Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any bandings in May????

I had my Band over Bypass done on May 10th, Im 8 days post op and I am down 13 lbs. woo hoo! I am so sick of broth and Jello, I could scream. I get to progress to full liquids on Tuesday. Cant wait!!

Goodl luck to everyone getting banded!!

I'm set for May 21st and my Pre-Op starts on May 7th!!

Hi AmineR8705, I got banded May 21, 2012 and haven't regretted it at all. I was pretty nervous but the actual surgery was the easiest part. I had to stay overnight because of my sleep apnea but did not have much pain at all. The worst for me was the upper chest/shoulder pain that they say comes from the gas they pump you up with affecting the vagus nerve. Remember to walk, walk, walk and try Gas-X or something like that. It usually goes away within a couple of days. Good luck to you - keep posting here so we can follow your success and provide support.

Hi AmineR8705' date=' I got banded May 21, 2012 and haven't regretted it at all. I was pretty nervous but the actual surgery was the easiest part. I had to stay overnight because of my sleep apnea but did not have much pain at all. The worst for me was the upper chest/shoulder pain that they say comes from the gas they pump you up with affecting the vagus nerve. Remember to walk, walk, walk and try Gas-X or something like that. It usually goes away within a couple of days. Good luck to you - keep posting here so we can follow your success and provide support.[/quote']

Thanks for the info! Defiantly getting more anxious as Tuesday arrives!

You will do great! Ask your doc for something for anxiety' date=' I'm sure he will provide something. It is normal to be nervous. Just know that this is the start to a healthier life and remember why you are doing it!! Good luck!![/quote']

Thank you!!

Hi Ladies I had my surgery May 7th new to this site. My surgery is a revision to the Gastric bypass I had that done in 2006 started gaining the weight back in 2010 had a baby in 2011 and now I had the band done so I'm starting over again. With the bypass I loss 150 lbs I gained 80 of it back currently I'm down 10 lbs and counting good luck to everyone on this journey may we be a resource to one another.

I had my Band over Bypass done on May 10th' date=' Im 8 days post op and I am down 13 lbs. woo hoo! I am so sick of broth and Jello, I could scream. I get to progress to full liquids on Tuesday. Cant wait!!

Goodl luck to everyone getting banded!![/quote']

Hi Daisy I too had the band over bypass how are you feeling?

Hi Daisy I too had the band over bypass how are you feeling?

I'm so glad to hear that we had the same! I'm doing ok. My port hurts still and now my stomach is itching.... i guess im healing. im struggling with getting in the Protein. I hate Isopure so much. It gags me. I ordered injury and I hope it comes tomorrow. I went back to work too early. My surgery was Friday and I was back Monday. I have a sit down job but was still struggling all week.

My surgery was May 10th. I down 15lbs this morning.

I'm suffering the head hunger thing. I'm ready to eat regular food! My dr has a post op diet plan of 10 days Clear Liquids, 10 days of full, thicker, liquids, then 10 days of mushies. I have one more day of clears. I swear I never want it see broth again. Haha. I'm so ready for mushies.

How are you feeling?

I'd love to keep in touch.

On my way to the hospital for my surgery !!! Excited, nervous etc :)

I'm so glad to hear that we had the same! I'm doing ok. My port hurts still and now my stomach is itching.... i guess im healing. im struggling with getting in the Protein. I hate Isopure so much. It gags me. I ordered injury and I hope it comes tomorrow. I went back to work too early. My surgery was Friday and I was back Monday. I have a sit down job but was still struggling all week.

My surgery was May 10th. I down 15lbs this morning.

I'm suffering the head hunger thing. I'm ready to eat regular food! My dr has a post op diet plan of 10 days clear liquids' date=' 10 days of full, thicker, liquids, then 10 days of mushies. I have one more day of clears. I swear I never want it see broth again. Haha. I'm so ready for mushies.

How are you feeling?

I'd love to keep in touch.[/quote']

Your port will get better mine was sore for the first week then I could just feel the pulling of the stitches on the inside but that has subsided as well. Just make sure at work you do a lot of standing my doctor told me to stand up each hour and walk around. I found doing that I wasn't sore as much and I didn't have any gas.

My surgery was May 7th I weigh myself tomorrow but so far I'm down 10 lbs.

