Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a plate of feeling good with a side of reality

So...I had three doctor appointments today. A mammogram first, then a visit to the lapband surgeon for a follow up visit, and then the rheumatologist to discuss the knee and hip pain. Great NSVs at the breast imaging center. I fit fine in the narrow seats in the waiting room. Last time, I had to sit on the couch...the chairs were too tight. Then was able to wrap an XL gown around myself with no issues while the last time, I had to put on two 2XL gowns, front to back, back to front, so I could cover up.

Then...off to the surgeon. Lost 23 lbs in two months....59 total since pre-surgical diet. Doctor said I am doing exceptionally well especially as I've not had any fills. Now I'm literally floating on air and heading to my next appointment.

So, I get to the rheumatologist....and that's when I got a big old dose of reality. He put me on methotrexate and told me to take four pills a week even though based on my weight, I should really be on six pills but he wanted to start me off at a lower dose and go up if needed. That kinda burst my bubble. I knew going into this lapband thing, that I needed to lose at least 100 lbs. but I was feeling so good until he brought me back to Earth with that comment that I should be on more meds based on my size.

Not to worry...I'm not letting this get me down, it's just that while we may know in our world, how well we are doing, the rest of the world still sees us as fat. I can't wait to not be fat. I'm not interested in being skinny...I'm just soooo done with being fat.

You write very well! I enjoyed reading your post, however sorry to hear how it was a rollercoaster of emotions! I say this...there is always someone who even see's a skinny person as fat! It sounds to me you have done an amazing job and with no fill? That is truely inspirational! Thank you for sharing! I will one day also get into the XL gown!

Fantastic job on the weight loss. Theres nothing like seeing a difference in something as usual as sitting in chairs and having to wear larger gowns. Think if it this way. The arthritis was going to happen any way. Would have felt worse if you were not losing weight and still gaining.

You are beautiful and you are doing a great job ! Keep the faith sista!

You are doing so great!! I'm so happy for you. Love your attitude!!!

aww..thanks Bubie. How about yourself? How are you doing? We're going to set up a face to face next month I think. I was emailing with Dani and we're going to work on setting it up. Are you interested?

Yes, I would, please let me know when. I'm doing well. Sticking to me food rules, I think I need to tweak them but I'm still losing and exercising, which totally has increase from half hour of cardio to 1 hour. I will continue to work hard and keep walking in this journey!!

excellent. good to hear. keep an eye on our 'Hi' thread...we'll probably post details there.

Don't let any one bring you down you have done an amazing job

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk