Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery may 10th,n just recently started solid foods,and am watching what I eat,but has anyone had problems with Constipation? I was going regularly when on liquid diet, but since I started solids,I noticed a difference

I had surgery may 10th' date='n just recently started solid foods,and am watching what I eat,but has anyone had problems with Constipation? I was going regularly when on liquid diet,but since I started solids,I noticed a difference[/quote']

I had the same and it's what happens when you start regular foods after liquid. Get some Miralax it mixes well and helps a lot. :) Congrats on your journey

Ok ill try that' date='thanks for the info,I appreciate your help.[/quote']

Also if by chance your still taking pain meds that can also increase Constipation. It gets better I promise :)

Make sure u r getting enough Water as well. Youre eating less so u will go less but u need water to help that process. Hope that helps a bit;)

I am over 2 years out and have trouble with Constipation off and on. The Miralax helps but you must take it consistantly, do drink plenty of Water. We can not eat enough fiber to help us, I tried fiber tabs but they give me gas and it is worse than the constipation. I have had two really bad episodes over the past two years and had to resort to something stronger at the advice of my WLS. I try to add some fat to my diet occassionaly to help also. I guess eating healthy has it;s draw backs also. Good luck to you.

If your still constipated after trying the Miralax then I would suggest Magnesium Citrate. It comes in a liquid form and in a couple different flavors there is also unflavored. I think you can mix them in with juice or something, you also can take as little or as much as you need. After you get cleared out if you still have problems then you could go on stool softeners. But as always I'm not a Dr. so you might want to just make sure it's OK with your Doc. I'm on pain medicine that causes Constipation so I deal with this all the time.

~~~Stephanie

I use magnesium citrate capsules, opened up, put in my mouth drink Water to wash down. They work real quickly. They tickle the cilia to help with bm. They are the best and most natural way to have a daily bm for me. Best wishes what ever helps. By the way, I have had my lapband for almost 4 years and still have trouble with Constipation. Karen

My doctor told me to take Colace. She said it helps get Water to the bowels. It is not a laxative so its safe to take everyday. This is what I have to use and works great.

I read a post that said take full doses of Miralax until you have a BM. From then on take a half a dose daily for prevention. I think I'll try that too because I'm having the same problem.

This is very normal for get on something that works for you I use milk of magniusm which works very well but now (8 mos out) I take a stool softener/laxative daily.

September 2005 I had lapband surgery performed by Richard Carter in Arlington Tx. Great job, painless journey to approval and actual surgery was about 6 months. No complications. Height 5' 3", 265 lbs starting stats.

April 2013 experiencing issues with the ability to swallow and reflux. Current weight is 197 lbs. my current physician is Sina Matin, Baylor Grapevine. First visit was on 5/14, with an upper GI done on 5/20 (with contrast and a tablet). The results show that the tablet got stuck and that the contrast remained in the esophagus. 5/24, doctor Matin communicated results of the MRI indicating that I have esophagus damage caused by the lapband. He asked me to come to the office on 5/29, for a complete emptying of my band. He has requested certification from insurance to remove the band due to complications and damage to my esophagus.

I'm fearful to be without my band.