Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just wondering being that summer is here and banded in December. How do we eat fruit I don't snack and eat about 2 meals a day can I have fruit and how much?

I eat fruit every day. Cantaloupe, apples, grapes, pineapple, blueberries. My band likes them all. But of course, you need to track how many calories you're consuming so don't over do it?

I am so glad summer is here. I love watermelon and cantaloupe. I measure mine out to about 1/4-1/2 cups diced up and eat that with each meal.

Just track it and you should be fine. You may want to be wary of skinned fruits (think blueberry, apples) until you know your tolerance. I can handle skins on fruit, but my step mother cannot, we are all different :). Yay for summertime!

Great news! Can't wait to have some watermelon!!

I have a low fat Greek yogurt for Breakfast, and mix in a cup of blueberries. If I feel the need to snack at night, I'll cut up half an apple into thin slices. That pretty much covers my fruit intake.

I eat fruit with cottage cheese for breakfast a lot!

Don't us it much for snacking though. It does spike my sugar and make we want more food.< /p>

I think I will use it as a side dish that sounds good if it starts interfering with my weight loss I guess I will have to cut it out.

You should eat fruits in two serving of the day.

Eat some fruits such as apple and berries in breakfast. Also eat some fruits after taking your lunch, orange, banana, and grapes are the best choices at that time.

i eat fresh fruit/veggies all day long...great Snacks and easy to prepare ahead of time...and who can pass up watermelon/cantaloupe/berries/apples etc.......

A really nice suggestion I have one question in my mind, i wanted to know which fruit is really good for losing weight? If anyone has the answer so please let me know.

Well,According to me that fruits diets are so perfectible for the fitness and the weight loss so try to take fresh fruits in your daily intake as they are more nutritious.Mostly i like the fresh fruits juices for get energy....

I think a lot of people get confused when diets call for 'x' amount of servings of fruits and vegetables. In my book fruit and vegetables are not equal or interchangeable. Vegetables are far superior to weight loss in my opinion and experience. Just because a diet calls for fruits AND vegetables I think you're much better off if you substitute vegetables for fruit and not vice versa. Anyone that argues that fruits have important Vitamins I simply say, I can take a Vitamin without ingesting all that extra sugar and calories thank you very much :D And to those people that argue that it's GOOD sugar I say, tell that to my fat body because it doesn't know the difference! Actually, my doc told me that fruit is great for skinny people because they don't have to worry as much about what it does to their insulin levels and metabolism but overweight people should eat fruit in moderation because it can hinder the weight loss process.

On the flip side, I do say an apple is better than a Snicker's bar so if that's your choice, feel free to substitute the candy bar for the apple. Just don't substitute an apple for some broccoli and think you're making an equally 'healthy' choice because you're not.

Agreed on keeping fruit to a minimum during active fat loss... The fruit you do eat should be in whole form and not just fruit juice.

Brad