Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you have after fills?

I have a real sensitive stomach. I've had lap band over a year but I find the more Fluid I have my experiences after my fills are always different. My doc says liquids three days, fourth and fifth day mushies. But my stomach is growling loud and I'm hungry. So far it's Water and premiere Protein Shakes. any suggestions?

Just liquids....soups, shakes, coffee, water....etc, etc

I remember only going 24 hours though, but that was a while ago...

48 hours clear, 48 hours full liquids!

Sounds like the hungry , growling stomach will have to do until Saturday;(

I got my first fill today and was banded two weeks tomorrow. I am on liquids today only and mushy food tomorrow then the next day regular food.Im hungry too . Do you always have to go that long on liquids and mushies after all your fills the past year? I also wonder how many fills have you gotten and are you happy you got lapband?

I was banded 10/2011, I have lost sixty eight pounds. I'm a slow loser:( mainly because my first year I couldn't find enough time to work out as I should. Now I work out twice a week in a.m and then once in evening. I will say I've had five fills and 2 unfills but that's because my stomach is so sensitive. I have to watch every calorie. I don't lose as much as many banders, my journey is slow. I try not to focus on pounds because it drives me nuts when seeing others lising double than me.This is the first time being on liquids this long because three weeks back they had to take out my last fill plus some because my stomach got so irritated after eating leftovers:( but I'm very happy I did it, it changed my life. I think about everything pertaining to food differently now and i think thats whats important- changing our thinking.Congrats!

Only 68 pounds? Hey, thats 2 children, you've done well and should congratulate yourself. I'm a slow loser as well, but I'm losing and I'm just fine with that. High five! Continued success.

If you're on liquids & really hungry, try some Soups. Campbell's Creamy Tomato was a life saver, and very satisfying. Have some cream of chicken or potato; just strain out the solids. The sweet Protein shakes get old really quickly. I got so burned out on them, I still gag at the thought of drinking one. But I do like the Premier chocolate.....if I'm going to have one.

When I get a fill, they require only 24 hours on liquids. Then "gently" start eating solids.

I freeze a cup of ff chocolate mile and eat like a Water ice, the milk gives me more full feeling than broths.

Thanks you guys;) I think my problem is the great meals I cook for my husband and kids and I'm hungry it literally makes me light headed. I'm sure you know how hard it is to see and smell food when you can't have it. I'm going to try the Soups , I like the chocolate premiere shakes to but that get old fast like you said! I'm hoping to lose my last 40-45 pounds within the next year, I'm just not rushing. I work with a lady that got banded three years ago that says she lost 119 pounds and wasn't eating properly and too fast and got a ulcer so bad that had to release her band:( she's now 40 pounds heavier than her original weight. She was told she can no longer you the band.( strange story)

I got my first fill today and was banded two weeks tomorrow. I am on liquids today only and mushy food tomorrow then the next day regular food.Im hungry too . Do you always have to go that long on liquids and mushies after all your fills the past year? I also wonder how many fills have you gotten and are you happy you got lapband?

If you got a fill 2 weeks after surgery and are back to regular food what was your post op diet like?