Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you always conscious of your band?

I am wondering if your band is always on ur mind (other than when you eat)? Do you find yourself forgetting it is even there sometimes? I guess i am wondering if you can always feel the device constricting the stomach or if you can go about your day feeling as if nothing foreign is in there. ( obviously for those a couple months out and fully healed).

I am only out about 13 days, but yes, I'm pretty sure that is what I am feeling...

I go about my day as if nothing is there. The only reminder I generally have is when I'm eating.

When I first saw your question I was ready to say no, but truth is I always think and plan everything around my band. I live basically meal to meal day to day. I know one thing. It is working!!!!

I don't feel mine...physically wouldn't know its there, unless I'm eating or maybe drinking something thick or fast. Just letting it do its thing... :)

I think about mine when I eat or feel the port. Other than that, no.

I can't feel my band but this question has come up before and some bandsters say they think they can feel it. I'm programmed now to eat like it's there and I only eat small and chew big.

tmf

I do not feel the band its self, but I soooooo feel the port every day. It sits where my pants go around my waist and it actually is sore all the time. I have talked to me doctor about relocating it and he said he would. I want to get to my goal before I do it. (15lbs to go!)

When I was first healing after surgery I felt it but now I'm a year you and I don't notice it at all until I'm eating.

I don't feel mine...physically wouldn't know its there' date=' unless I'm eating or maybe drinking something thick or fast. Just letting it do its thing... :)[/quote']

I'm the exactly same way. There are some days I forget I even have it.

I have only had mine 3 weeks. I'm already at a plateau. I know what the problem is I am eating almost anything I want. I'm eating a lot less then before the band. I just recently started walking again. At 3 weeks with no fill should I still be loosing weight? Do I have to wait till I get a fill?

Bandashoop, I am so glad you asked this question, because everyone has answered a question for me. I do not want to sound negative, so you just helped me to know that what I am experiencing, is not normal, from others posting an answer to your question (many thanks everyone). I don't want to high jack your thread, so I will just say, I will be in contact with the doc's office today. Hopefully, it's an easy fix!

I purposefully keep my band in the forefront of my mind, but no, I can't "feel" the physical band. (I'm one month postop.) I am aware it is there when I eat or drink (my stomach now makes noises it never made before) and of course it lets me know when I need to push back from my plate. So I wouldn't say that I forget I have a band, no. Also, my incisions still make themselves known when my dress, shirt or waistband rubs against them...no forgetting there!

I can't feel it on the inside but I touch my stomach a couple of times each day and feel it there. It only makes itself felt when I'm eating or sometimes when I'm drinking.