Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st fill and in banster hell :(

I went for my first fill 3 days ago. I had 3cc with the surgery and they put 0.5cc more. Today I had to eat normal food and I'm so hungry! Fighting with myself don't to eat more than I should. I feel not banded at all, even before the I felt more restriction than today :( what should I do?

At this stage you just have to hang tough. It usually takes several fills to reach your green zone. Remember, this is not a sprint, it's a marathon that is going to take the rest of your life - and your life will be longer, happier and healthier because of your commitment to this journey.

I've had two fills and have a third fill scheduled today. It seems like most people don't start getting much help from the band until they hit about 6 to 7 CC. I've even read some have gone as high as 10 CC before getting any help from the band.

I'm just over 4 CC and still have the same appetite as pre surgery. There are some excellent posts about this on the boards if you feel like digging.

Hang in there!

Oh, that 0.5 CC fill they gave you seems a bit off to me. I don't understand why they even bothered with such a small fill when you have so little in your band to start. That kind of fill seems to not happen until you are nearly in the green zone. Strange...

I had 2 cc at surgery and got 2cc 6 weeks later. Went in 6 weeks after than and PA would not fill due to a plane trip I had scheduled. Glad we did not fill. I tightened on the flight and spent next day and half on liquid before I could get down any solid food. Have fill coming in 2 days and really glad as I am having some issues with eating more than I need. Green zone can't come too soon, but I am not really hungry. Eat a lot of sugar free popsicles to satisfy any hunger.

Thank you everybody! I change my app for my next fill from July 31st to July 3rd. If they have something available before they are going to call me, I really need a new fill, probably a bigger one. Until then, I'll try to hang in there! Really hard though.

I don't understand why you are in such a hurry to get filled up, you are barely a month out and you are still healing....