Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushies Stage Recipes

Just a quick word of thanks to all those who have taken the time to post. I am in rural Queensland, Australia, and am rather isolated from a support point of view.

I am in the same situation as you ozbirko but in outback Western Australia. The recipes are great on this thread although I have had to search for certain products or replacements (1) being Amercian & (2)with the limited stock at the local supermarket.

My favourite (which my dietician gave me) is Weight Watchers cottage cheese and a can of Greenseas sandwich spread tuna with thousand island dressing. YUMMO. I have even blended the cottage pie which was a good family favourite. Also two close friend gave made me their own vege lasagna with ricotta cheese(Ab Fab.) The barmix is now my new best friend. Hang in there and don't hesitate to email me for a chat

Cheers Jo

What about Campbell's Select Soups. The butternut squash, mushroom, etc. They are very, very creamy and have tiny bits of stuff in them. I've had the butternut and it was AWESOME!

Thoughts for using it as a mushie?

I tossed them in a blender and thereby got rid of the chunks... seems ok so far.

I was also banded by DR.ACEVES!In aug 07.Did you go back to him for your fills?How has your progress gone?thanks,SUSAN

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST,WHO STRENGTHENS ME :rolleyes:

I love hummus.

I love salsas.

I love avocado dip.

ONE QUESTION:

Are y'all eating these with anything? I know chips are out of the question, but can we eat it with lettuce?

Sincerely,

Almost to Mushies

I love hummus.

I love salsas.

I love avocado dip.

ONE QUESTION:

Are y'all eating these with anything? I know chips are out of the question, but can we eat it with lettuce?

Sincerely,

Almost to Mushies

Lettuce??? don't think so on mushies. that would be too fiberous. I think just a spoon for now! you'll never miss them after being on liquids:bounce:.

Later when you progress from mushies, you might try soy crisps, Trader Joe's has some , they come in a bag like chips and are in the natural foods snack section. They go down very nicely for me when other things aren't . they are baked , low fat/calorie and soy is good for you! I was a chip lover and these, in modest portions naturally;) seem to do the trick! carefull with the avocado dip , very high fat! but YuMMMM...

Thanks for the tip on Trader Joe's! I think I'll go there tomorrow. I am stuck in a rut right now. All I have eaten during my mushi stage is: tuna, egg, cottage cheese. That's it! I'm bored. Help! I think I may have Beans tomorrow. Maybe with some avo on top. My 11 month old eats that, I think I'll join him tomorrow for lunch! haha

i just order two books

eating well after weight loss surgery from patt levine

and recipes for life after weight loss surgery from margaret furtado

hope i get them soon.

oh i order them on Amazon.com

I just looked up the "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery" by Patt Lavine on my local library web site. IT is there and I am going to go check it out tomorrow. I always check out the library before I buy. I can look through this one and copy the recipes that I want and not have a book gathering dust on my shelf.

Anyway, I wanted to say what great recipes ya'll are giving out. Thanks for the inspiration.

:whoo:Yeah for MUSHIES!!

Keep up the good work ya'll.

Karen :hippie:

Be very careful with lettuce - many bandster's can't tolerate it at all... I am hit or miss. Many veggies such as broccoli and asparagus can also be problematic.

:-)

sugar free RICE pudding

rcpprintrecipepop.gif

spacer.gif

rcpingred.gif

HAVE READY:

2 Cups of leftover COOKED rice....

COMBINE, BEAT WELL AND ADD:

3 Extra Large eggs, beaten

1 1/2 cups SKIM MILK

1/2 Cup of SPLENDA no calourie sweetner

1/3 cup Craisins ( or raisins would work too)

1 tsp vanilla Extract

1/8 tsp Salt

renutriinfo.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

ubullet.gifFat: 2.4gubullet.gifCarbohydrates: 17.8gubullet.gifCalories:116.7ubullet.gifProtein: 5.3g

spacer.gif

then wisk eggs and milk to blend, add other ingrediants...

Bake at 350 in a PAM sprayed Casserole dish for 60 minutes. Or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.

Try a PLOP of FAT FREE Cool Whip on topMakes 8 1/2 cup servings. YUMMY

Number of Servings: 8

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user 2BHEALTHY4LIFE1.

I was banded on 9/19. Many of my friends have been bringing over food for my family. Tonight I scooped some of the green bean casserole into the blender, added chicken stock and pureed it. Heavenly! I'm limited to "things I can eat through a straw" so purees are good. The mushroomy oniony chickeny flavor was quite satisfying. Maybe tomorrow I'll blenderize some left over lasagna!

Ten days post surgery we're going out to dinner and I'm phoning ahead to make sure I can get soft white fish to eat that night. That and a baked or smashed potato should be fine since I'll be on mushies by then.

Darr

DARR;

Now your thinking!!!

Getting creative while on the MUSHIE Phase is what its all about... we'd soon tire of scrambled eggs and baby food right?

Good luck, you are on your way

Hummus

rcpprintrecipepop.gif

spacer.gif

rcpingred.gif

2 15 ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed

juice of 1 small lemon (seeds removed, pulp optional)

1 tablespoon good olive oil

1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste, you can find it in the "international" aisle in the grocery store or more cheaply in a middle eastern specialty shop)

2 small or one large clove of garlic, finely grated

Water to adjust consistancy

Sweet hungarian paprika to garnish

A strong blender or food processor. renutriinfo.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

ubullet.gifFat: 2.0gubullet.gifCarbohydrates: 9.6gubullet.gifCalories:70.7ubullet.gifProtein: 3.2g

spacer.gif

1. Drain and wash the chickpeas, add to blender or food processor.

2. Add grated garlic, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and about 2 tablespoons of Water.< /p>

3. Puree until there are no whole chickpeas, and the hummus is a thick paste.

4. Remove from bowl of mixer and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika. You could drizzle some olive oil and toss some chopped tomatoes on top of it if you desire. Serve with pita bread.< /p>

This dish makes a lovely addition to a middle eastern appetizer platter, the centerpiece for a tray of veggies, or an amazingly filling snack. You can add all sorts of things to your hummus (see the variety of different pre-made hummus in the grocery store for inspiration!)

Number of Servings: 14

Avocado Hummus

rcpprintrecipepop.gif

spacer.gif

rcpingred.gif

2 (15oz.) cans chick peas

3 cloves garlic, finely minced

3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice

3 tbsp Tahini

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cumin

1/8 tsp garam masala (optional)

1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt

1 ripe avocado renutriinfo.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

ubullet.gifFat: 8.1gubullet.gifCarbohydrates: 32.5gubullet.gifCalories:227.9ubullet.gifProtein: 8.3g

spacer.gif

Drain Beans and rinse in a colander until Water runs clear. Puree Beans with garlic in a food processor.

Add remaining ingredients and blend until thick and smooth. Add more salt or lemon juice if desired.

Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill until ready to serve.

Number of Servings: 8