Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

#^%! iPad again...

Michelle...how did your son's appointment go? So good to know that you are making good progress with reaching your goal...and enjoying life!

Dee, I hope all is well at home now. How is your husband doing with his new diet?

I hope all is well...

Janet, I admire your fortitude...surgery is so soon! You must feel beyond ready for your mobility to return. As Brian Williams shared ( he just had knee replacement surgery), his physician told him he would know when it was time to have the surgery done. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers!

Diane, long time since "seeing" you around. I also hope that all is going reasonably well, and that the rest of the family is helping.

Dawn...I enjoyed your pictures! You are looking wonderful...I hope you are feeling as good as you look!

I hope that I will have some answers tomorrow...will keep you all posted...wish me well.

Sweet dreams...we are so blessed to have each other...

So sorry you're not feeling up to par, Terri. Stay hydrated my friend.

Prayers with you Carole. I really hope your Dr can figure something out.

I'm taking how fast it was to get an appt and then get scheduled for surgery, is a sign from God. I always tell ppl "if its meant to be, it will happen with little effort". Hopefully recovery will go smoothly too.

We'll be here for you Janet!

Carole... good luck with the doctors!

Michelle... keep up your good work!

Doreen... how is Charlie doing now? Does his work give him time off?

Diane... I think about you daily. Miss you my friend.

Dawn.... Sorry... tell me again what the move plan is? Will you and Brad be tying the knot? Will you change your name? Inquiring Minds!!!

Love to all, feeling some better today. Last two meals did not dump out! TMI!

Good Afternoon All...

Janet, I also believe in "messages from God". It has happened far too many times during my lifetime to not believe that we are directed at times of major decisions or making life changing decisions. Keeping you in my prayers always...

Terri...good to read that you are starting to feel better! I hate being under the weather...we just don't have time for that!

I hope everyone else is doing well...:)

So, the news is not very encouraging.

Jack and I met with the surgeon today, and I am scheduled for another barium swallow exam in the morning. The surgeon, who told all of us at the information seminar that he is not in the business of "removing bands", spoke to us about just that. He wants to "examine the images with his own eyes", and then will decide if my band needs to be removed.

I'm fairly certain that is what will play out, as a very minor esophageal dilation was detected in the study done in NC. But the surgeon there said that it was so minor that it was his medical opinion that I should not be concerned about it and would never become an issue for me. Yet another example of the differences in medical opinions between physicians.

We may need to extend our stay in Florida if I am advised to have surgery. It's all up in the air right now.

But I still cannot/ will not "slam the band" for my body's apparent inability to tolerate it's presence. I asked what I may have done to precipitate this situation, and the surgeon assured me that I did nothing wrong. It sometimes happens that the band is not compatible. He believes that there is still a distinct possibility that the band has slipped. And if so, the post op results of repositioning a band are not too favorable.

So, please keep good thoughts for me...I'll keep you all posted.

Hugs...

So' date=' the news is not very encouraging.

Jack and I met with the surgeon today, and I am scheduled for another barium swallow exam in the morning. The surgeon, who told all of us at the information seminar that he is not in the business of "removing bands", spoke to us about just that. He wants to "examine the images with his own eyes", and then will decide if my band needs to be removed.

I'm fairly certain that is what will play out, as a very minor esophageal dilation was detected in the study done in NC. But the surgeon there said that it was so minor that it was his medical opinion that I should not be concerned about it and would never become an issue for me. Yet another example of the differences in medical opinions between physicians.

We may need to extend our stay in Florida if I am advised to have surgery. It's all up in the air right now.

But I still cannot/ will not "slam the band" for my body's apparent inability to tolerate it's presence. I asked what I may have done to precipitate this situation, and the surgeon assured me that I did nothing wrong. It sometimes happens that the band is not compatible. He believes that there is still a distinct possibility that the band has slipped. And if so, the post op results of repositioning a band are not too favorable.

So, please keep good thoughts for me...I'll keep you all posted.

Hugs...

[/quote']

Not good news at all! Hugs!

I'm sorry Carole and hope the news comes out favorable (holding hope). If there is one thing you know, you are a very strong woman and whatever comes your way you will get through it. I saw a quote on FB that I really liked:

On particulary rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through the bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Big hug to you, my friend!

