Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

Hodge-Podge Soup

2 medium tomatoes

1 medium carrot

Handful (about 10) of green Beans

1/4 onion, chopped

I pkt instant Soup

Pinch flavour enhancer

2 dessert spoons of Protein powder

1 tsp oil

1 tsp butter

Salt & pepper

Method

Chop all veggies. Melt butter and oil in saucepan and when starting to sizzle, add onion salt and pepper. Cook until you get 'cooked onion' smell, then add tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes, stirring often, then add rest of veggies and fill saucepan about half way with Water. Add soup mix and flavour enhancer.

Allow to simmer 30 minutes then remove from heat. Let cool a few minutes then blitz in blender and add Protein Powder at this stage. Blitz until smooth. Return to saucepan and add Water to desired thickness. Put back into blender, then return to saucepan, straining through a sieve to remove any lumps. Heat and serve.

I added a chicken instant soup mix, which gave it some 'body' and a slight chicken flavour, but if you want to keep it vegetarian, then just use a vegetable soup mix. The flavour enhancer I used is called Vegeta, but I don't know if its available outside Australia.

Fat-free Vegan Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Recipe

Ingredients:

• 16 oz green split peas, dried
  • 10 cups Water
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 large carrots, chopped
  • 3 medium potatoes, chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped

Preparation:

In a large saucepan, combine the split peas, Water, onion and spices. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.

Stir in the carrots, potatoes and celery. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for an additional 45 minutes, or until the soup reaches desired thickness. Remove bay leaf.

Puree in a blender or food processor. Reheat before serving.

I made this soup for Don and he loved it. I used chicken broth and added Beneproten last after cooking, then put it in the blender.

Don has the Realize Band.

Nina Reprinted with permission from The Compassionate Cook Cookbook.

I'm on my thin puree stage, and today I had Beech Nut Stage 2 butternut squash (4oz), mixed with 1oz unsweetened applesauce, a pat of butter and a pinch of Lowry's seasoned salt. Nuked in the microwave for about 45 sec. Not very nutritious, I don't think, but so yummy! A nice savory change from the Protein Shakes and blended yogurt.

I love everything on here!

I have decided to take this opportunity to experiment with pureed Soups. I imagine liquids will still get pretty boring soon, though! I already miss solid food a bit, but today I made a filling Soup with stuff I happened to have on hand.

The measurements aren't exact, but this will give you an idea.

1 very small potato, peeled and cubed

1/2 cup corn (I used frozen)

2 garlic cloves

1/2 chicken bouillon cube

1 tsp cumin

Water

milk

I cooked the minced garlic in a bit of oil for just a couple of minutes. Then I put in the potato, Water and bouillon cube. Let the potato cook until it's soft, then add the corn and let it heat up. Add the ground cumin. Puree everything in the blender with a little bit of milk (1/2 cup maybe) and re-heat. It was creamy and very filling.

I love everything on here!

Good Luck to you Koinoi, give me update on how you are doing? 7 mo. now down 48 lbs. and loving every lb. that I lose. I do eat whatever but really small amounts. Well not whatever what ever I can hold. No more rice, or bread. I was a size 18w now I'm a miss 12 still losing. I try rice and bread but can't seem to hold it down. Still learning and trying to eat the right things. But living in Hawaii is really hard on you. All these good fast food places, Just always remember Protein first, veggies next and if you got room go for fruit and maybe starch. After protein and veggies no room for anything else. LOL :cool2: Talk to you later. Keep up the good work. Oh yeah I love chicken Soup

I eat alot of that. Chicken with squash and wakami (seaweed)

boil chicken, skim out fat, add onion and fresh Tomato, add ginger, sea salt for flavor. Add squash last 15 min. throw dry wakami in. :tongue2:This is when you can eat solids. I made the soup w/chicken when I was on liquids. Boiling your own chicken got more flavor. Good luck again.

I am 1 week out from lap band surgery and I have lost 16 pounds. YEAH! I am on Clear Liquids for another week and I have done really well even with cooking dinner for my family, heck I can sit down at the table with them. But anyway, I have done well to eat sugar free stuff, but my body needs some sugar through out the day. So as my treat in the evening (at dinner time) every other day I have half a italian ice (Luigi's) you can get them at Walmart. Its a nice variety!

I have not had my surgery yet. But in talking with my doctor, he stated that I would be on liquids for only 3 days and then move on to mushy food. I assume it is different for everyone. I asked about Protein Shakes, etc and he stated that he did not like to use them. He said that he was using more of the natural foods to get what we needed? What should I expect?

