Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its OFFICIAL! My scale at home is BROKE or my house is not LEVELED!

Ok I went to the surgeons office today for my regular check up and hopped on the scale. I'm down 8 pounds for the month. All this time, I'm beating myself about my weight not moving and this is the reason. I'm so relieved!

I told the doc I live in a old traditional brick bungalow and he said maybe your floors aren't leveled. PROBABLY SO!

So my advice to the new bandsters! Make sure your scale is accurate and your house is leveled. Lol

That's so funny! Glad it's going well.

Yea our house is old. Its a traditional chicago style bungalow. I love it but its unleveled. Lol. I mind as well weight myself outside on the concrete driveway.

Honey, I'm not losing weight! Call a GC, we need to level the house! :D

Superduper, and funny! Congrats, Karen

Had my second fill a month ago. Lost 3 lbs but nothing more all month! Just got over a stomach virus this week. Violently vomiting!! For 24rs im doing more Water than ever. Im am doing 1200 calories per day. Thanks to my fitness pal. Still no weight loss! I canceled my 3rd fill this week due to the fact i am terrified to look like a failure. I am determined to lose more before I see my doc. He intimidates me sooo much. I feel soo low! Even with a stomach flu i didn't lose!

Had my second fill a month ago. Lost 3 lbs but nothing more all month! Just got over a stomach virus this week. Violently vomiting!! For 24rs im doing more Water than ever. Im am doing 1200 calories per day. Thanks to my fitness pal. Still no weight loss! I canceled my 3rd fill this week due to the fact i am terrified to look like a failure. I am determined to lose more before I see my doc. He intimidates me sooo much. I feel soo low! Even with a stomach flu i didn't lose!

Hang in there get the tape measure out and see how you go you may have lost cms rather then weight . See how your cloths feel bet there feeling looser :-)

Hey PK

Wow you are in a tough time right now - just keep moving forward to get through it. I understand Doc visit (weigh in) can be intimidation, stressful and really depressing or up lifting.

Two things:

1- People that have success w/band Go To All Appts and frequently ! No matter what.

2- Exercise (calorie burn) can be challenging for anybody but is often very challenging for big people. First, our lean muscle mass which effects resting metabolic rate (calorie burn during rest) is low at best. Second, we don't understand what and how and how much and when to exercise.

3- Cortisol is a hormone proven to effect weight loss/gain - its raised (bad) when we are stressed and don't get enough sleep .... Stress is hard to control but sleep can be the hidden thing missed

What type, when and how much are you exercising ?

That 1200 calories ... how exact are you on that number ? Weigh and measure stuff?

Hope in Your Future is Power in Your Present!

Lee

280 lbs Lost - All diseases reversed

I went out and purchased a very professional doctor's scale from Amazon. Its not digital but the calibrated sliding weights from yesteryears. Works great!

HealthOMeter 402LB (Health O Meter) Physician Balance Beam Scale

@LJ, yes I am measuring all my meals, I carry a 64 oz jug of Water with me at all times and I walk 1 hr 3 nights per week. I am unfortunately under tremendous stress and I cant sleep most nights. I haven't seen my surgeon in 6 wks and I need to meet with nut. I bought a fancy scale thats weighs bmi, water weight etc. but it didn't work, it kept saying I was 5'7. Lol! Well I made a double appt for nut and surgeon for next thursday! I pay my surgeon to help me with my weight soo I have to face him! Wish me luck!

I did however see a major change in my body! I am trying to add a before and after pix!

Just posted pix!

Hi PhatKat...

Keep your head up. I was the same way my first 3-6 months. The 1st month I lost really good but as soon as I was able to eat food again I gained everything back and was soooo embarrassed. But I started to lose again but it was slow and my dr measured me and I lost a good amount of inches. He told me not to get discouraged and that my body was trying to keep ahold of the fat and it was in shock mode. After my 4th fill is when I noticed the big change. I was 190 a yr ago and today I'm 151. It takes time just hang in there.