Terri - hope you are feeling better today as well!

I'm sorry Carole and hope the news comes out favorable (holding hope). If there is one thing you know, you are a very strong woman and whatever comes your way you will get through it. I saw a quote on FB that I really liked:

On particulary rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through the bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Big hug to you, my friend!

Terri - hope you are feeling better today as well!

Thank you Dawn...I love the quote! And it is true, I have come through worse than this, and I'm still standing...

closet1.bmpGroup hug for Carole... Definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Terri, glad you had two meals stick around and are feeling a little better.

Cyber D, I too am interested in your future plans with your honey?

I need to know if I should get a "c mother of the bride dress"????

Shrinky Dink, you are so close to goal. So proud of you!

Hey, when I get my new knee's will I be taller? If so, my bmi would be better.lol

My quilt was sent to the long arm quilter today, yeah!

post-340859-13813142183732_thumb.jpg

I love the quilt C Mom! Make sure when you get the C Mother of the Bride dress that you get one that shows off those new sexy knees you are gonna have. I have pasted a video for you to get practicing your new knee moves so you can dance it out at my wedding..

Well, it's another night in the hood here. Ugh. I forgot I had Kohl's cash that was going to expire today so I did a late run to Kohl's. I come home to 4 squad cars blocking my street. I heard the cop coming down the street asking "who's Milo's mother" (they were arresting him). He is the boy that lives across the street from me... It actually saddens me. This boy is a year older than Audrey. He was a star athlete on the football team and an honor roll student up until his senior year.

To my sexier twin, I hope things are going well with your son and I hope you are still doing well. Hope your daughter is doing well too. One thing I always see in the pictures you share is a huge smile. Your smile radiates and you seem to have such a glow about you through this journey. :)

Love love LOVE the quilt! It's beautiful!

Things are going good here. Got a fill on Monday. Feels good to synch up!! Heehee

A business opportunity just opened up to partner and merge with a large firm that would triple my salary so I'm holding my breath right now. My boss/ partner and I met on Tuesday with these guys and they were super impressed and throwing ideas/offers at me like crazy so we will just have to see how it goes. Needless to say I'm excited. If it doesn't go to port I still will purchase the firm and have a great opportunity.

I have to say that lapband has changed my life. I would have never had the confidence to walk in to a meeting with a managing partner of a $17M firm and sell myself and my vision to them had I been wearing another 80 lbs.

I'm finally not afraid to be me and it feels damn good!

Soooooo, thank you all for walking me through this and cheering me on. It means the world to me. Xxoo

Hi all...

So, my band and I will not have to,part ways, at least for the time being. This morning, the PAC, at the instruction of the surgeon took a series of pictures of the fluoroscopy at different stages. The surgeon agreed that the info from the NC surgeon was accurate. He wants me to continue with the evening routine I have devised to keep me from throwing up while asleep as it seems to be working. In his words, mine was a "perfect study with no sign of reflux and a very slight dilation in the esophagus by the band."

He wanted me to return in 4 weeks to begin to refill my band, which to be honest I am scared to do. I have managed to lose on average 2 pounds a month, even with the nearly 4 weeks I could not exercise because of my sprained foot, with a totally empty band. That does place more responsibility on me to manage my hunger, however I feel I have learned to do that adequately since my band was placed.

So, all in all, a best case scenario outcome for which I am most grateful for. And I am also deeply appreciative of all your kind words of support through this latest episode of my ongoing "band drama".

The power of prayer and emotional support is awesome...there are no words adequate to truly express my feelings to you all...

So, for now, onward. Slow, but steady...Life is very good!

BTW Janet...loved the quilt!

Michelle...kudos for your new found confidence with your weight loss!

Dawn...definitely keep us posted on progress with your move and wedding. I am so anxious for you to safely get yourself out of the "hood".

Terri...I hope you are continuing to feel good.

Diane, I pray all is stable and going well with life and stress level...remember to take good care of you!

Dee, I hope that life and family are going well...keep us posted!

I am blessed and proud to have you all for friends...<3