Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, my name is Quahog, and I'm addicted to ice cream....

.....and I need help. I gave up diet soda, candy, large portions, etc. but this dangerous slider food has a control over me that I haven't been able to beat. Hoping that "confessing " to my weakness might give me strength to give it up. Small portions won't work, I need to stop cold turkey.

Tomorrow will be the beginning to take one day at a time. The frozen devil got the better of me already today.

OMG me tooooo! Chocolates and ice cream are my weaknesses.

Which is why whenever my boyfriend brings some home, they magically find their way into the garbage can outside. :P

Even I don't love it enough to get it out of the garbage once it's there!

I hope this is my last dish of ice cream.

post-352338-1381314197144_thumb.jpg

post-352338-13813141972298_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing that you understand Lellow. And it helps to know you can fight the urge.

It's easier to avoid temptation for the 30 seconds it takes to throw it out, than to avoid temptation for days while it sits in your freezer, I reckon.

I still have ice cream on occasion, but it's on special occasions only. It's just not an everyday food, as much as I'd love it to be!

Ooohh there is so much truth so Ice cream being some type of frozen evil! haha! I just had a bowl myself... I hope before my surgery in a few weeks.. I can eat my fair share be done with it! :D I really hope everything works out for you! Best Wishes! :D

I'm addicted to Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I mean...hardcore. If there's a 1lb bag of miniatures in the house I'll graze on and eat the whole thing. No joke.

For me, the only way to control the addiction is to keep it out of the house. If it's not here, then I have to make the conscious decision to go out and buy one. 90% of the time, that is enough to keep from going out to buy some. The other 10% of the time I do indulge but in a single serving and I count the calories.

Keep ice cream completely out of your house- it'll help a lot.

Hang in there!

Missy is right. If ice cream is a dangerous food for you, keep it out of the house. If there are others at home who eat it, well just make them go out for it. It won't kill anybody to make your life a little easier. I understand how you feel...my dangerous food is Pasta. Fortunately, I've been able to avoid the temptation so far but it's always a struggle. Good luck to you...here's hoping you can conquer this challenge.

That's my weakness as well, ice cream , Ben and Jerrys "If I had a Million flavours " OMG I don't keep it in the house , I never use the excuse well I have kids they need it because no they don't just junk and extra calories !

Or make your own ...

I make this and it is really good.

4-5 egg whites (from pasteurized eggs)

1/2 cup sour cream

Splenda or Truvia equivalent to 1/4 cup reg sugar

vanilla Extract to taste

In metal bowl whip egg whites to foamy, add "sugar" and vanilla. Beat til soft peaks form, fold in sour cream. At this time you could add in fruit or nuts or other add-ins. Cover with foil, put in freezer and stir every 30 mins. Stirring is important, otherwise you'll get ice chips.

i use to eat, before band, a pint of ice cream almost every night. I just don't buy it and if my husband wants it, I buy him what I hate. I am very fussy about what I eat. I always have potato chips in the house, what he likes. If they were my favorites, they wouldn;t last one day. Just chose smart when shopping. Good luck.

Maybe some way to reward yourself every time you don't eat it? Like mark it on a calendar and if you go a week or month, etc treat yourself to something you love that isn't food related? I have a 'month without Mac and cheese and get a pedicure' deal with myself.

I realize for many foods the answer is moderation but if there is one food that is your kryptonite maybe it is worth finding a reward for abstaining.

can even do this "icecream too"

1 frozen banana, 1tbs pb, 1 ts cocao, puree the banana til it forms lil pebble like shapes then add pb and cocao and blend til nice and smooth.. its delish

You guys are too much! I really appreciate the thoughtful ideas.

I am going to try the reward idea (thanks aviva!) I'm a reader, so a new book may do the trick!!! : )