Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am in the mindset of being a larger person who started with a high bmi and labeled super morbid obese, i sometimes still think, will i ever get there?

i have had several people ask me (what number/weight) i want to get to...i honestly have no idea. i will know when i get there and that is true. sure i have a number i'd love to get to, but right now the number i see is 199. i want to get to that number...once there, i will figure out where i want to go next.

i started this last june and wanted to get to 299. anything to get me out of the 300's...what a great day that was to see that happen.

my mindset is different than alot of people on this forum. i do consider myself outside the norm if you will. my mindset is different. i do it totally (my way). i dont weigh daily...i am not a slave to the cal tracking nor do i do fitpal etc....heck i dont even Facebook. so i just do what works for me pretty much.

i admit its hard seeing people who weigh what i do now, just starting and i am like man, if you know how hard i worked to get to this number (they despise) they'd see me differently i think. i am happy to be at my number...considering what it was..

so my mindset is this

do what they told me to do as best i can (slip ups happen and that is life) but def get into the positive thinking aspect and def NOT over think it to where you are second guessing constantly. i see and read that alot.

just let the band work.

let it help you. and let us (me) help it.

my mindset is see the first 100 off.....who knows, maybe another 50 or 60 to go...but i will get there eventually. there is no deadline. no time limit before my band explodes like the old mission impossible tv show......i will get there by going one day at a time.

with a mindset of yes i can.

I really like this CG. I just posted a blog of similar feelings. I really have a hard time not second guessing myself. I guess I still have the old mind of a failure. I know I am not failing- I haven't gained weight in 9 months that says something, but I still always want more. You have a GREAT attitude and I wish I could be like you when I grow up :).

I keep saying I haven't lost anything since Dec, but when I look back at my records I have dropped 7 lbs since Dec. 2. It just feel soooo sllllooooowwww.

Thanks for posting this- it put my mind in a new perspective. May have to print it so I can reread when I hit a down day.

I really like this CG. I just posted a blog of similar feelings. I really have a hard time not second guessing myself. I guess I still have the old mind of a failure. I know I am not failing- I haven't gained weight in 9 months that says something, but I still always want more. You have a GREAT attitude and I wish I could be like you when I grow up :).

I keep saying I haven't lost anything since Dec, but when I look back at my records I have dropped 7 lbs since Dec. 2. It just feel soooo sllllooooowwww.

Thanks for posting this- it put my mind in a new perspective. May have to print it so I can reread when I hit a down day.

what is slow is awesome

just because it comes off quicker (to a person who is larger, me for example)

means nothing.....it just means it is coming off the same way, 1/4 pound at a time.

you are losing and doing well as i read your blogs/posts daily and understand and have told you many times that what matters is the inches lost as that is where it shows that you are losing and the band is working...

haters gonna hate you because you are doing it with no BS excuses.

keep going. you are a success story GF.

I can totally relate. I'm often shocked at how angry I feel when someone says they're considering WLS to lose 20 or 30 lbs. As a person whose weighed over 400lbs and been obese since childhood that amount of weight seems trivial to me.

Mentally I know that isn't fair of me but that doesn't stop the emotional trigger from tripping.

Thank you for this! You have been a great mentor and support. Lately, I have woken up everyday and say in the mirror. "Look at how far you have come! Be happy about that today."

I can totally relate. I'm often shocked at how angry I feel when someone says they're considering WLS to lose 20 or 30 lbs. As a person whose weighed over 400lbs and been obese since childhood that amount of weight seems trivial to me.

Mentally I know that isn't fair of me but that doesn't stop the emotional trigger from tripping.

What I can't stand is when people--a DOCTOR yesterday--look at me and tell me how there is no way I need surgery. Okay I have a muscular frame but I also have a BMI over 40 and have high blood pressure and heart palpitations. I have over 100 lbs to lose and no one seems to get it. Luckily for me (evil laugh) their opinions are like a*******, everybody's got one :)

On more than several occassions, I have received the same remark. "You are not big enough for wls". Really? How big do I have to be? My weight had me in a morbidly obese range, pre-diabetic, and other co-morbidities were creeping in. If those are not BIG enough reasons...I am not sure what are.

“Your success in life will be in direct proportion to what you do after you do what you are expected to do.”

this is a superb example of a mindset

who supports YOU?

i am blessed to have a hub who is a support system for me...at home....but the support comes from me to myself...

i actually am supporting myself...to do better...eat better, exercise and believe in myself enough to give a crap..

i do not make excuses..i own it..

when i first started the forum, i was soooo worried people would not like me...and that was up until recently also..and now its like who cares.....

who i am is who i am..i am direct..i am up front and i dont like to read BS.....either do it....do it right or shut up already..

dont eat a entire pizza and then post did i hurt the band and did i do wrong?? YOU know as well as i do, what is (better food choices) for you..

do not go off the doctor advised path and be surprised later when (shock/horror) sits in if the scale goes back up or an issue arises...

i believe we are all given directions/suggestions on how to use the band properly....i was giving hand outs...i read alot on line.....this is major surgery after all...and i was scared to f**king death...

the dr i had pulled no punches.....he said WLS would help me......but unless i started to exercise...eat better it would not work in the long run...he stressed patient compliance is a huge part of the program.

i can sit here and list who in my past, what has hurt me and i can go on and on and on and then so on but right here/right now, it is me making that choice to make myself well...

overeating in private (so no one would see) still got me super morbid obese...i stopped supporting myself..i stopped caring....i had to get to that point where enough was enough.....are you there yet?

this is a process....i read post after post of those who stop trying after surgery because they had wls and bam, its gonna fix it all......and then they are saddened and writing what am i doing wrong.....how about ask yourself what are you doing right?

support begins with the person looking back at yourself in the mirror....support YOURSELF

that is truly all you need.

although other people's support helps/matters :)