Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Normal banded weight loss?

I'm almost two months post op and the weight has been coming off fairly steady. Until the last two weeks. I go for another follow up Tuesday, two weeks from my last, and I haven't lost any weight since then.

I don't feel like I've eaten the wrong foods... I increased my exercise for just walking to walking, using my elliptical and circuit training twice a week. So I really thought that would boost the loss.

I've been drinking more Decaf tea in place of some of my Water. Does that make a difference? Could my band be too tight?

Am I just over-reacting?

The average weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week, but there will be times you won't lose. It's very normal.

As for Decaf tea, unfortunately while it has Water in it it's not Water. You really need to drink actual water to get the full benefits.

Unless you have signs of a band too tight I wouldn't worry about it.

Talk to your doctor on your next visit and let him reassure you.

Best wishes.

i was told that tea is fine as long as you are getting fluids, my doc also told me that i will experience plateaus just like i did before my band (that is Monday!) so maybe that is all it is, try and have a family member hide your scale and dont get on it daily....it really helps with the dispair! LOL

try and have a family member hide your scale and dont get on it daily....it really helps with the dispair! LOL

Great advice and so true...try and find other ways to gauge success. Using just a scale to measure success will lead to some very frustrating days. I know because I am still a scale addict nearly a year out. I am not nearly as bad.

As for Decaf tea, unfortunately while it has Water in it it's not Water. You really need to drink actual water to get the full benefits.

May I respectfully disagree? As long as it is non-caloric, it will hydrate you and give your body the necessary fluids. Even caffeine which can act as a diuretic, only does so at first and not in people who consistently consume it. Personally I only drink water if forced to at gun point, coffee, Crystal light, Tea are my hydrates of choice.

This is normal. You may not lose every weight every week. Have you checked your inches?

May I respectfully disagree? As long as it is non-caloric, it will hydrate you and give your body the necessary fluids. Even caffeine which can act as a diuretic, only does so at first and not in people who consistently consume it. Personally I only drink Water if forced to at gun point, coffee, Crystal light, Tea are my hydrates of choice.

That is what I was always told, too. In fact I have always drank a ton of green tea. But while in the hospital this past couple days, I was told that while tea and crystal light type stuff are a good for hydration they still can't replace plain old Water for cleansing and kidney function. So, I guess it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. For hydration, yes. For cleansing, apparently we still need water.

That is what I was always told' date=' too. In fact I have always drank a ton of green tea. But while in the hospital this past couple days, I was told that while tea and crystal light type stuff are a good for hydration they still can't replace plain old Water for cleansing and kidney function. So, I guess it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. For hydration, yes. For cleansing, apparently we still need water.[/quote']

Good point!!!!!

I don't loss every 7 days but II do end up losing 10 lbs a month so don't worry. If you were to tight you wouldn't be able to eat. so just keep going and stop worring.

That is what I was always told' date=' too. In fact I have always drank a ton of green tea. But while in the hospital this past couple days, I was told that while tea and crystal light type stuff are a good for hydration they still can't replace plain old Water for cleansing and kidney function. So, I guess it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. For hydration, yes. For cleansing, apparently we still need water.[/quote']

What about Water with a few drops of lemon juice?

I don't mean to split hairs here...I just trying to figure out what is best for my body and what may or may not affect weight loss. I was having trouble getting all my water in so I started using the sugar-free flavor packets. I feel like its too much artificial sweetener for some reason, so I've been adding a few drops of lemon juice instead. I'm only 3 weeks post-op, so I'm not freaking out about weight loss as I'm still healing.

My doc permits the flavor packets, but he says caffeinated drinks do not count as part of the minimal 65oz I need.

Regarding the straight-forward posts from successful veteran binders...I appreciate their comments. I come to this forum looking for helpful information, not to have my emotional needs met.

There is a pitcher at Bed, Bath and Beyond that holds cut fruit in the middle in a cylinder. You add Water to the pitcher and the fruit flavors your water. Just got done making one with strawberries, raspberries, and pineapple. It's awesome! In the summer it's very refreshing when you put in cucumbers!

Reality is Some weeks you will lose and some you won't.

Plain Water is the purest you can drink. As far as what is considered acceptable that depends on your doctor. Some doctors allow teas, some don't,caffiene vs. no caffiene depends on your doctor. If your doctor doesn't care then its going to depend on your preferences.

As you have probably observed all doctors have different thought when it comes to diet, that applies to your beverages as well. If you find your not loosing and you drink crystal light/teas, try plain water or water with a little lemon juice, but make sure when you try the change you keep your dietand exercise the same.If there is no difference then it doesn't matter. Do which ever you want. Remember we are each unique what works for 1 won't necessarily work for another. Its your determiation that is going to see you through.

Weight loss is a cycle. Over the long haul if you are exercising and eating the right amount of the right foods you will lose. Don't lose faith.

What about Water with a few drops of lemon juice?

I don't mean to split hairs here...I just trying to figure out what is best for my body and what may or may not affect weight loss. I was having trouble getting all my Water in so I started using the sugar-free flavor packets. I feel like its too much artificial sweetener for some reason' date=' so I've been adding a few drops of lemon juice instead. I'm only 3 weeks post-op, so I'm not freaking out about weight loss as I'm still healing.

My doc permits the flavor packets, but he says caffeinated drinks do not count as part of the minimal 65oz I need.

Regarding the straight-forward posts from successful veteran binders...I appreciate their comments. I come to this forum looking for helpful information, not to have my emotional needs met.

[/quote']

When using the flavor packets, I only use about a fourth of the packet because the whole thing or even half is way too sweet for me.

This is normal. You may not lose every weight every week. Have you checked your inches?

I only check inches when I see the fitness instructor and I will see her again on Tuesday as well.