Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello My band is a large 10cc band .Today 4/3/13 I had a fill from 3 cc to 5cc I want to know please How many CC's is your band, They say (Doctors) everyone has a sweet spot on there band yet I am still trying to find mine. Can you please tell me how many cc's are in your band, and is it your sweet spot? Thank you , and God Bless. John :D

This is a common question but how many CCs in someone's band is irrelevent. We all have different anatomys, different surgeons, different shaped stomachs, different stomach lining thickness.

We have people here who have no fills and no CCs and some with 14 CCs and over a dozen fills.

For the record, I have no idea how many CCs are in my band. I don't think my doc even tracks it. I'm probably unique though.

tmf

I had surgery on Feb 18. First fill March 11. Surgery day I got 4cc.first fill I got 1.5 cc and was in the green zone.I have a 10cc band. Yesterday got a fill to 6.2 cc

14 cc band last week got first fill 2 cc going back on the 16th for another fill. Working with just will power for now.

Good luck with your fill on the 16th :)

Surgery 12/21, 10cc band...no fills and I would say its my sweet spot.

i have a 14cc band

(no fills yet) but there is primer but no idea how much..but i do like TMF's post/comment alot, it makes alot of sense.

What week/ month are you on?

Hi Jenn I had surgery in 2007, in 2008 went for my 1st fill, Then I kind of gave up however in 2008 the doctor butt 3cc's in my band (I have a large 10cc band) Now that I am totally focused I went back to the doctor yesterday (3rd Fill) he took out the 3 cc's that where still in from 2008, and he put a fresh 5CC's in. This is the start of my Journey ( officially Lol) John

Like tmf said we are all different and fills are based on individual needs. That being said I have the Realize 11cc band with 9.5cc in it. I lost weight along the way but it took really 9 months to find the sweet spot and now that I found it weight loss seems a little more steady.

Hi Jenn I had surgery in 2007, in 2008 went for my 1st fill, Then I kind of gave up however in 2008 the doctor butt 3cc's in my band (I have a large 10cc band) Now that I am totally focused I went back to the doctor yesterday (3rd Fill) he took out the 3 cc's that where still in from 2008, and he put a fresh 5CC's in. This is the start of my Journey ( officially Lol) John

Hi John, just curious what made you give up? Based on your comments I am curious to hear more of your story. Did you have complications?

I have an 11ml band with 7.50 'm in it at the moment, everyone is different.. I still have a long way to go, I need more in it as still eating too much but my provider won't put any more in it till I write a food diary... not happy, feel like I'm being treat like a child.

Hi John, just curious what made you give up? Based on your comments I am curious to hear more of your story. Did you have complications?

Hi Jim, Thanks for your interest. I had my surgery back in 1/2007 I was all pumped up to start my journey the hospital stay was quick( 1- 1/2 days) and painless. When I got home and by myself I started to think I would never be able to eat the food that made me happy ( and obese ) again. I did such a job making myself so depressed I just gave up. I thought I wood have to be on a liquid diet and eat soft foods like baby food the rest of my life. I never went on message boards when at home. I remember taking off 2 weeks vacation to have the surgery and to heal but all I did was stay in the house and felt so depressed saying to myself why did I do this to myself. So as the days went on I started to cheat and eat things like shredded cheese by the bags. I never threw my food up it was just that the band was to lose for me and never followed up to get it done the right way. Then after the 2 weeks beating myself up while home I went back to work thinking I have to eat baby food in front of my co-workers the heck with this so I jumped off the wagon. When I did go back to work I had lost like 20 pounds but I felt very depressed. Has the years went by I just but all the weight back on plus like 4 extra pounds. Just last month I started having problems climbing stares, and just moving around was getting way to hard. My legs and feet where blowing up like a balloon filled with Water. I started to say about 3 weeks ago I have to do something I am only 46 and I feel like I am 96 and if I keep going like this I will be dead or close to it in 5 years. So I picked up the phone and made a appointment to have my lap band adjusted. That's my story :). Thanks for asking and God Bless You. John

John, Thanks for sharing. It is unfortunate you were alone and did not have someone to talk to or were in a place where you could reach out to talk to someone. I hope you have found your strength to begin this journey and make a good solid go at it. I too was in a very bad place when I started plus I was on the cusp of pushing 500lbs. I could not have done this without my wife. I certainly do not think I would have gone to the seminar without her and therefor would not be where I am today.

I urge you to stick around here and,participate or at least read. There is so much support here I would actually pay for a membership (shhh...don't tell Alex :P ) if I had to. If I were you I would also look into in person support groups. I actually have developed many friendships thanks to this band.

I wish you well and hope to see you here.

John, that's a story we sometimes see here but your honesty is so refreshing. Here's a quote I read on another forum and thought you might get something from it:

"In my case, the most fearful thing I had to do in order to succeed with my band wasn't switching to skim milk, surviving a liquid diet, or giving up bread. The most fearful thing was giving up my emotional attachment to food. In the nearly 5 years since I was banded, I've made a lot of progress with that, but the attachment is still there. It forms one of the innermost layers of my turtle shell. Working on that layer will probably be a lifetime job for me. At times I'm not even sure I truly want to get rid of it altogether. At times I'm afraid that if I shed my shell completely, I won't be able to survive. On the other hand, I seem to be doing fine without that thick old b***h layer. So I'm going to pay attention to my dreams rather than my fears and pray for a miracle. And why not? It can't hurt to try!"