Yeah I know how that is I only had to do liquids for 7 days now I'm on puréed/mushy stage for 2 weeks then I goto solids so 1 more week of that then I move on to solids my main issue is wanting to snack in between meals I try not too but when I feel I have to I make sure it's healthy choices such as a yogurt. I can't wait for a fill to see if that will help. Wow it's crazy how we've had the same surgery and the treatment seems so different.

But overall the surgery went well. I had my Gastric Bypass done in Feb. 2006 I lost 150 lbs and I started to gain the weight back then I had my daughter who is 18 months now and I gained 30lbs with her. So when I was able to have the lap band over the bypass I was thrilled. So I'm gonna make it work.

I found the the Lean shake from GNC is really good with no after taste because I can't stand the artificial taste. They have chocolate, vanilla and strawberry and very cold they taste almost like a milkshake. I will drink them sometimes when I feel Im hungry.

I would love to keep in touch to be a sounding board and a support system on the journey to our new lives.

On my way to the hospital for my surgery !!! Excited' date=' nervous etc :)[/quote']

All keep you in my prayers Bindi all will go well. Keep us posted.

I had my surgery May 3rd, so 17 days ago. Just wanted to give an update that I am feeling so much better. I had my stitches taken out Friday and my incisions were a little sore but already feeling better. My energy is returning and eating/drinking is going well. I am in the mushy stage until day 29, so 11 more days. I am in a completely better frame of mind though I will say I have started to think about some food I don't need or can't have yet. I just have to remind myself of my goals (weight loss, better health, quality of life, etc)

I am a little frustrated because I haven't lost weight in over a week. I had lost 13 lbs within 5 days post op so I know that is good but still hard to not see anymore. People like to say it's about calories in/calories out but I have been eating 800 calories and burning 200-300 so how does that add up to no more lost?

Anyway, overall I'm 100 times better so those of you just banded or getting ready to be hang in there. It really does get better!!

Had my surgery May 3 also. Having a hard time. Was introducing foods slowly but it all halted when I had a bad reaction on Sunday night where I had to call my surgeon. He had me in the next day. I had a bad reaction to eating some pork I had cooked and now am back on liquids and think I popped some internal stiches. I had a big surgical hematoma where my port incision is but he drained it. Back on liquids until the end o fthe week and am so afraid to introduce foods again after going through hell. Doctor told me I might one of those patients that cannot do meats so I hope he's wrong cause I really do not want to become a vegatarian. I talked to him about the gas and pain associated from the gas and he's not too sure what can be done besides Gas X...as I told him I feel like my social life is over if this flatulence problems does not go away or at least be somewhat controllable..I said I felt like an alien from planet Gas..lol.. Nice to meet y'all...

Officially banded as of 10am this morning!!

Just got home about 40 minutes ago, I was gonna try to respond quicker but my mom ran my phone to the ground with the battery lol. Anyway, I'm doing pretty good and haven't had any issues so far and it feels good to be home and be resting that it for sure. I'm really sore around my port site and really tight overall with all my incisions. Taking sips of Water and I already put down a 20oz Water already since I left the surgical center lol. I don't think I have any gas pains thus far but im burping a lot so I hope I don't have to deal with it later this week *fingers crossed*!! But I got on the scale before I left and I weighed 317lbs and I was 339lbs before I started my pre-op diet 2 weeks ago!! Pretty excited and building that confidence up. I can't wait to get healed up and start moving and make myself a healthier person and get in shape!!

I'm on the other side! Now to start healing up!

Thanks for the support!!

-Amine

Officially banded as of 10am this morning!!

Just got home about 40 minutes ago, I was gonna try to respond quicker but my mom ran my phone to the ground with the battery lol. Anyway, I'm doing pretty good and haven't had any issues so far and it feels good to be home and be resting that it for sure. I'm really sore around my port site and really tight overall with all my incisions. Taking sips of Water and I already put down a 20oz Water already since I left the surgical center lol. I don't think I have any gas pains thus far but im burping a lot so I hope I don't have to deal with it later this week *fingers crossed*!! But I got on the scale before I left and I weighed 317lbs and I was 339lbs before I started my pre-op diet 2 weeks ago!! Pretty excited and building that confidence up. I can't wait to get healed up and start moving and make myself a healthier person and get in shape!!

I'm on the other side! Now to start healing up!

Thanks for the support!!

-Amine

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the best wishes from the other side :D

Hello all -

New here! My date is 5/30. Looking forward to joining you guys in the journey! Loving the info on this site.!

PrincessNita