Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had problems with heartburn and keeping food down due to being too tight. HAd an unfill in February and now I've gained 30lbs :/ need to get back on track. Had 4ccs out and only .3 back in. Need motivation and some new ideas! Help!

You are going to do great!

You're gonna work with your doc to get your band in the green zone so this don't happen again. Then that fat will melt off faster than a knife fight in a phone booth.

It's good you got an unfill. Being too tight is very dangerous so this is definitely in your best interest.

I would make an appointment with your nutritionist to get back on track. Let them help you establish food and calorie guidelines that work with your lifestyle. I know for me, the info I learned from my nutritionist and tracking my calories has been crucial to my weight loss success.

Best wishes.

So I had problems with heartburn and keeping food down due to being too tight. HAd an unfill in February and now I've gained 30lbs :/ need to get back on track. Had 4ccs out and only .3 back in. Need motivation and some new ideas! Help!

I know how you feel I had same problem I gained 20 PDs I'm so disgusted with my self for gaining got a doctors appt for next wk to get a fill so hopefully I can get bk on track good luck to you as well

Hi Pinky

30lbs since February sounds excessive... I had the exact same problem a year ago, had an unfill in July and gained 15lbs until Christmas and there I maintained until my recent fill in April.

I understand the difficulties, after all I'm a card carrying member of OA myself and fallen off the wagon pretty badly after the unfill. But at the end of the day, getting an unfill does not give us carte Blanche to start eating like our old selves again!

It is tough to stick to the good eating habits when running a deflated band, much-much tougher than with a properly filled one, but we must stick to it none the less - otherwise we can find ourselves back at square one....

Please, please, please DO NOT ABANDON THE GOOD EATING HABITS just because you had an unfill!!!! Tough it out! Keep in mind that you will have your band back shortly - that's the light at the end of that particular tunnel, and you can pick it up where you left it off.

Sent from my KFTT using LapBandTalk

I just wanna lose these 30 pounds again :/ this stinks!

PinkyGirl: I am having similar issues; just wondering if I had too many underlying allergy and/ or GI issues to have the lap band ?

Good luck on your journey

I just wanna lose these 30 pounds again :/ this stinks!

AND you will!!! been there done that ! :( And so have many others on this site. I'm curious as to WHY? your Doc chose to leave you unfilled for 2-3 months? Did he possibly think that you might have had a slip or pouch enlargement? I've had un fills for the same reasons but was always able to go back a month later to continue with my fills. NO WORRIES!!! get back on the BAND WAGON :P (excuse the pun) And we will ALL be here to cheer you on!!

Hi Pinky- looks like we use the same doctor. I would say get back in there ASAP so they can help you. You've got a great team there. Best wishes to you!

PinkyGirl: I am having similar issues; just wondering if I had too many underlying allergy and/ or GI issues to have the lap band ?

Good luck on your journey

Soccer Blue from the record on your post it seems like YES you have MIGHT have "OTHER ISSUES" has your doctor checked out anything?

I know in the past when I experienced reflux I was immediately given a PPI, but when it continued to happen I had endoscopy to check to see if I was having any issues like a slip, and to check the esophagus Allot of times what isn't understood is that a small fill is better than a large one, the gradual increase of saline in the band will HOPEFULLY prevent re flux tightness, etc...It might be tougher to have small fills ( you have to work harder and longer to reach Max. restriction) but I'm a believer that it's prevents issues in the long run .

Please keep us posted...

Good news! Im going back friday for a fill :) until then I must stay off the scale!

I have same issues not a good feeling:(

Soo I got a small fill and still no pounds melting away :( going back july 2nd again!

There were many reasons i got such a large unfill - mainly i couldnt keep anything down and was going to vegas for a wedding. LOL wanted to enjoy myself alil. I was getting sickly skinny and not healthy at all! His hours are horrible and i cant take off much. Early hours and no weekends of course. Time flew by too. But now it's time to get back on track :)