Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lipo on waist and thighs - finishing what I started

I am pretty happy with my current weight. But I have been thinner - my BMI at one stage was around 21. Even at that weight, I had uneven-ness in my waist. I have pockets of fat just above my body lift scar which looks like a permenant little muffin top. At my current weight it's barely noticeable with clothes on, but when I gained a bit, it became more obvious (proof is in the pic below from when I was jusy 8lbs heavier). It also means that I currently can't wear anything but low rise pants because I have a 'faux' waist on my hips (where the body lift scar 'dips' into my body)

I also am interested in seeing if I can get any improvement for my inner thighs, which remained heavy at the very top even at a BMI of 21. This is less important though.

My body lift surgeon suggested 'finishing' off with Lipo after my body lift 4 years ago but I never really got round to it. But now I would like to finally get my body shaped correctly so I don't look lumpy in weird spots.

Which now leads me to my questions:

Who here has had lipo to their waist or love handles? Was it day surgery? Did you do it under general or twilight sedation? What is the down-time like? And roughly what did it cost?

med_gallery_242962_11598_102071.jpg

I would say that you are crazy because you look fabulous. But you are your body's keep and if your not happy. Do what you have too to make you happy. I didn't have Lipo after but did have it during my tt. I would love too get my thighs done too.

I would love to have a TT, breast lift, Lipo etc and have the "perfect" body. Sadly for me it isn't going to happen. I can't afford it and even if I could probably couldn't justify spending all that money. Luckily I look fine with clothes on.

Besides if I had the perfect body it might make my hubby feel less comfortable, I can't make him feel inadequate!

Good luck with what you get done

Lol elcee. I do think I'm being vain because with clothes on I look just fine. But I hate that my pants slip down to my hips because of the bulge just above my body lift incision. I've had a body lift and a breast augmentation but I just sold an investment and made a little bit so thought, what can I do for *me*? Paying some money off the mortgage and doing stuff around the house is fine but I wanted to do something I wouldn't normally be able to afford to do. :P

I spoke to a surgeon today and he mentioned a few areas that he would suggest Lipo on - those love-handles, my inner thighs and my upper back (on my bra line) because that's where I seem to have stubborn deposits of fat. And he said the recovery is no worse for one area than 3 areas so if I want to do it, I should consider doing it all in one hit.

But omg I didn't think I needed it in so many places so now I'm hesitating. I thought love-handles and that's it. But the difference in price between love-handles and adding the thighs and upper back works out to be just 50% more all up.

AND he can get me in on the 13th of June so now I'm panicking!! I only just had band replacement surgery and I'm thinking that 13th of June is too soon!

I say if you can afford to have it done.... do it. Hell maybe i can go there and we can do a by one get on .... lol just joking.

since the tt 1 and 3 months ago i put on 10lb...and i can surly see it. I hate the fat pockets at the top of my inner thighs. and the roll just under the boobs. But i know i need to get my ass back in the gym and "get-r-done"....

I am pretty happy with my current weight. But I have been thinner - my BMI at one stage was around 21. Even at that weight' date=' I had uneven-ness in my waist. I have pockets of fat just above my body lift scar which looks like a permenant little muffin top. At my current weight it's barely noticeable with clothes on, but when I gained a bit, it became more obvious (proof is in the pic below from when I was jusy 8lbs heavier). It also means that I currently can't wear anything but low rise pants because I have a 'faux' waist on my hips (where the body lift scar 'dips' into my body)

I also am interested in seeing if I can get any improvement for my inner thighs, which remained heavy at the very top even at a BMI of 21. This is less important though.

My body lift surgeon suggested 'finishing' off with Lipo after my body lift 4 years ago but I never really got round to it. But now I would like to finally get my body shaped correctly so I don't look lumpy in weird spots.

Which now leads me to my questions:

Who here has had lipo to their waist or love handles? Was it day surgery? Did you do it under general or twilight sedation? What is the down-time like? And roughly what did it cost?

[/quote']

I am having lipo of my inner thighs tomorrow. My surgeon explained that it is generally an outpatient procedure that they can do under local anesthesia. I am having it done right in my surgeons office - in his procedure room. He will anesthetize the area with a lidocaine mixture and the incisions are tiny (approximately a cm). He told me that the lidocaine solution is generally the worst part and that recovery is a few days. Ill be sore, bruised and swollen for a few weeks and have to wear compression garments for three weeks. I'll let you all know about recovery in a few days.

I look forward to hearing about it!

Spoke to my surgeon again and he is going to do Vaser Lipo so I've been doing some research on it. It looks like there's less downtime for it. He also said I could do it on a Thursday and all going well, will be back at work on the Monday. I hope so! I've taken so much time off work recently they're starting to wonder if I actually work there.

