Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

It is my understanding, now keep in mind I am not medically informed(!) that it is the removal of the hanging skin, but not a muscle repair of the stomach. In a TT they actually snug up the muscles, and in the pannectomy (apron removal) they just remove the excess skin. I also understand it is not uncommon to have both done, an apron removal during the weight loss, to improve movement etc. and then a TT when goal weight is acheived.

I may however be ALL wrong!!! Maybe some of the medically trained ones on here will give us both an answer!!!

Kat

Thank you for the quick answer. I was kind of thinking that was it. Sagging skin is a concern for me, give my age and weight. I would love the TT but would Be happy with Apron removal.

As far as I know you can they are a great source of Protein.

Brenda

Me too, Chelle, me too!! Want this saggy stuff gone!!!!

Using the shakes is probably ok, if you are on the full liquid stage as opposed to still on Clear liquids. You might check the label and see what the calorie count, and Protein counts are, and see if they fit. Some of the shakes out there have way high calorie counts, as they are made for Meal Replacement, so have several hundred calories---and there are better options!!! But if you have some on hand, or know they do well with your system....and the numbers fit--I cannot imagine why they wouldn't work!

Kat

does anyone recommend a certain shake??? I tried 2 kinds and they were awful had to pitch em!!!

Bren

Here is a details of 1 shake from medifast......

do you think this is ok?

food Details for Medifast Swiss Mocha 55 shake

Nutrition Facts Total amounts For 1 EachCalories 90 Calories from Fat5 % of Daily value for 900 kcalTotal Fat1 g4 %Saturated Fat0 g0 %Trans Fat0 g Cholesterol0 mg0 %Sodium250 mg50 % Total Carbohydrate14 g16 % Dietary Fiber3 g12 %Sugars9 gProtein11 g12 % 0.gifVitamin A25 %Vitamin C35 %Calcium25 %Iron25 %

0.gif

do you mix that with Water?? If you mixed it with skim milk you would increase your Protein a lot.

Bren

I love the egg drop Soup, thank you, have made it many times in the past two weeks, tonite, for a change i added service pieces of cooked bacon to the soup mix for the added flavor...wow....was great. No i didnt eat the bacon, just thought I would add the flavor change.

During my pre-o and post-op liquid diet phase, especially the pre-op stage, I got tired of just "plain old" Slim-Fast Optima, etc. I bought five different liquid flavorings--cinnamon, mint, banana, coconut, and root beer--and would add {not all at the same time!:biggrin2:} to my shakes. This helped to break up the monotony of the same old thing, so to speak. As for the creamy side of things, I would add various powdered spices, like garlic or onion to my thinned {with skim milk} Soups. I also bought vegetable beef Soup, but pureed it then thinned it, again with skim milk. Of course, I'm sure most everyone knows that Campbell's has their Healthy Request line of soups, and a lot of Progresso's soups are low in fat and low in other areas as well. I've bought Progresso soups, pureed them, then thinned them with skim milk, and they were pretty tasty. And, unless otherwise advised by your physician and/or dietician/nutritionist, I personally don't see why one couldn't use spices, etc., to enhance the flavor of your liquid diets.:) Remember to read the nutrition labels before you buy. I know that there are a lot of variations out there, and everyone is different. It's what works for you, right? And allow me to add another disclaimer here--seek the advice of your dietician/nutritionist if you are in doubt as to what you can/should do!:) One more thing...During my pre-op liquid diet phase, I would make slushies with my Slim-Fast, blending the Slim Fast with lots of crushed ice. This increased the amount that I drank, but added no calories, becasue the "extra" amount was Water in the form of ice!

There are usually 2 different phases of liquids. Immediately following surgery is what you are speaking of and it IS usually Clear Liquids only. Then a week or so out, most will move on to full liquids it is referred to, where they can have shakes, cream Soups, etc.

From there it is on to mushies, then a regular diet.

Welcome to LBT--good point!

Kat