Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When your your not branded you don't know the struggles to eat healthy I made a version of mac& cheese wheat macaroni slim milk fat free cheese It was the worse I've every had and to make me feel more like a failure my husband yelled at me. He said I shouldn't have tried to make something new. I feel I should have how will I change

Sorry no disrespect but Whatever! To your hubby. Yes we have to change the way we eat.. to be healthier.to not get stuck an to absolutely not be where we all started.

Besides he doesn't have to eat it. Keep experimenting you'll find something you'll like. :)

Yes i agree. Keep experimenting. There are a lot of recipes here on this forum you might want to take a look at. It is a learning experience for all of us and same old food day in and day out gets boring.

When your your not branded you don't know the struggles to eat healthy I made a version of mac& cheese wheat macaroni slim milk fat free cheese It was the worse I've every had and to make me feel more like a failure my husband yelled at me. He said I shouldn't have tried to make something new. I feel I should have how will I change

Wow yelled?! That is not supportive at all and I'm sorry your going through that. Yes we definitely have to change what and how we eat otherwise we will be right where we started and will continue to be the same right?! I admire you for experimenting and TRYING. Keep it up and tell him if he doesn't like it, get his own food... Sorry I'm kinda cut throat with crappy attitudes like that but good luck I hope he will be more supportive and helpful.

Phhhht! (that's a raspberry!) on your husband! Shame on him! Has he never tried anything new and had it not turn out as expected? Hey at least you're trying to take old favorites and remake them into something that's better for you. If you get the Cooking Channel and haven't already, take a look at Bobby Deen's show, "Not My Mama's Meals". He takes her favorites and remakes them so they are healthier. If you're truly going to make lasting changes you are going to have to learn to cook differently and we all know that involves trial and error. Heck, haven't you ever had a dish that you have made over and over not turn out for some reason? It happens to all of us. Just keep something quick to prepare for him around if he won't eat the failures. I don't even worry about what my husband is going to have for dinner. I always have enough if he wants what I make (and I'm a good cook, didn't develop the need for a band by eating terrible tasting food :rolleyes: ), but if not, he's a big boy and can fend for himself! For some reason he chooses to eat fast food (he's a McDonald's junkie) and frozen dinners, but he's weird! BTW if you do an internet search on healthy recipes, lapband recipes, etc., you can get some good ideas for new menu items and substitutions for ingredients.

Carry on and keep plugging away!

Hi adugan, don't get discouraged. Mac and cheese is difficult to make healthy, more so because the reduced feast cheeseris not the best for melting.

However, its going to be an experiment for you and your husbands can either eat what you fix or start cooking for himself.

Something that may help is making your cheese sauce a roux so that the cheese melts smoother. And you will need a little fat in it so instead of all low fat cheese try a blend of half ref and half low fat.

I'm sorry sweetie :( I remember you were banded the same day than me! So maybe just go with the normal Mac and cheese but 1/2 cup and some salad and balance the calories the rest of the day. But don't feel bad! I was all over Pinterest when that site started and I totally "nailed" it lol. It took me a looooooot of experimentation to get things right and really, don't feel discourage, keep experimenting, if it doesn't work go with the normal but little and you will see that in no time you will start finding and making cool things to eat!

Well thanks for all the support he must of heard you guys or just felt bad lol. He apologized for being a jerk. He made some mini ears of corn to replace the mac & cheese I was about to go on wife strike. I going to keep at it till I get it right or just use Portion Control :)

hungry girl has a decent version.. with laughing cow cheese i have made it.. as for the Pasta wheat stinks.. the purple box with the Fiber is the best out of all of them.. my opinion and helps keep u fuller longer.. also try skinnytaste.com her mac n cheese is delish to.. glad he apologized.. i would have given a piece of my mind and then the silent treatment if someone did that to me

Well thanks for all the support he must of heard you guys or just felt bad lol. He apologized for being a jerk. He made some mini ears of corn to replace the mac & cheese I was about to go on wife strike. I going to keep at it till I get it right or just use Portion Control :)

Glad he apologized. Look up some lap band cookbooks they have some awesome recipes and you can't get them cheap on Amazon

Glad he felt bad for yelling...my hubby tried yelling at me once over a jacked up version of red mac salad that I made...he can no longer wear that favorite shirt of his! Yep threw the bowl straight across the room...lol...I promote non violence guys...wink...

I suspect its NOT the Mac and cheese he was yelling about. Its the frustrations and the changes happening in front of his eyes because his wife is taking care of herself and that alone scares a man to death. My husband admitted to that. He never screamed at me or anything like that but in a conversation we had at the therapist, it was acknowledged that men will need a little more reassurance from their wives that they are not going anywhere because they will loose weight. I have no problem in reassuring my hubby as I am sure if the roles were reversed, I would feel the uneasiness also if the roles were reversed. He's going through changes also, just remember that and be supportive of each other. That is how I feel so that is my opinion only. :)