Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddy needed :)

Hi there,

I'm Vickie, 41 from the UK. I was banded on the 8th April 2013 (one week today,just realised!!) thing is I don't know anyone who has had the op and I'm trying to keep the fact that I've had the band between me and my husband, saving the embarrassment, disappointment and the thought of friends and family judging me as a failure!!!

So, I would live to talk to someone who has been there seen it and wore the by-shirt as equally as someone as new to all this as me.

I'm very easy going, love a giggle open and honest.

So there it is, my plea :)

Take care

Vickie x

Ok so iPhones suck

I would LOVE to talk to someone who has been there seen it done it and wore the T- SHIRT!!!!!

Vickie x

Welcome,

This site is fill of wonderful people that will support and encourage you. We are all in this together.

Thank you Lose100.Iim so glad I've found you all :)

My problem is I don't really know what to expect, my consultation was brief, and I was having surgery within a month, most of what I know is from YouTube etc..... I wasn't aware of the has pains, boy was that a shocker!!! But I think I'm just about over them now.

Does this sound silly when I say that I'm unsure how I'm supposed to feel inside when I eat??

At the moment I'm on the post op liquid diet, but I am drinking so much and eating Soup and so far nothing..... Is it weird that I wanted to have reflux just once to let me know the band was working????

My surgeon Mr Super gave me 1ml at surgery, no one has contacted me since to speak to me about how I'm feeling, next appointment, a fill or anything, is this just the UK way????

Sorry such a long reply :(

Vickie x

I can relate, I wanted to have an issue just so I know my band was working. I discussed that with my surgeon and he said that I should know that it's working because I didn't have issues. Just take it day by day. Ask questions. No question is a dumb or silly question. Remember that different surgeons have different rules, therefore the responses may vary.

Thank you Lose100.Iim so glad I've found you all :)

My surgeon Mr Super gave me 1ml at surgery' date=' no one has contacted me since to speak to me about how I'm feeling, next appointment, a fill or anything, is this just the UK way????

Sorry such a long reply :(

Vickie x

[/quote']

I would call the surgeon's office and ask when is your next appointment.

Try stopping in the chat room when you have a chance. It is kind of hit and miss but you can meet some really supportive people there. Best of luck to you!!

Hi there' date='

I'm Vickie, 41 from the UK. I was banded on the 8th April 2013 (one week today,just realised!!) thing is I don't know anyone who has had the op and I'm trying to keep the fact that I've had the band between me and my husband, saving the embarrassment, disappointment and the thought of friends and family judging me as a failure!!!

So, I would live to talk to someone who has been there seen it and wore the by-shirt as equally as someone as new to all this as me.

I'm very easy going, love a giggle open and honest.

So there it is, my plea :)

Take care

Vickie x[/quote']

Hi Hun

I replied to your convo and sent you my email address xx

Thank you JuJu, speak soon xx