Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My lap band surgery is schedule to happen in Kansas. I have two weeks left before the surgery. I am really scared. What if I mess up and do something wrong? On top of that I am suppose be starting these Protein Shakes, and I tried today, it was so bad I was gagging. I put two scoops and added Water and ice. I don't know how to make it taste better without adding calories. Will someone please help, I have no around here who can talk to me or even knows what I am going through. I want this, need this.

My lap band surgery is schedule to happen in Kansas. I have two weeks left before the surgery. I am really scared. What if I mess up and do something wrong? On top of that I am suppose be starting these Protein shakes, and I tried today, it was so bad I was gagging. I put two scoops and added Water and ice. I don't know how to make it taste better without adding calories. Will someone please help, I have no around here who can talk to me or even knows what I am going through. I want this, need this.

I would try other brands of shakes. There are many, many out there. I went through at least 4 different types before I found one I liked.

I also wouldn't be mixing them with Water (eeww!). Almond milk or skim milk taste a lot better and give you much needed Protein.< /p>

I get my Protein on this website. mydietshopz.com Their hot chocolate and cold Fruit Drinks are great. The orange flavor reminds me of Tang. The hot chocolate comes in mint, amaretto etc.

I really like the Atkins brand of shakes. They are low in sugar and carbs and they have a good flavor. I like mine really cold and you can even whip them in the blender to make them a little frothy.

I love the Syntrax Nectar whey Protein mixes. They mix great in Water and have 23 grams of protein. So far I have tried: Fuzzy Navel, Wild Cherry and strawberry Kiwi. I also like Natural Factory Whey French vanilla and Double chocolate - these I mix in light soy milk.

My favorite were the SlimFast High Protein. They are getting a little hard to find, but they were by far the best I tried!

Try adding extracts like mint or coconut, I see a lot of people here add sf ff pudding mix of instant coffee to them, I have to go on a prescribed shakes for two weeks prior as well and although they taste ok the texture leaves a lot to be desired

GNC Total Lean shakes, chocolate Swiss.... DELISH!!

Try using sf ff pudding mix or PB2 (a Peanut Butter substitute) or even sugar free syrups. Time to start being creative. It is good to be a little scared but dont let the fright take over. You will do great!!

I like pre-made EAS cold I hate any of the power stuff.

What are you scared of? Is it the decision to have the lap band? The surgery? The diet? The unknown? Everyone is scared, maybe it is expressed in other ways, but having some anxiety is normal. Follow your doctors instructions, it seems like there are many approaches to the pre and post op instructions, as there are doctors! The day before my surgery I opened up lap band talk, and quickly left the site. It was a day of horror stories and since I knew in my being, this was the right choice for me, I did not want to put any negative images in my mind.

My shakes had fat free organic milk and slices of frozen fruit with vanilla Bari Care shake mix. I would actually buy them out if they were sold in public, they were that good. This site has some amazing people on it who are helpful and supportive if you reach out. I know you will do just fine! Get creative with your shakes, this part is more about healthy and reducing fat around your liver, than loosing weight- but that's a bonus! Shake, shake, shake!

I think that powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has the best tasting protien shakes. I actually haven't tried any other brand because i like them so much!

You can change them up using sugar free syrups that you find in the coffee aisle at the grocery store. Or you can order them online from Amazon. Torani is a great brand to use.

Use skim milk or plain soy milk to make your shakes with. They have more protien than almond milk and protien is the name of the game right now.

Two weeks is a small sacrifice to start the rest of your life!

I tried the vanilla Unjury. Sorry lucabeth, I thought it was so disgusting, I did "recycle" it. Usually, my husband likes things a little different than I do, he couldn't get this brand down either. What I did do was buy sample packets of different brands to find one I liked, instead of investing in too much of something. :)

I could not find any Protein shakes that I liked! I forced my self into drinking them, until I found the Protein shots! It's just a bottle of protein, they are a little more expensive but well worth it, here's what they look like you can get them a Walmart or any drug store! Hope this helps!

post-210677-13813134893414_thumb.jpg

post-330455-13813141445813_thumb.jpg

What a great idea BethA! We could all use this one on the days when you just can't fit all your Protein in. Thanks!