Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First I am :( that I have let myself go :angry: to the point I need to :unsure: ask for help! I am about over THAT emotion ansd excited there is a bicylce to help me along my journey. The bicycle is how my Dr. referred to the LB...it just kind of helps ease you long. I was SUPER nervous having my pre-op done on Tuesday; however days after I find myself almost :wub: :D GIDDY and excited about the new me!

Thrilled this website is out here for us all to greet and hold each others hand along this journey. I would love to meet new friends along the way. Any tips you have please feel free to share. :)

Hi! Welcome. I am new here too and scheduled for surgery June 21st. I have a ton of emtions I cycle through from nevous, anxiety, fear and excitement so I know how you feel!

I think we all have shared in those same emotions. You will find as you progress into this, you will discover a few more. I call them LB phases. Don't be surprised that the night before surgery you cry and think, want in the world I'm I getting myself into and maybe I can loose the weight by myself.

Isn't great to know, you're not alone and this is all normal?

As long as you have educated yourself and know what you're getting into, you'll do great.

Have you tried different shakes, see which brand you like best? Got your sf Jello, broth, sf popsicles ready?

Take Chapstick to surgery center with you. After surgery you wake up with really dry lips.

Heating pad? SF flavored drinks?

Pillow for ride home, seatbelt can rub against your incisions.

Best of luck!

all great suggestions.. you will have some down days but you can get though it.. big important thing.. do not get constipated (tmi) but make sure you have milk of mag or something on hand for that.. sip , sip, sip. then move around the house as much as you can.. in between moving, rest... take pain meds if you need them... after about a week you will start to feel normal... take care and good luck...

Congratulations on having the band. I did not find this site until after I got it. I don't know if knowing less was worse or better. I did learn from going to support groups monthly for about 8 months before the surgery and I still go every month. This Thursday a hospital chef is doing a tasting of 3-4 recipes with the dietitian's help. My doctor and dietitian were great with information.

I hear you! The week before my surgery and night before, I was second guessing my decision. It's hard to change. But I did it last Monday and I'm 5 days on liquid diet. I have no regret and feel happier knowing I will feel better about me soon. The gas pains are prob the worst ... But I'm new too so we will see! Good luck. If u have doubts , remind yourself what u led u to this decision

when will the pain subside???? when can I potty? hurts to move,walk, turn in bed. I have to hold my stomach and put pressure on it in order to move. walking circles inside the house.. Hopefully, I will look back and consider this a piece of cake but right now I am second guessing my surgery. 5th day on liquids and I am very weak. Any tips would be appreciated. than you friends!!!!xo

Awww welcome! I'm in the same emotional boat as you! As for the questions about post-op... I'm not as knowledgeable in because my surgery is a few weeks out... but with all the reading I do know it gets better! I'm excited for you, I'm excited for all of us! It is a huge step and I'm always greatful that we hae eachother to talk to and ask about tips!! Hope all the best for you and hope ou start feeling better!!!!

It is an emotional roller coaster, but it does get better.... Promise!

Keep walking and sipping! This stage will soon be history!

Thank you Grammy. Right now I am on the downside of the whole process!!!!

when will the pain subside???? when can I potty? hurts to move,walk, turn in bed. I have to hold my stomach and put pressure on it in order to move. walking circles inside the house.. Hopefully, I will look back and consider this a piece of cake but right now I am second guessing my surgery. 5th day on liquids and I am very weak. Any tips would be appreciated. than you friends!!!!xo

I had surgery 5 days ago and I am not feeling too terrible. Sore, for sure but the gas pains are gone now. I still have pain in my port and area and from what I read/heard, that can continue for weeks while it heals. Walking was a HUGE help for me and of course the liquid lortab. Stay hydrated and starting filling up on Protein once you are allowed to have Protein drinks!

Hi good luck to you! I had surgery June 3rd. Gas was the worst part for first week. Second week I had pms so the back pain was killing me but last week was feeling better gas wise but

Hi good luck to you. I had surg 6/3/13. I'm in my fourth week. 1st two days were the worst, tired and terrible gas pains in my shoulders/ chest... Started taking care of my baby on 3rd day, I was sore but I did it. Second week back to work, desk work at home. I was emotional 2nd week but I was no longer on my pain meds and got pms bad! So makes sense. Last week I felt pretty normal. I started walking at gym week 2... And it helped a lot. I suck at going to gym but on my 3rd week. I do my 30 min and go. I got 1st fill last week and now that gas is better, I'm hungry. I was down 21lbs in 3rd week! Go ladies! Reading these are so motivating!

Good luck to you. It will get better. I hardly remember my immediate post-op days but I made it through and so will you!

Thank you Newbie! You are so right! I am already happy happy...just ONE more and I'll be ALL GOOD! ;)