Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months til surgery...

Had my consultation today and found out that I have to do a dr supervised weight loss program for 6 months. Made me feel a little defeated. I understand why insurance companies require this but it sounds so long to wait doing the same things I've already tried for 15 years! I'm looking for a buddy who may be in this same boat. I need to lose about 150 lbs

Had my consultation today and found out that I have to do a dr supervised weight loss program for 6 months. Made me feel a little defeated. I understand why insurance companies require this but it sounds so long to wait doing the same things I've already tried for 15 years! I'm looking for a buddy who may be in this same boat. I need to lose about 150 lbs

I went to my first consultation in january and am having to do the 6 month wait. But now im almost there! Time goes by faster than you think I felt the same in January and still feel antsy and can't wait (im pretty sure I look at the success stories on here almost everyday). I should get my surgery in july and would love to lose to my ultimate goal of 130lbs but we shall see. :)

What a bummer. The six months will fly by Some insurance companies do that. Mines do not require that. I had my first consultation March 26th. I had my Psyc evaluation today and I will schedule my upper GI and im done I am looking to have my surgery in early June.

I was trying to get my insurance to pay for my band but Emory here in Georgia kept giving me the run around for a year. So, I went to Ophra's website and looked up the lapband doctor from her show who was in Mexico. Dr Ariel Ortiz! I paid a couple of thousand I saved up over that year of Emory running me around. I was banded in 2011.

*NO COMPLICATIONS*

I too had a 6 month program and was really thankful for it, giving me time to get myself where I needed to be mentally! I also used the time to learn what I could about Lapband do's and dont's!

I have the same requirement through my insurance... I'm in month 4 and my surgery is scheduled for aug 5th. My biggest fear is going through all this - I've been to non stop doctors and what if they still deny it?? I'm petrified I just want to know for sure already!!!

I had my consultation in Apr. and received the same news! I understand the feeling, I went in expecting a few hurdles but months sounds/feels like forever! I am excited either way!

I am in the same boat right now. Talk to my insurance and find out I had to do 6months of that I was a little upset but its worth it in thee end.

How far along are you?? June 5th is 2 months till surgery- my 5th month in my 6 month requirements... It is going so slow I wish it was sooner!! Oh well more time to prepare I guess!!

At first I was upset. I had waited so long and done so much research! I had been considering surgery for about 2 years. So I felt like I was ready by the time I actually went to my appointment. Upset at first but understood the reasoning. Two and a half months in I'm again thinking 6 months is crazy! Three months seems much more reasonable to me! October would be when I will probably have surgery.

At first I was upset. I had waited so long and done so much research! I had been considering surgery for about 2 years. So I felt like I was ready by the time I actually went to my appointment. Upset at first but understood the reasoning. Two and a half months in I'm again thinking 6 months is crazy! Three months seems much more reasonable to me! October would be when I will probably have surgery.

I am in the exact same boat! I went as far as to

Call my insurance myself to make sure my doctor didn't make a mistake saying the 6 months were required... I do know that this will go fast now... In June I'm quitting smoking 8 weeks pre-op and July I'll already be starting the pre-op diet... So I'm hoping this home stretch will go quickly and August 5th is around the corner!! Lol my biggest fear is being denied after all this... :-/

It will go by quickly!! I started my 6 months in December and finally got insurance approval. Surgery set for June 13. Trust me it will fly:)