stay way from TV food commercials, everything looks more appetizing after lapband surgery![/quote']

I thought I was doing exactly that when I decided to watch a Yankee game or two my first weekend after my surgery. Wrong! Do you know how many pizza, burger and beer commercials are in a baseball telecast? Lol

I never noticed till my surgery on Monday how many food commercials there are on tv? It's a cruel joke. I'm starving but trying very hard to stay on course.

Mashed potatoes !!!! They sell them at Walmart all you do is add Water and micro for 1 min and its heaven . Helped me a lot . Im starting my 3rd week Tuesday

I used applesauce, non sweetened, after about week 2, but I was still on liquid most of the time. Applesauce and refried Beans became a staple when I was on mushie foods. Now, for the, "What did I do?" You are normal. I wondered that into the 2nd week. When I finally got on solid food, and you will, I began to realize what I did and said to myself, "Put on your big boy pants and get with the program!" Well, 5 months out and 64 pounds lighter I am happy I did this, and I am sure you will be too. Good luck and keep up the good work. If your surgeon has support groups to attend make sure you go they help me alot.

You are doing really well. I have not made it over 100 calories and I am 6 days post-opt. It's a hard process but we can do it!!!

congratulations your doing great.....We are all proud of you..... I get banded next week so I'll be where you are soon