Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this the green zone ?

I am 5 months post op an d have just gotten my third fill. The restriction is crazy! I can't eat but a few bites of anything. Not even an entire banana. My question is: is this a normal fill or am I too tight? I have lost 4 pounds in a week since the fill.

Congrats, sounds like you hit your spot. It was my 3rd fill that did if for me too. 1 small chicken breast made 4 meals for me. As long as your not having problems with reflux, I'd say you're just about right. Portion Control is what the band is sposed to be for! Yeah!

Marci

sounds perfect

For me that would definitely be too tight. You should be able to eat more then just a few bites. You need to make sure to get all your food in. Your body needs calories to burn calories so it is important to eat. If you are getting in all your meals and required Protein that is one thing. If you are not getting this in you may want to have a smidge taken out.

It does sound kindda tight...I was there when I was still needing to loose...but now Im where I can eat a good portioned meal and be full.....I like it there better....

Bananas are one of the foods that many of us have problems with? How about real food, like fish, chicken, salads, veggies? Can you eat an apple if you chew it up good?

How are you able to eat enough Protein, and other nutrients, being that tight?? In my opinion, which isn't worth much, if you lost four pounds in a week by food restriction, without doing a lot of exercise, I'd want to discuss the issue with my WL doctor.

Thee is no way anyone can tell...especially on the internet...

I can eat a whole banana if I wanted to (I don't want to) However, I can also take one bite....too big, too fast etc etc get STUCK big time.....have the same complaints you do....does not mean I am too tight...means I have not learned the new way of eating with the band and being in the Green Zone....

I can have the same complaints if I chug bottled Water when I am extremely thirsty...it will come right back up, with pain from possibly stretching my pouch....does not mean I'm too tight, means I'm not following the rules and not taking it slow like I was taught....have to give time for Water to pass through the funnel....

There is a gray area between being at optimal band adjustment (Green Zone), too tight, and not changing the way we eat (following the rules) and no one on the Internet can, and should pretend to be a clinician and attempt to Dx then prescribe a remedy.....that is between you and your Dr.....

I thought I new the rules...but once I started to approach that Green Zone I realized what the rules really meant....it is that area of perfect "balance" between band adjustment and proper eating techniques....unfortunately many people will never get there because they refuse to change their old habits and want to hang onto the things that made them fat in the first place...