Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is 4 weeks from surgery. I get my first fill on Wed. But am working my way on the soft diet progression.

I lost 10 pounds in the first few days. And now, nothing.

As directed, I am eating 60-80 grams of Protein daily, and under 1000 calories (most days nearer 750), and drinking in excess of 64 oz of Water daily.

Just recently added a pedometer - in tow days did 4800 steps and 2800 steps.

I am beginning exercise - yoga, Pilates and walking - due to orthopaedic restrictions on anything higher than low impact.

Have ridden my bike, plan to do more.

A less than 1000 calories, pounds should be dropping. Why not!

Nurse keeps telling me to be patient - unfortunately I don't "understand that word". Never have.

Help!

Tomorrow is 4 weeks from surgery. I get my first fill on Wed. But am working my way on the soft diet progression.

I lost 10 pounds in the first few days. And now' date=' nothing.

As directed, I am eating 60-80 grams of Protein daily, and under 1000 calories (most days nearer 750), and drinking in excess of 64 oz of Water daily.

Just recently added a pedometer - in tow days did 4800 steps and 2800 steps.

I am beginning exercise - yoga, Pilates and walking - due to orthopaedic restrictions on anything higher than low impact.

Have ridden my bike, plan to do more.

A less than 1000 calories, pounds should be dropping. Why not!

Nurse keeps telling me to be patient - unfortunately I don't "understand that word". Never have.

Help![/quote']

Sometimes you have to eat more to lose. Ask your dietitian. I have around 1000-1300 calories a day. I just don't exercise enough is my problem. I need to move. My fitbit tells me my steps and the weight would come off faster if I walked more.

Sometimes you have to eat more to lose. Ask your dietitian. I have around 1000-1300 calories a day. I just don't exercise enough is my problem. I need to move. My fitbit tells me my steps and the weight would come off faster if I walked more.

Are you losing inches? Weight loss can be masked by Water gain. If you are doing high Protein, low calorie, the weight has to come off eventually. Esp. with exercise thrown in.

I lost 12 lbs the first 2 weeks and then nothing for the next 14 weeks. What you're experiencing is normal. Especially when you exercise as much as you are.

Maybe you are consuming hidden calories in Snacks that your forget you've had or in drinks etc.

I believe it's impossible to sustain a certain weight if you are burning off more than you consume.

If you are actually having 750 and not losing, I am sorry and your metabolism must have slowed to sedentary levels.

I was just banded on 5/29 and I lost 20 # boom. Now just stuck and scales haven't moved in the last 7 days. I get my 1st fill on 6/19 and have had 0cc in my band since post op 10 days, I had complication and they had to remove all liquid. I am excited to begin this journey and walking and excising is one of my top priorities and which I have been doing so I feel your frustration on scales not going anywhere. LOL...

I'm in the same boat! 10lbs first week, now almost three weeks and not an ounce more. I'm eating 800-1000 calories with the exception of yesterday (1200). Maybe it's normal? Or else misery loves company :-)

Pygo - yes I am actually tracking everything I put in my mouth. So no unreported Snacks. I didn't go thru this surgery to lie to myself.

So, how do you fix or reboot metabolism?

I too am frustrated and will be getting my 4 th fill. 6 months out and I am just maintaining. I am walking 5 nights a week. I have cut almost everything out and even do small Protein for Breakfast, veggies for lunch and protein for dinner. No bread, carbs nor carbonated sodas of any kind. When I told my surgeon Im working out he said with this surgery its not necessary. Making me feel even more like a failure.

I don't want to go out or be seen since I am 6 months out and only 27 down. I finally took a stand last month and told him I am paying $1000's to lose weight and I really need this to work.

2 weeks post-op (no fills yet) and I see and feel no difference? Following all Dr.'s instructions and no changes. I keep reading on here all the people who lost all this initial weight, even before they had a fill. Am I expecting to much or am I doing something wrong? I lost in the beginning with the pre-op diets and I have lost 3 inches around waist now that the swelling is down. But, NO lbs? :(

All I can say is hang in there. I was banded on 12/28/12 and my PCP is very disappointed with my weight loss. My starting pre-op weight was 267. My weight yesterday was 222. So I'm 45 pounds down. My PCP feels I should be losing 10 lbs a month. He feels I should be 65-70 lbs. down now. I'm a slow loser, always have been. My surgeon is happy with my progress and I'm happy I'm losing weight no matter how slow it is.

Due to my disability there are not a lot of exercises that I can do but I'm walking with my cane more and not using a mobility cart to get around in the stores. Hopefully the walking will help me lose a little more than a pound a week.

So don't get frustrated it will happen as long as you stick to the plan. Good luck!

What Dawalsh said...hang in there. Everyone is going to lose differently. I hit 5 weeks and plateaued. I've only today seen one pound lower and its because I've been exercising like a maniac. Keep doing your walking and low impact yoga/pilates..even if you don't see it coming off in the scale numbers you will feel a difference and your body will be healthier overall...eventually the scale will catch up with all the good work you are doing right now. Don't let this derail you!!!

Im upset! Pcp just told me if I wanted to lose 100 lbs I shouldn't have had the lapband! He said the common weight loss is 30 to 50 lbs! Which I have plateaued at 30lbs down!! I am even more determined to lose the weight with this Tool! His words made me cry in my car but I will over come this!

224 dec 2012

194 June 2013

You can do it. It's alot in our minds and we get stronger every day. Dr probably don't want to give us best case... We see people who have and are losing that much plus some... Good lick