Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down 25 Pounds...1st Fill Tomorrow!

I am down 25 pounds, sugery was on Mar 22, 2013, and I get my 1st fill tomorrow!! I admit I'm kinda nervous to start on my regular diet and eating food that is not soft and "mushy". I hope i can continue to drop the pounds. Wish me luck!! :P

I am down 25 pounds, sugery was on Mar 22, 2012, and I get my 1st fill tomorrow!! I admit I'm kinda nervous to start on my regular diet and eating food that is not soft and "mushy". I hope i can continue to drop the pounds. Wish me luck!! :P

Hi New,

I was banded on 4/11/13....My first doc. appt. is next Tuesday and not sure if I want a fill because of the nervousness about eating regular food...lol. Sounds kinda stupid to me but it is what it is. I'm also down 25 pounds and back into alot of my jeans and such. I hope to lose 60+ more in the months to come. Good luck to you!! Let me know how your doc visit went please...so I know what to expect. :)

Hi New, I was banded on 4/11/13....My first doc. appt. is next Tuesday and not sure if I want a fill because of the nervousness about eating regular food...lol. Sounds kinda stupid to me but it is what it is. I'm also down 25 pounds and back into alot of my jeans and such. I hope to lose 60+ more in the months to come. Good luck to you!! Let me know how your doc visit went please...so I know what to expect. :)
That date is 2013 not 12....I will keep you posted!

I am down 25 pounds' date=' sugery was on Mar 22, 2012, and I get my 1st fill tomorrow!! I admit I'm kinda nervous to start on my regular diet and eating food that is not soft and "mushy". I hope i can continue to drop the pounds. Wish me luck!! :P[/quote']

Good Luck, and very well done on the 25 pound loss, don't be nervous you will do just fine.

I had my first fill yesterday and have lost 22! I was nervous, it did not hurt. He put in 3cc's and now I'm at 5. First day is kinda rough. I did not eat or drink much yesterday. Just work thru it and breathe!!!

Hi Marlena and Lady T... what are your diets? I was banded on 3/11/13 & has lost 12 lbs.

I was banded 4/8/13...I was filled with 5. On date of surgery. I had fill May 1, 2013. .7 for a total 5.7. Weight is fluctuating after off mushies. I was sticking to 1200 calories. They told me to change to 1100. So far I've kept 10-12 ibs off. I have a 10 cc. I was told I was eating to much sugar. Jello/pudding. I've taken that put and dropped back to 15 pounds. Still no real restriction but I have been staying full.

I just need help with food choices. I've lost a ton of inches. I'm in jeans I haven't worn comfortably in years. Down to 16. But I hope to loose 60 -75 more.

They scheduled me for another fill in 2 weeks.

Hi Marlena and Lady T... what are your diets? I was banded on 3/11/13 & has lost 12 lbs.

Hi Cheymoni,

My surgeon has some pretty strict rules for my post-op diet stages. For me it was 2 weeks of Clear liquids, 2 weeks of pureed liquids and then 2 weeks of soft (mushie) foods which I am now on my second week of them. I go back to see him next week to see how he thinks I'm doing so far. Funny thing is.....the only food I miss is my salads....LOL. I would have thought I would miss the sweet stuff, but thankfully I haven't.

Slow weight loss is best and it sounds like you are doing it right. The slower you lose, the longer it stays off or so has been the case with me. I know mine seems like a big loss but that could change when I hit normal food again and I am ready for it should that happen. Not getting discouraged, just one day at a time!! Good luck!

Hi Cheymoni' date='

My surgeon has some pretty strict rules for my post-op diet stages. For me it was 2 weeks of Clear Liquids, 2 weeks of pureed liquids and then 2 weeks of soft (mushie) foods which I am now on my second week of them. I go back to see him next week to see how he thinks I'm doing so far. Funny thing is.....the only food I miss is my salads....LOL. I would have thought I would miss the sweet stuff, but thankfully I haven't.

[/quote']

Thank you Marlena. My post-op diet was 1/2 of yours, I was on salad foods at my 4th week. It is still a challenge for me choosing my foods but I am getting there. I am also proud of myself for not missing the sweets, I do have a craving or thought at times but I don't act on it.