Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! It seems that since my first fill, I can't eat lettuce comfortably. Whenever I eat lettuce, I get a "stuck" feeling, like a rock is in my chest. I had to "slime" once because of it. I moved this weekend and figured it was because I was eating on the run. But it happened again yesterday when I was concentrating.

Does anyone else have trouble with lettuce?

I do really well with lettuce. meats and breads are what I have trouble with.

Hmmmm...maybe it's not the lettuce? I'm going to try again and see if I can pinpoint exactly what is happening.

You have to chew the lettuce a long time otherwise it might lay on top of the opening like a flap and cause you the problem. Check with your dietitian or doctor.

I used to, but it has gotten better. Try to go with softer lettuce or baby spinach, and put dressing on it to moisten it. Really grind and chew it as long as you can.

I don't do lettuce! 18 months and I have found that salads without lettuce are just fine! All the other crunchy veggies. I order salads without lettuce in restaurants and they all comply. Lettuce just lays in my stoma and lines it! Good luck.

Great tip Grammy...Im going to request that next time im out.....thanks !

I can't I canIiI I can't eat lettuce either :(

I can do lettuce fine. I only have trouble with raw broccolli.

Follow my lap band blog www.biscuitsandexcuses.blogspot.com

I sometimes have problems with lettuce if I don't chew it enough or if I recently had an adjustment. I have found if I cut the lettuce up with scissors it is easier. I only eat one piece of lettuce at a time though.

I could not do lettuce for a few months but now it is fine, I agree with the above that it could be blocking your opening so maybe very small pieces at a time. Hugs

Try eating the pre-shredded lettuce they sell in the stores. I have a hard time with the lettuce I break up but can to the pre-shred stuff. Good luck

I buy the little shreds of lettuce it works better for me.

Great idea with the shredded stuff, AND ordering lettuce free salads when dining out. I just made a salad with all veggies, fruit and grilled chicken at a salad bar and I don't miss the lettuce at all.

I was expecting( dreading) the loss of sushi, but seems I can tolerate that just fine, so ill forego lettuce!

Thanks everyone! I just made an appt for my second fill for tomorrow, so I'm hoping this incessant hunger subsides!

Great idea with the shredded stuff' date=' AND ordering lettuce free salads when dining out. I just made a salad with all veggies, fruit and grilled chicken at a salad bar and I don't miss the lettuce at all.

I was expecting( dreading) the loss of sushi, but seems I can tolerate that just fine, so ill forego lettuce!

Thanks everyone! I just made an appt for my second fill for tomorrow, so I'm hoping this incessant hunger subsides![/quote']

It's all trial and error to find what works for you. Have a great appointment. You got this, girl!!