I also spoke to my man and he's said that he's not keen for me to do it so soon after my band replacement surgery, especially since that knocked me around a LOT and I've still got tenderness and swelling at my port area. So I'm going to schedule the lipo for August I think. At this point, I'll probably do all three areas.

I'm still a bit shell shocked that I'm spending that money on something that really is a vanity thing, but strangely enough I didn't think twice about doing it for my breast augmentation, but I think that maybe that was such instant gratification!

The other weird thing I'm worried about is having to have an unfill (no one's mentioned it and I don't want to) because after 18 months I'm finally seeing the possibility of getting back to the green zone and I don't want to go backwards!

I think that if you aren't happy with the way your body is, and if you can afford it, I don't see why not go for it, you certainly shouldn't need an unfill for this procedure, only a full operation and anaesthetic would require that. Just be aware that after you get all of these bits done you will look in the mirror and start concentrating on another part of you that isn't quite right in your eyes, I know after all my surgery I started looking at other bits of me, till my surgeon told me off lol, she said its all too common to do this and just be aware that its something that we need to put a stop on once we are fully healed and just get on with our lives. I have no waistline at all, its not a muffin top just no waist, my hips are fine but my back could do with Lipo too but I have to stop somewhere so this is it, I will live with what I have and be happy that I was able to get as much done as I have .. I know u been through a lot, just think of this operation as the icing on the cake !

Aww Cazzy thanks hun you are awesome. I think what you said about never being happy was the reason I didn't go back for Lipo all those years ago. I thought, I look great for my age, I should be happy. And even now it feels like vanity.

But you know what? I remember someone once asking me how I could justify the amount of money I spent on WLS and then my body lift and BA and I said to them "People spend that much on a car, and they only drive it for a few hours a day. I drive this body 24/7, why wouldn't I spend more on it than a car?"

So I'm doing it. My surgeon has had a fair amount of experience with banded patients so I'm just going to come out and ask him when he thinks I'll be ready to do it.

I love my body lift, I love my BA and if this is one more thing to love, than it'll be worth it.

And I know there will be other things I don't like, but at least there will be less of them! :P

PS appointment tomorrow! Is it bad that I'm leaning towards trying to get it done asap? I just want it all out of the way.

This year alone, I broke my tailbone, then the week that stopped hurting, I broke my foot, then just as that healed, I had my band replacement. I would like to get this done and over with so I can get on with healing and actually have some sort of a life in the 2nd half of the year!

If you are ready to get it done, then do it ! The only person who knows if you are ready for this is you :) Sounds like you have a lot of resilience which means u are half way there to recovery already ...good luck and keep us posted

Well I'm booked in for the 8th July for those three areas. He thinks I won't ever have a wasp waist but he can make it look a little more 'athletic'. I originally booked it for the 13th June but my boyfriend really wasn't happy about me doing it so soon after band replacement so I pushed it back a few weeks.

I'm a week away from my Lipo surgery now, and I'm getting nervous about the recovery. I need to be back at work within a few days (just starting with a new client) and I'm worried I won't be fit to do that.

Aside from that, I'm excited! Looked at myself in the mirror today and I honestly think if I get some definition in my waist and my thighs were shaved just a little, my 43 years old body is going to look as good as it's ever going to get. And probably better than it ever has been in my whole life too! :) How can I not be happy about that?

I'm 2 days post op now and swollen but HAPPY with the result. For the first time ever about 30 mins before my surgery I had a massive panic attack and wondered what the hell I was doing but they walked in, got me in my gown and I didn't really have time to protest!

Now though, I'm so glad I went through it. It hasn't been nearly as painful as any of my other surgeries, in fact I haven't had one painkiller yet! Just feel like I fell off a bike - kinda bruised all over.

And most importantly, I now have that waist I was so longing for. I know it sounds silly, having lost so much weight and looking "alright" by most standards, but I've never had a waist, ever. I have lost weight to the point of being too thin trying to get a waist but all I got was a flat butt and small hips and I looked like a boy (with boobs). I always wanted the hourglass figure, and the Lipo has given me a little bit of that now, and I instantly feel more womanly as a result.

For that alone I am glad I did this. Thank you to all of my great friends who encouraged me along here too. I really appreciate it, how much you'll never know!

sml_gallery_242962_11598_102071.jpgsml_gallery_242962_2457_1944088.jpg

What do you need to do to get Lipo? What kind of doctor would i see to get it done? I had the Lapband oct 2012 and i have lost 56 pounds. My goal weight is 140. Should i weight to get to my goal weight before lipo? Also is it expensive. By the way you're gorgeous wit your weight loss.