Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 months post op with a 38 lbs. loss since surgery. In the past month I have noticed I have a very flaky scalp in the front. My hair is very dull looking and not very shiny any more and very lack luster. I have went through an entire bottle of head and shoulders with no change so I am thinking it is not normal dandruff. My nails are like wet paper when they do grow out. I have heard people talk about taking Biotin, and I am wondering if I should start taking it also? For the ones who do take it regularly, can you tell a difference since starting it and does it sound like I should start taking it? Help, I am turning into a mess.

Biotin DOES work, and it certainly won't hurt you if you try it. I took it regularly for a period of time (before surgery), and it really helps my hair and nails.

Another product I like is BioSil. It was recommended by the nutritionist at my surgeon's office. Here is a link to it at GNC.

http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=4022428

I think Biotin totally works. I was losing my hair pretty bad after my Lap Band surgery. Anesthetic is notorious for causing temporary Hair loss. Of course, the drastic drop in calories doesn't help either.

I am very careful about getting in all my Protein and I take 5000mg of Biotin daily and it's made a world of difference. My hair came back beautifully and my nails are nice and strong again. In fact, I've had two more surgeries just in the last 6 weeks and so far I'm still not experiencing any hair loss. That's a huge accomplishment for me and I think it's because of the Biotin.

I also use Fruitese Shampoo, a line called "Fall Fight". It actually has Biotin in it. I massage the shampoo into my scalp really good and I let the conditioner sit on my hair for 2 minutes. I believe it's helped too.

Just my experience. Good luck :)

I'm only seven weeks out and i started taking 5000mcg of Biotin 3-4x a week before my surgery, and restarted two weeks after. I haven't had any Hair loss yet, but my hair is growing faster and my nails are a lot stronger. The beauty of biotin is that its Water soluable so if you take it and you're body doesn't need it, you just pee it out.