Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you feel restriction prior to your first fill?

Once my swelling went down, there was no restriction even after the first fill. Could eat all I wanted as fast as I wanted.

The second fill has changed things a bit, but restriction is minimal. I do feel there is a slight decrease in appetitite and I have to slow down a tad on eating. Getting a 3rd fill in a few days. Can't wait.

I wonder if this will be my case. I am having surgery on Friday and the doc fills the band with 4cc during surgery.

They did the same thing with my band and put in either 3cc or 4cc 'priming fluid' as my doc put it. I'm just over 14cc in my 14cc band and I still have 'loose' days where I can eat a cheeseburger with the bun.

I felt it up until I started solids which was around 2 weeks ago - once I was no longer sore at all, it was as if the surgery never happened - I could eat anything without problem and as much of it as I wanted!

I got my first fill this past Monday at 4.5 ccs out of 14 and so far so good :)

I had some restriction with the empty band alone. I feel I have about the same restriction now with a 4cc fill in a 10cc band. That said, 80% of my restriction is done mentally :) , but the band makes the remaining 20% easier for me. The band has significantly dimmed my appetite so that makes making appropriate choices easier.

I'm two weeks post-op as of yesterday. I haven't had any issues with getting food down but I only have about 0.5-1cc of Fluid in my 10cc band. I do feel a little restriction when I took a big bit of a boiled egg and I got that stuck feeling. Felt a little bit of pressure and burped and a little bit of it came up. It all comes down to taking to big of a bite and eating to fast. Def a learning experience for me and a lesson to not eat fast again!

I have my first fill on July 1st and I'm not sure how much Fluid I'm going to get but I'm sure it will be in 1-2cc increments. What I have done since the after surgery was portioned my foods in 1/2 cup containers. It has helped me a lot and preparing myself after I get back onto normal foods!

-Amine

If you got stuck that easy, you may want to hold off on a fill.

Once my swelling went down' date=' there was no restriction even after the first fill. Could eat all I wanted as fast as I wanted.

The second fill has changed things a bit, but restriction is minimal. I do feel there is a slight decrease in appetitite and I have to slow down a tad on eating. Getting a 3rd fill in a few days. Can't wait.[/quote']

Don't get fills just to get fills! This is not a race. Not everyone needs multiple fills. You may be one of the lucky ones. I was.

I read it was productive burping. Not sure what its all about. I don't have good burps anymore if that's it