Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

As far as broth goes, are you all speaking of just regular chicken broth in the can?

Yes.... Felicia..

How are you doing???

I am on day 2 of pre-op diet (no food only oatmeal - shakes - Litelife Soup (8 oz) and bars) I am HUNGRY!!!!!!!

i had a hard time coming up with stuff to eat on liquids but my mom made this... v8 juice with a bouillien (however u spell it) cube melted into it with shredded cheese completely melted in it. LIFE SAVER. love it!

Thanks PrincessChey

Sounds good... It seems that since i went back to work i am mor hungry than when i stay home - go figure,

I am starving right now - I am going to go try your v8 cheese Soup

Hey all ~

Today I start the full liquid stage and I have a question about the consistency. Should it be super runny such as the broth, or can it be thicker? I blended some oatmeal this morning and got it as "liquidy" as I could, but it was still a bit thick. I did the straw test and it worked, but it was sorta the consistency of a shake ... is this OK?

Hey all ~

Today I start the full liquid stage and I have a question about the consistency. Should it be super runny such as the broth, or can it be thicker? I blended some oatmeal this morning and got it as "liquidy" as I could, but it was still a bit thick. I did the straw test and it worked, but it was sorta the consistency of a shake ... is this OK?

I think it needs to have the consistency of a creamy Soup or the first state baby food. Good Luck!

Hi - my doctor also told me that the liquid stage means Clear Liquids only - next week i can start creamy liquids. i guess it depends on the doctor, but i too am getting bored with clear liquods.

ey, y'all, I got this recipe off of the bouillon cube box. It's pretty fabulous! I made a couple of changes: shallots for onions, garam masala for just "curry", just stuff like that.

Enjoy!

Cream of pumpkin Curry Soup

3 Tbs butter

1 cup thinly sliced shallots

1 clove garlic pressed

1/2 tsp Kosher salt

1 tsp garam masala

1/4 tsp ground coriander

1/8 tsp cayenne

3 cups Water

3 Maggi veggie bouillon cubes

15 oz can Libby's solid pack pumpkin

1 cup half-and-half

Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in garam masala, salt, coriander, and cayenne; cook for 1 minute. Add Water and bouillon; brink to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half; cook for 5 minutes.

Pour into food processor or blender container. Cover, blend until creamy. Serve warm, or reheat to desired temperature.:hungry:

PCracker---I don't know if it will help, but the goal for mushies, is to have heavier food, that does not require a lot of work for your healing stomach to digest. So anything soft, and not requiring further breakdown in the stomach will work! If your stomach (mind) can handle a burrito put in the blender, then it will work!

What you do not want are foods that require full digestion efforts out of the stomach. So nothing fibrous yet. Mashed potatoes are one of the firsts for many, I loved Taco Bell refried beans!! And Wendy's chili....when I went to full diet, was an easy fast food while I was out and about. Many vegetables can be cooked, then pureed to make a mushie. When you are on full liquids, and mushies, you can add Peanut Butter (creamy) to your shakes, and it is added Protein, which helps keep hunger at bay.

Picture in your mind, how they attached the lower stomach up to hold your band in place, and keep in mind that the stronger the scar tissue builds now, the healthier your band could be. So work and try to find good healthy mushies....even though it isn't always easy, and you might feel like you could eat something different, it is better to play it safe and fully heal, then move on to full foods. It really is worth it all!!!

Kat

Ola!

h-fan-- Make sure that you get the Slim Fast Low Carb. The regular and Optima are loaded with sugar. The low carb has 4 carbs, of which one is sugar, and 20g's of Protein. Also, the Optima and regular only have 10 g's of Protein.< /p>

Another few ideas on clear liquid--

juice out of canned veggies

cook ramen noodles, strain them, and eat the liquid

Hope this might help!