Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

thought I'd post this here too:

I am a starbucks addict. I am addicted to caramel frappucinos. I have at least made the better decision lately of getting frappucino lights, but I know they still have alot of sugar. Plus, $4 a day is alot of money! So, I looked around online and found some frappucino recipes and I played around and I have come up with the perfect light frappucino you can make at home!! I am drinking one right now and it is OH SO GOOD!

Directions :

Brew some STRONG coffee, and freeze it in a ice cube tray.

Then put 4 coffee ice cubes, 6 regular ice cubes, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 tablespoon splenda, and one tablespoon sugar free caramel in blender, and blend.

Viola, a delicious sugar free low cost low guilt frappucino at home!

Thanks I love Starbucks as well....But we both know that's off limits...Great recipe Thanks:clap2:

Donna....I always use low sodium broth. With the low amount of liquid cals we're taking in, all that sodium really makes you retainer Water. Sometimes you just gotta use a high sodium food but I try to avoid it. I just feel better if I do.

Does artificial sugar give you gas???? I haven'b been banded yet, but I was planning to stay away from sugar free pops and drinks. Anybody had a problem with them?

Yes, artificial sweetners do give gas...especially sorbitol and maltitol...but they are healthier than nutrasweet, sacharin or Splenda! The best sweetenr you can get, which is also a supplement is Stevia. You can find it at a healthfood store in drops or little packets. You canmake your own popsicles at home...yum. You can also cook with stevia. It is ALL natural. It also stabalizes blood sugar and helps lower high cholesterol.

I love Stevia. But I just read an article that says that with all artificual sweeteners, you may save the calories, but your body reacts as if it's sugar, and produces insulin. then causes you to be really hungry to get enough food in the handle the insulin! Not fair! Think of all the diabetic sugar free candy that's been sold forever...and it increases insulin! The article also said that watching TV shows about food increases insulin so you go eat. Sigh.

here it is!

chocolate unsweetened almond milk or soy milk(better for you than regular milk and less carbs) (40 cals per 8oz) about 12oz so you can save a bit for later

1 banana

1 tablespoon of almond butter

a few drops or a small envelope of Stevia a natural sweetner As a last resort use Splenda

just a few pieces of crushed ice

chocolate Protein powder

blend all together...enjoy! :hungry:

you can freeze left over in ice cube tray with toothpicks in each square and have popsicles later!

I love Stevia. But I just read an article that says that with all artificual sweeteners, you may save the calories, but your body reacts as if it's sugar, and produces insulin. then causes you to be really hungry to get enough food in the handle the insulin! Not fair! Think of all the diabetic sugar free candy that's been sold forever...and it increases insulin! The article also said that watching TV shows about food increases insulin so you go eat. Sigh.

Good news! Stevia is NOT an artificial sweetener, it is a plant. The leaves are very sweet and a little goes a looooong way. It has a good effect on blood sugar instead of bad,,,therefore no insulin excess. It stabilizes blood sugar so well that in other countries stevia is used to help diabetic patients control diabetes. So go for it! enjoy! Nothing negative about stevia :-):clap2:

Here's part of an article I was reading....

There have already been 900 stevia studies. Nineteen of them indicated problems according to the food and Drug Administration.

Here's part of an article I was reading....

There have already been 900 stevia studies. Nineteen of them indicated problems according to the food and Drug Administration.

The sugar and artificial sweetner industry here has control.... that is why only a few of the studies show problems and those were probably sponsored by the sugar industry. of 900 only a few show problems? the others show cancer and tumor producing and they are still on the market! I ahve used it for over 6 years...no problems.

Luvebug, I felt really weak the first few days (banded Oct.13), but it seems to have passed - I think it is becuase I have started taking Vitamins. One a Day. I'm going to get some calcium chews too.

Good luck.

Katt.

I made that Frappacino recipe posted above.

WOW, better than cheesecake for me. Yummmmmm.

According to Fitday.com it's 110 calories, 22 carbs and 4 gms Protein. A little high on carbs, but as an occasional treat it really can't be beat.

I was banded a week ago and am doing very well - except the last two days I have felt so weak and tired. I am on full liq. now and wondering about suggestions for more Protein, maybe that is it.