Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the lap band put in about 7 years ago about 4 years after my gastric bypass..... i was 634 pounds to start and mow im 210..... last 2 months ive dropped close to 60 pounds without any excercise whatsoever because i cant eat ANYTHING ANYMORE and things have really gotten bad lately, I am unable to keep anything down at all, sometimes hours and hours later things come back up..... I have trouble getting liquid to stay down.... I have wanted to get the band removed for years. I finally was offered by my mom to pay for it and have it taken out. I need to find a doctor out near me in Monrovia California that does removal. Does anyone have a recommendation? Also does anyone know what the actual cost of removal would be? I just could really use some guidance here and any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean

Wow congratulations on your incredible weight losses. That is truly amazing.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem.

So you have band over bypass. When is the last time you saw your surgeon? Is your band slipped?

Also, what size band do you have?

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss!!! That is truly AMAZING!!!

Mis 73 has a lot of good questions that I'm curious about too....

I'm not sure if my docs do removal or not....if they put 'em in, can't they take 'em out??? My docs are in Tarzana, off the 101, just west of the 405, not too far from you. I drove to them from the high desert (Apple Valley area) and they are the best!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! I was banded 17 months ago & feel very thankful & blessed to have them for my docs!! (BTW, there are 2 docs there, both WONDERFUL)

If you're interested, I'm pretty sure their info is in my profile if you click on my picture. Otherwise, feel free to email me.... accox4@verizon.net

Another thing to consider, even though a lot of insurance won't pay for WLS, most will pay for serious complications due to them because that is then considered a medical necessity.

Perhaps you should check with yours so your mom won't have to pay? Just a thought.

First of all' date=' congratulations on your weight loss!!! That is truly AMAZING!!!

Mis 73 has a lot of good questions that I'm curious about too....

I'm not sure if my docs do removal or not....if they put 'em in, can't they take 'em out??? My docs are in Tarzana, off the 101, just west of the 405, not too far from you. I drove to them from the high desert (Apple Valley area) and they are the best!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! I was banded 17 months ago & feel very thankful & blessed to have them for my docs!! (BTW, there are 2 docs there, both WONDERFUL)

If you're interested, I'm pretty sure their info is in my profile if you click on my picture. Otherwise, feel free to email me.... accox4@verizon.net[/quote']

Hi, who is your surgeon? Mine is also in Tarzana, wondering if maybe we went to the same place?? Well, I'll be going, having my surgery on the 26th of April :). I love love love the staff were I go too!!

are you sure its the band that's the problem and some other health issue? I would think that any gastro doctor could remove it.

Also... could the band be too tight? See your PCP and Gastro docs asap!

Chris_tina83....my docs are Dr. Hooman & Dr. Salimitari. Their office staff, nurses, everyone is fabulous!!!!

Chris_tina83....my docs are Dr. Hooman & Dr. Salimitari. Their office staff' date=' nurses, everyone is fabulous!!!![/quote']

Awesome!! That's where I am going!! Can't wait till Friday!! Dr. Hooman will be doing my surgery..they are all great people! Would totally recommend them!! :)

Best wishes,whatever you decide. Congrats on your drastic weight loss, and I agree if you haven't been to a lapband doctor recently, go before you remove the band. It may be gall bladder or something else. Karen

The one thing we all need to be aware of is self diagnosing problems associated with the band, its an easy trap to fall into and often things are not what they seem.

You need to seek medical guidance as to what the problem is and its solution.

Congratulations on your weight loss, the last thing you want to do tho is to remove the band that helped your gastric bypass work better for you, i am assuming that you were unable to control your eating /hunger when you had the band fitted so seek the advice of a bariatric/gastro doctor and see what their advice is. Good luck !

I recently went to my lapband doctor where I couldn't keep much down. They removed 3ccs and hadn't had a fill since Feb 2011. 5 days later I had my Gallbladder removed. Come to find out it was a result of my issues with my band being so tight. You may want to get checked out. Also my lapband doctor recommended keeping a log, because insurance companies are getting strict when there are complications with a band. Good luck.

I would strongly suggest meeting with one first to discuss options. Perhaps just getting unfilled or even a slight unfill would alleviate your problems.