Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking of my options

I want this weight to fly off me like yesterday. I know that's not going to happen but I 3 weeks out. I need to make a decision about exercise I felled so many time at the gym. My question is do I give it one more try or buy the insanity video and hip hop abs do a little walking and work it out that way. I need thinner thighs lol ;)

Have you been cleared by your surgeon to start exercising yet? You are only three weeks out, right?

The gym doesn't have to be awful , try a class , Zumba, spin , Pilates you never know what you enjoy until you try it out

Can u please send it to me as well?

Will do.

I'm thinking of my options as well. I feel if we only have 100lbs or less to lose we can do this without surgery if we are decipline. I believe we want to see a quick fix when in reality we didn't gain it quick. I want to have surgery but I'm so scared of the what if's...so I'm trying to think of my options and what I can do little by little. I'm a two week person stick to it for as little as two weeks if I see no visible results..well you know the rest. But I'll say start off small little changes here and there.???Š

First off, I'm disabled and walk with a cane due to equilibrium problems I suffered from two strokes way back in 1980, so I can't do the gym safely but I do walk and plan on swimming once I renew my Y membership. I wish I could do Zumba and all that.

I have Non Surgical Victories however. I am now able to walk Sam's and Walmart without the use of a mobility cart. The fact that I'm walking holding onto a shopping cart is huge for me. I have not been able to do that for over 20 yrs. So it is exercise as far as I'm concerned. I am inclined to believe that swimming and walking are great forms of exercise without having to join a gym. Any exercise is good though.

Anything u do will be great so it's just a matter of what u want to do. Maybe u should start off with things at home until your ready to try the gym. I have a gym membership but rarely go, I love riding my bike, walking my dog and I play just dance on my ps3 but I also like workout DVDs too. Just get moving :)

Determine if you are like group workouts or doing something solo. Definitely explore your free options... And meetup.com has great fitness groups that are local to your area as well.

Bonus tip.. Check out living social and Groupon for offers from local gyms, Bootcamp and personal trainers. You can get some great deals to kick start your program.

In the beginning (for me) there was a thin line when came to exercise. If I did too much, it would spike my hunger and then I would want to eat way more than I burned.so I choose to keep a lower calorie count and less exercise.

So in the beginning, I would exercise about 15 mins every day just to establish a routine. I varied my routine from walking, elliptical, tread mill, weight lifting, resistant bands, Pilates, yoga, and good old sit-ups,jumping jacks and jumping rope. This worked for me. I probably lost half my weight doing it this way. When the scale stopped I had to sham things up.

By this time I was under 200 pounds and could exercise with out all the pain and discomfort I had at 236 pounds. Here I made a commitment to myself that I could do anything to get the last 40 pounds off and the harder I worked the quicker I would get there. So the new plan was intense! I made the gym a daily thing! I did this because when I told myself I would 3 times a week, something always "came up " on at least one of those days. This way there was no tricking myself into not going. I worked out about an hour and a half everyday and would burn about 900 calories. But the key was I would only add an extra 400 calories a day to my diet. The weight fell off. It took a out 2 and a half months of this to be within goal range. I then entered the "what can I do for the rest of my life " stage

I hate exercise so there was no way I could keep this routine up forever. I needed to figure out what level. Would work for me.

In January of 2013 (10 months post-op) I met my goal of 160pounds! Since then I realize my pcos will keep me from ever being able to eat a normal calorie intake. But I have excepted that. The band helps me feel full most of the time. But the weight is off and I find maintaining just a part of life and requires no thought anymore.

Nowadays I by base daily calorie intake (if I don't go to the gym) is 850. Anything more and I will gain. Each day I go to the gym I burn about 700 calories so that's about 100 calories a day extra if I were to spread it out. So if I go to the gym once a week I get 950 a day, two time a week, 1050 a day, three times a week 1150 calories a day. It's just that simple. I don't like the numbers but they are what they are and I have learn to live with them.

I'm now in my final phase of fixing the physical damage I did to my body by removing the sagging skin. I have had abdominalplasty about 10 days ago and I'm having a breast reduction/lift tomorrow morning. Hope then I can put this behind me and just live!

Ps: I'm 153 pounds now and about 3 pounds away from a normal bmi. My doctor told me I still about 10 pounds of skin on my backside and that a shouldn't loose anymore weight. Isn't that a switch!!! A doctor telling me to STOP loosing weight! Never thought those words would told to me.

Good luck!