Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any smokers prior to surgery?

I just went to the site and honestly have no clur what im looking at/for lol im so lost

You need a starter kit for sure I would start out with the basic (not economy one) ill go check and see which option it is. It's been so long I don't even remember. Like I said I got the couples kit because it literally had everything we would need.

The standard kit or the Mother's Day kit (same thing ones just less expensive and looks like its pink) would be what your wanting.

12 & 6 mg is what I ordered and my second order was all 6mg and 0s (number is the amount of nicotine)

I ended up calling and placing my order over the phone to get the additional help because computers tend to hate me

My Surgeon said no smoking 2 weeks before, however I have been smoking since I was 13 I know not good and I'm 49 now so I couldn't quit cold turkey no will power on that so I would limit my self to 5 smokes a day then like 3 days before surgery I think I had like 2 more then I had 1 the morning before surgery cause I was nervous , then the day after surgery spending 1 night in the hospital as soon as I got home I had 1 took my meds & off to sleep I went by the 2nd day of being home I started lighting up again , so I guess I never stopped and I am still smoking but I am losing though , but I have changed my way of eating so one vice at a time I guess lol ,well good luck.

I am required by my insurance company to be tobacco free for so long before banding. With all of the fears and anxiety I have about the surgery quitting the awful habit is feeling impossible.

I've tried chantix, hypnosis, gum, Patches and cold turkey. Right now, it's the e-cigs that help more than anything I've tried before. Even with 0% nicotene, I've been very successful.

I am required by my insurance company to be tobacco free for so long before banding. With all of the fears and anxiety I have about the surgery quitting the awful habit is feeling impossible.

If you don't want to wait, go to Walgreens or Walmart, Walgreens has the $9.99 (Blue e-cig - at the register)single as well as the starter pack for $59.99.

The dr gave me a scrpit for chantix but I could never bring myself to take it

That stuff is horrible! I was using it when I had a hysterectomy and was in the hospital three extre days due to heart issues. Haven't touched it since.

i also quit with ecigs. 40 year smoker and could hardly breathe. it will be 2 years on 5/16 without a cigarette. down to 6mg of nicotine and hopefully one day i will quit altogether. i buy mine from cropduster901 i use echo-e kit. tony is the owner and is very helpful. he also sent me one to try without charging me. great customer service. they gave me breathing treatments after my band surgery because of the years of smoking and it really helped.

I have really been wondering about trying vaping and I'm so glad you all posted! I'm going to set a quit date and see how it goes!

I have really been wondering about trying vaping and I'm so glad you all posted! I'm going to set a quit date and see how it goes!

You'll be so happy you did! It's the best thing I ever did for myself. I have nightmares about being forced to smoke a real cigarette.. the thought of it makes me sick!!!!