Hello! I'm a newbie, just got banded last week, and I'm confused about this "liquid phase". Everyone is saying that it's broth and such, but my "sample idea" has me eating cream of mushroom Soup, sf Jello, and sf pudding. Am I doing this wrong or rushing? I don't want to have to go under the knife again because I did something wrong.:biggrin:

There are two parts to the liquid stage. The first is clear liquid, which is broth, sf Jello, Water, diluted juices, etc. For me, this phase lasted 3 days. The second stage is "full liquid," which includes strained creamy Soups, sf pudding, fat free yogurt with no chunks just to name a few. You should probably call your dr or nurse and find out which you are supposed to be on.

Hope that helped...

Hi Everyone,

Saw this on Prevention.com and copied them all down - I've just had a fill, so these smoothie recipes are going to come in handy, and they have the MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acid) to help with belly fat loss...

Smoothie recipes from Prevention.com

Blueberry Smoothie

A berry-licious Breakfast or snack, perfect for the Flat Belly Diet jumpstart

SERVINGS: 1

1 cup skim milk

1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries

1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil (MUFA)

Place milk and frozen unsweetened blueberries in blender and blend for 1 minute. Transfer to glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.

Peanut Butter and banana Smoothie

Natural Peanut Butter lends texture to this hearty Breakfast drink from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook

½ cup fat-free milk

½ cup fat-free plain yogurt

2 Tbsp creamy natural unsalted peanut butter (MUFA)

¼ very ripe banana

1 Tbsp honey

vanilla Yogurt and Blueberry Smoothie

A berry sweet and satisfying Flat Belly Diet snack

1 cup skim or soy milk

6 oz (80-calorie) vanilla yogurt

1 cup fresh blueberries

1 Tbsp flaxseed oil (MUFA)

Handful of ice OR 1 cup frozen blueberries

Combine milk, yogurt, and fresh blueberries plus ice OR frozen blueberries in a blender. Blend for 1 minute, transfer to a glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.

Nutritional Info Per Serving

360 calories

chocolate Delight Smoothie

Curb sweet cravings with this perfect MUFA-rich, Flat Belly Diet snack

½ cup skim or soy milk

6 oz (80-calorie) vanilla yogurt

1/4 cup chocolate chips (MUFA)

1 cup fresh raspberries

Handful of ice OR 1 cup frozen raspberries

Combine milk, yogurt, chocolate chips, and fresh raspberries plus ice OR frozen raspberries in a blender. Blend for 1 minute, transfer to a glass, and eat with a spoon.

Sweet Peach Smoothie

A smoothie makes a delicious snack on the Flat Belly Diet jumpstart

1 cup skim milk

1 cup frozen unsweetened peaches

2 tsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil (MUFA)

Place milk and frozen, unsweetened peaches in blender and blend for 1 minute. Transfer to glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.

Citrus Infusion Smoothie

Lemon and orange blend for a tropical Flat Belly Diet drink

1 cup skim or soy milk

6oz (80-calorie) lemon yogurt

1 medium orange peeled, cleaned, and sliced into sections

1 Tbsp flaxseed oil (MUFA)

Handful of ice

Combine milk, yogurt, orange, and ice in a blender. Blend for 1 minute, transfer to a glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.

370 calories

Apple-a-Day Smoothie

Try this taste-bud pleasing drink from the Flat Belly Diet

1/2 cup skim or soy milk

6oz (80-calorie) vanilla yogurt

1 tsp apple pie spice

1 medium apple peeled and chopped

2 Tbsp cashew butter (MUFA)

Handful of ice

Combine milk, yogurt, apple pie spice, apple, cashew butter, and ice in blender. Blend for 1 minute, transfer to a glass, and eat with a spoon.

388 calories

pineapple Smoothie

A refreshing Flat Belly Diet jumpstart snack

1 cup skim milk

4 oz canned pineapple tidbits in juice

1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil (MUFA)

Handful of ice

Place milk, canned pineapple in blender, add of ice, and whip for 1 minute. Transfer to glass and stir in flaxseed oil.

strawberry Smoothie

Kick off the Flat Belly Diet 4-day jumpstart with this refreshing drink

1 cup skim milk

1 cup frozen, unsweetened strawberries

2 tsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil (MUFA)

Combine skim milk and frozen, unsweetened strawberries in blender. Blend, transfer to glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

To Luvebug....I am also second stage..my surgery was 10-9, I discovered Campbell's cream of chicken Soup made with skim milk and instant potatoes taste pretty good together.