Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 2 years out from surgery

Hi, I haven't been around in a while, and haven't lost any weight in a while either. Hmmm.

It will be 2 years since surgery for lap band on August 16th. I have lost 75 pounds. My goal is to lose 20 more. But I haven't lost anything in the past 6 months. I am getting very discouraged. I run 3-4 times a week. I try to eat well although I will admit I do occasionally eat the wrong things. I do count my calories And I never go crazy over.

My question is, I have been seeing my Dr. Every 3 months. I have an appt. tomorrow. I have been getting a fill at just about every visit. I embarrassed that I have not lost anything, again.

Should I go ? Or reschedule the appt. and try to lose something before going back in ?

I might need a little fill, but for the most part I think I am at a good point. I do get hungry between meals. And I think that maybe my issues, the in between snacking.

I think I answered my own question. Go in hope he gives me a smell fill and then start back at the basic.

How often are others still getting fills ?

Should I be at my good spot by now ?

Thanks. These last 20 pounds are taking forever.

Terri.

I am a year out May 24th I was hoping that I would be at goal but will be a few pounds short. I am still so grateful I am still losing a little at a time (maybe a pound a month ) I think you are still not at the green zone, I would continue the fills, I think it is great that you still see your doctor every three months, I think that keeps you on track even if you are not losing what you think you should. hugs to you and keep going.

Hi Terri,

Don't feel discouraged! I was banded in March of 2012 and I haven't lost weight since last summer...I was considered low BMI and my doc said that my weight would just fall off...ha!

I haven't been for a fill for a really long time (like since last August). However, I am really tight...like cannot eat until past noon. I blame my lack of weightloss all on myself (and if I am really honest, I also blame my family...I am often roped into eating when I am not really hungry, just because the fam wants to go out to eat or wants me to cook dinner). I eat bad things and don't exercise enough. I highly doubt I will ever lose my last 20 lbs. - I just look at it this way, without the band, I would have been much worse off!

Sounds like you still haven't found your sweet spot. If I were you I would NOT skip your doctor's appointment. Just go and be very up front about what is happening. Please don't be embarassed!!! Do exactly like you said...go back to the basics!

Thank you for sharing...whenever I feel really off-course, stories like yours really help me!!

~ T

I think you should go in as well meet with the doc and nutritionist to check to see how things are going. I wouldn't get discouraged if another fill is needed, some of the Fluid can evaporate over time. Keep up the good work!

I'm 2 years out and haven't had any fills since the very beginning. I don't think another fill is going to help you with what you admit is your snacking problem. That's in your head and something you're going to have to battle (and win). Those last 20 pounds are the worst, and I'm struggling with mine. Slow and steady wins the race though. :)

I agree with lassie. Believe the fill will likely help and sounds like you never have been in the green zone. Believe most doctors have a yellow/green/red zone chart on their walls. The key thing it said to me is if you can eat anything you want as fast as you want, then you are in the yellow zone.

How is it for you? It seems like most of the successful people on these boards have to eat pretty dang slow and take small almost tiny bites. Also from watching the 8 Golden Rules, this seems to be the case.

I'm still a newbie and haven't hit the green zone either. Have a third fill scheduled in two weeks and hope it helps.

Also, congrats on the 75 pounds! And your efforts with exercise! : )

Thank you all for talking to me and helping me.

I will go tomorrow. I haven't lost but I also haven't gained. I don't know if I will get a fill or not. But I will go, to keep me on track and to help me recommit.

I want to and need to reach my goal !

Slow and steady.

:)

Thanks again !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches